All member reviews for The Last Olympian: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5

Fantasy series' excellent conclusion ups the violence.

Adult Written byDrSpongebob January 21, 2010

Best Conclusion Ever Since LOTR 3

The title says it all. This is one of the best conclusions to a series I have read since Lord of the Rings. Definitely more violent than the others, it is a very good book that really made me sad that the series was over. It gives lots of messages throughout the entire book involving friendship, and standing up for what you believe. If you son or you like the other books you are going to go bananas over this one. Enjoy!^_^
Parent of a 2, 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byjennwhitmer October 14, 2010

I enjoyed the story, and it's action packed. The biggest problem is with the way the demigods were conceived. There is a lot of talk about the gods sleeping with humans to make the demigods. Until your child is ready to understand babies out of marriage, this book isn't for him.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bystuhlly December 9, 2009

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byunknown person June 10, 2011

Percy Jackson's final book

The final installment to an acclaimed series, The Last Olympian is a novel full of action and suspense. A lot of violence throughout the book, though, and a little of parent guidance may be needed. A breathtaking book.
Kid, 9 years old February 24, 2014

The best book in history, even if we count all the Harry Potter books together!

I never laughed so much in a book ! When there is a (really) dangerous situation Rick Riordan make you laugh with sentences like "Using a phone for half-blood is like shooting a signal rocket saying Hey ! Monster, I'm here, come to eat me !" It's the best book in the world wrighten by the best author in the world.You have to read this!
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2010

Another good book for tweens!!!

Percy Jackson is two words: awe-some! I havent read it yet but it has to be good because the other ones are good! I have not seen the movie yet, either!
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2010

An Amazing Ending to the Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This book is by far the best in the series. Incredibly, there is humor mixed in with it even if there is a war from page 147 to 350. There is definitly a lot of violence, but it extremely kid friendly. They don't describe it at all. The worst weapon is acid. There are a lot of beloved characters killed, and some of them have been in the story since the first book. The battles can get a a little boring at times, but something different always happens at the end, and there is always a bit of humor tossed in there to lighten it up. There is a big contreversy between Annabeth and Percy- Sometimes they're getting along, and sometimes they are giving each other the silent treatment. That never gets old. The Last Olympian is altogether thrilling, and tear jerker, and it does incredible justice to the series. Great Job Rick Riordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2011

I wish it had been longer, but this ending was pretty good.

I liked it ok, but I wish he had prolonged the series. If he had just had two more books, he could have a franchise nearly as big as Harry Potter...all in all, I wish it didn't have to end but I guess I'll have to deal with it.
Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2010

5/5

I definitely recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a mystery, adventure, or action book. Though there is lots of fighting, some deaths, and torturing, this book has good morals as well. Bravery, friendship, and consequences are well depicted.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMostlysane March 31, 2010

Ugly word choice that stopped me in my tracks.

Sorry, I couldn't finish the book... I stopped at page 40 or so because it lacks the awesomeness that Harry P, Eragon, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Golden Compass have. -----------Basically, it has an interesting plot, but they don't convey it in a way that would interest someone interested in great literature. ----------------Too poor vocab choices such as: "stuff, things, big, good, cool, a lot"... you get the picture
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bypebchristian March 23, 2010

The best in the series

Very enjoyable. An excellant twist with Greek mythology. This was by far the best in the series. It is way better than Harry Potter.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2014

Amazing Book!

This book is really good! There are some upsetting parts when (characters die for instance, there is a little bit of betrayal. There is one kiss. Some children may be upset by characters getting injured or hurt.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHundav1 January 1, 2012

This one is more...

Amazing. However, before you read it you have to realize that Percy isn't a little kid any more. He's sixteen now, and yes, he and Annabeth do kiss but its quick and doesn't describe anything. Also, it is more violet than the previous books, but if you've read the other ones then you know that Rick Riordan's style isn't gorey or graphic. Most of the monsters just explode into dust or ice or something. There were some sad parts in this one and some of the dying may be distressing to some people. There was one spot where I did cry, but the story is fantastic and redeeming and I definitely recommend it!
Parent Written bycatsforpeace@aol.com May 18, 2011

my whole family loved the whole series. My son is now soooo into mythology. LOVE IT........??
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 13, 2011

Amazing for 10+

The 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series closer is a wonderfully crafted ending. Though there is some fighting between the Olympians' side and the Titans' side, it is not serious enough to be an issue. This series is excellent for true facts about Greek mythology. Percy and his friends are smart, courageous role models. There is some romance between a few characters, but never goes beyond a kiss (these are not described in depth by the author).
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2011

coll

awesome i loved it
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

Best book in the whole series

Has a little bit of violence, but really, who cares? It's such a great book. I recommend it to anyone who likes a mix of realistic fiction, action, and adventure. 5/5 stars.
Adult Written byJustin 974 October 29, 2010

This game is great for pre-teens and above.

Great book. But, I don't want to say too much about it because I don't want to spoil it for you. YOU HAVE TO READ IT!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 21, 2010

amazing
Teen, 14 years old Written byaeabotts March 12, 2010

the best book ever

It is probably one of the best books ever. I read all of the books in the series. I was disappointed when i had to stop. I wanted to read them forever. It does have violence a lot. Ther are tons of battles but the action isn't very bloody or gory. The monsters they face turn to dust when killed. There is a small kissing seen at the end but it is very minor. You have to read all of the other books first. You will never want to put it down.