All member reviews for The Library Card

A mysterious library card affects four lives.

Teen, 13 years old Written bychickie94 April 9, 2008

Amust read book for everyone

These incredible stories are amazing! It a is all about 4 childrene and how there lives get affected by this library card. I really liked the book !! You should all read it. It's great!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrick128 January 23, 2011

i like 3 og the 4 stories i dident like soanary
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookWorm94 April 9, 2008

Eh...

This book wasn't the best. It didn't make that much sense, because none of the stories connected in any way except for them all finding a library card at some point. This wasn't one of Jerry Spenelli's best...
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookwormwriter November 10, 2011

Not the best...

I must admit, this isn't what I expected. It was a little boring, and I didn't enjoy reading it. I finished all the stories, but I was disappointed. It does give a good view of books and libraries, but it wasn't Spinelli's best. Nightmare at the Book Fair by Dan Gutman had the same 'lesson', and it was really fun to read. In the end, I was disappointed that I'd wasted my time. All the same... Happy reading! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byirockandrool April 16, 2010

Great for 9 and up kids: not really for 9 and down children.

I have to mention that this book is a great book for kids older then 9 years of age. I love this book very much and want every child to read this book. Maybe even tomorrow. Kids you might not and might like this book very much like i do right now at this moment.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byChristianmommy November 18, 2009

Great handbook for delinquents!

Hated this. Angry it was given to my 3rd grader. For all of the questionable youth activity: Repeated Shoplifting and Vandalism, Defying all teacher, adult and parenting relationships, quitting/skipping school, cutting, hijacking and hitchhiking to name only a few! All with no real consequences... Poorly strung together, it is more of a handbook for delinquency than shining example of how books can save people. Forget about any sense of morals or authority figures helping troubled kids!
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byBnWsMom November 6, 2009

Good book for middle grades

This book was so-so. Overall it has a positive message about the value of books/the library - however that positive message is only inferred so the reader must be mature enough to recognize it. This book also has some mature themes - it infers that one of the characters may be suicidal, a couple other characters shoplift and vandalize. Another character is homeless and lives in a car with his uncle. These dark themes tend to overshadow the positive message. Additionally, the imagery and figurative language used by the author is somewhat complex and the reader would need to have the maturity level to comprehend it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMissStephie September 25, 2009

Better books written regarding the value of library cards.

The book was chosen for our Mother/Daughter Book Group (ages 8-12). It was a disappointment. As a librarian I think stories could have been written in a more positive way regarding library cards.
Teen, 16 years old Written byZac1164 April 9, 2008