All member reviews for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 1

Teen, 13 years old Written byavidcritc April 9, 2008

transparent, but lovable

yeah, it's totally obvious that aslan is jesus. not subtle and all. but despite that (and i'm not even christian!) i still loved this book. my whole family got really into it one summer, so warning: get into it as much as you like, but no matter how good the author makes turkish delight sound, do yourself a favor and don't go out and try it. it is so, so gross.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGunnarman February 12, 2010

One of the best books ever made. Dead Serious.

This book is simply amazing. I have read all of The Chronicles of Narnia, and this one is the best by far. C.S. Lewis is one of the best writers in all of history. This book is great fantasy and if you don't like fantasy at all, then you won't like this. It is pure fantasy and is a great storie for children. When I first heard the storie as a little kid, I was just stunned. Highly recommended.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIllyrienne July 4, 2013

This is not book one. This is book TWO.

This is an amazing book, a must read for everyone. But I hope you all realize it's not actually book 1? The first book in the Chronicles of Narnia is The Magician's Nephew. Read that first. It makes The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe make a lot more sense.

C.S. Lewis is the best

C.S. Lewis is the best auther there is. he is dead ( i wish he wasnt ) but i think he would proud of this comment. he made all those books for a reason im sure. by what the books are about, i think he is one of the strongest cristian ( besides jesus ) that ever lived!
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2011

AWESOME BOOK!!!!!!!!

this book is super great to all you haters out there. you should totally get and read the book. super great! too bad the author is dead. thanks :D :P
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

Promise a great BOOK!

Try this BOOK! It is about four children (otherwise known as the children of eve and adam) falling into a wardrobe and coming out into a beautiful snowy forest. Help Peter, Lucy, Susan and Edward face dwarfs, centaurs, lions, witches, beavers, and much more exciting adventured filled things!

A MUST READ FOR ALL AGES

I love this book so much i have read it like 7 times. If your into fantasy you will love this book. even if you hate fantasy you will love this book
Teen, 14 years old Written byphantomphan April 9, 2008

Wonderful

A very good book, if slow paced at times.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAllison Wittier May 27, 2015

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

This is a really amazing book for almost all ages! There is a great parallel with Aslan sacrificing himself for sinners like our Christ Jesus did for us on the cross...and the battle between good and evil. I'd recommend this to everyone!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2013

Chronicles Of Narnia, Book 1 My opinion

This is a wonderful novel and the movie is great. This is my favorite movie because it has a underlying message and that is that there is good and evil in this world.
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2012

Awesome read for kids of ay age!

This book is great! I think that it's appropriate for any kids, but I put 8 and up because I think that that's the age when kids become interested in it. I am now eleven and I have read the books a countless number of times! Good educational value (especially if you're Christian!!), positive messages, AND good role models! All rolled into one!
Kid, 8 years old October 17, 2011

Best BOOK EVER!!

This is a really good book.
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2010

I actually liked the book. At first I thought I was not going to like it.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2010

HORRIBLE

i thought it was a horrible book i hated it. i really didn't get it.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2009

Perfect for anyone over 6 years old!!

I love this book AND the movie. I really recomend reading this with your child especially if you are a first time reader. Otherwise I really recomend reading it as many times as you want!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bynintendo_freak_13 April 9, 2008

The start of great fantasy stories...

This is practically the origin of all great fantasy stories! There's a war near the end but it's not too descriptive... Mr. Beaver drinks... But the kids watch out for each other (although Edmund gets a little selfish sometimes). This is a wonderful book you should encourage all your kids 8+ to read!
Teen, 14 years old Written byfinalfear45 April 9, 2008

A must-read book

This book is fun for any age a must-read book which is as entertaining as the movie one of the best!

EVERYONE will love this book!

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is a perfect book for 8+, or even lower. This book is a little violent--Aslan is abused in front of the girls, Edmund is mistreated by the witch, Peter kills a wolf, and there is a battle where several beings are killed. However, there are good moments, like when the girls play with Aslan. I don't want to give away too much, but enjoy!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

I feel so bad about saying it.....but I didn't like it.....

I feel bad about saying it, because C.S. Lewis seems to have so many fans, but I didn't really like the book. I read it when I was 9 for a class project and was not very impressed. I understood it perfectly and thought the language was excellent, but I guess it was just too imaginative for me. It lacked, in my opinion, a way to make it entirely believable. Sorry all you C.S. Lewis fans! Unfortunately, I just didn't fall under the spell.