All member reviews for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 1

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicNerd January 14, 2014

12 and up due to old English and reading comprehension

I read this book when I was 11 which I think altered how I feel about it. When I read it, I hated it. But looking back on it, I realized that the main reason for my dislike of it was due to how hard it had been for me to read. The old English language made reading it very hard for me, and the fact that I had a due date for having it done didn't help either. But thinking back on it, I think if I were to re-read it now at free-pace I'd be able to enjoy it much more. In fact, I know I'd enjoy it. If the movie is just like the book, then the book must be amazing, you just have to be a bit older to fully comprehend it. That's why I say 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythiesha May 23, 2013

thiesha's intelligent mind

as a young child i think it was good but they need to add more to it an make it more clear
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

Narnia

The characteristics of the characters were very good. It's very suitable for children around the age of 7-10. When you grow nearby the teenage years 11-15 It seems very kiddish. They all showed love for each other and Lucy taught us to believe. The book was very book
Kid, 9 years old April 24, 2012

Review

A amazing fantasy book,that takes you write in to the story and is one of the best books out there for kids!
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2012

Awesome read for kids of ay age!

This book is great! I think that it's appropriate for any kids, but I put 8 and up because I think that that's the age when kids become interested in it. I am now eleven and I have read the books a countless number of times! Good educational value (especially if you're Christian!!), positive messages, AND good role models! All rolled into one!
Kid, 8 years old October 17, 2011

Best BOOK EVER!!

This is a really good book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnimalLover_9798 August 1, 2011

What parents should know ( not to offend )

This is a very good book for kids escpecialy if they have a big imagination, i dont think the book is bad influence, this it's what i think abut the "Bad Things".I think many parents are a little too over protective and it's not to violent because it's not like kids don't see violence on the news or out in the real world, and the drug use like drinking and smoking shouldn't be hidden from kids because they'll learn about in school sooner or later, and bad language i understand if you want your kids to hear it or not but teachers do use them and everyone one in the whole world does and if you don't want your kids to hear it, keep them inside the house all day.
Kid, 8 years old September 29, 2010

Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2010

Perfect 4 all ages7+

I love this book!!!! tons of action. It is a classic!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilnekocat June 3, 2010

Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2009

Perfect for anyone over 6 years old!!

I love this book AND the movie. I really recomend reading this with your child especially if you are a first time reader. Otherwise I really recomend reading it as many times as you want!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bycinderilla7 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bypuppyest08 April 9, 2008

A MUST READ!

This book is simply wonderful. Exciting and teaches a lesson, this book is memerable. Great for any one ages five and up. I give this book two thumbs up!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMelon Buggy April 9, 2008

I loved the book and the Movie

The thing i most liked was the part when peter really becomes a king and battles the witch. They did a great job filming it and it was a beautiful book only a little violent. not at all awful or bad. IT WAS TOTALLY WICKEDLY AWESOME. I wish i could watch it again and i'm doing it for my book report
Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008

Has a verry important message of how you have to learn to forgive others. I loved it! Even though I've read sadder books, when Aslan forgives Edmund I cryed so bad! And I like the fact that it doesn't all end so wonderfully well. The next book (the horse and his boy) is really good and explains a lot!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

The Book Of Belief

This book was very inspiring to a young writer like me, it gave me ideas on how to organize writing and Lewis really fo;;owed through the story. On a scale of 1 to 10 I think it deserves a 8.***

Must read book!

With their father at war, the Pevensies are sent off to be safe in the country with a rich man, a snotty housekeeper, and a magical wardobe. Trying to hide from the housekeeper, the four children, Lucy, Edmond, Susan, and Peter (youngest to oldes), find a magical world conquered by an evil witch queen, Jadas. The childeren set out on an adventure to save the world that they had no idea would be their royal destiney.

What happened to the action?!?!

What happened to the ice crack? How about the hunting of the White Stag? They spoke in such weird words? And what does ye thow and hereth? Please if you are going to write this book again, please put more action in it!!!