All member reviews for The Lovely Bones

Violent, disturbing read meant for discussion with teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written bycrazy4bre February 10, 2011

i read this book when i was 11. Its alright but you have to be mature enough to handle some of the things that happens in it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAidylweiss January 22, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byemqueen December 20, 2010

This is a really great book. i read it and i am 13. i put iffy for 13 year olds because to read it you have to be mature enough to handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatlover12 December 4, 2010

I didn't like how the book portrayed teenagers.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypeachy900089 October 21, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written by-insert usernam... October 18, 2010

Great for mature teens.

I completely disagree with the person below me; but I'll let them have an opinion, as I do. The amount of...graphic imagery in the book can be disturbing. The language isn't awful, but it still deserves a warning. Overall a good book in my opinion (I loved it) but the parents should generally be the the ones to decide if their children can read it.
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2010

I LOVE THIS BOOK! My mom just bought it yesterday and im alreay on chapter 3.The movie kinda changed it....but i highly recemded it to 13+
Teen, 14 years old Written byPolkaDot123 September 28, 2010

Teenagers Will Love This Book

LOVEEEED IT ! This book is AMAZING , I ddn't want the story to end !!! I don't recommend it for tweens or anybody younger though, too sexual...but other than that i believe All Teenagers & Adults Should Read This Book !!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycupcakereadin September 27, 2010

Bit iffy.

Really liked this book, some parts were a bit iffy, again i suggest parent read first. Much better than the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpicy Mango September 12, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byLOLZ17 September 6, 2010

Great Book, Not Appropriate for Kids

LOVE IT!!! :) book was very good, i think that for mature kids that are 12+ could read but otherwise I would say it is appropriate for teens 14+
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2010

Ouch. Violent disturbing read is truly excellent. One of my favorite books.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynickiminaj5 July 22, 2010

I loved the book.very sad though.

I am reading this book and it is very sad.But it is still a very good book and i like it but very sad because the girl in the book was raped and murdered and cut into pieces by her murder.I think it would be ok for an eleven year old to read based on how mature you are.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycaramelcherry77 July 10, 2010

This Book Is Heart Wrenching

I think it is a very good read. Gripping . Scary to imagine and very bold on the author's part to write something so personal. I could feel the author's own story as 'Suzie' told her story.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2010

Poor Susie

I really want to watch the movie, it makes me sad to think that what happened to susie salmone could be happening to any one in the world at the moment.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2010

Maturity

I showed my friends the rape/dismemberment part and they thought it was really gross. Any mature tween like me will be able to handle this book and not get grossed out... Just my opinion, though!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytkn_714 May 12, 2010

for older teens, no one younger than 15

This book was good. It was kind of sad and confusing but the story came through and I understood it. At first I thought it was just about her dying but later revealed her family's coping with her death and her killer not being captured.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2010

Adult Written byfridam05 April 28, 2010

I love The Lovely Bones. It's a challenging read but successful. I really enjoyed reading this and I look forward for writers to write more books like it. I would recommend this book for young adults 16 and older because of graffic and sexual scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky April 23, 2010

this book was very sad but very good. it was one of the most different books i've ever read but i loved it. some scenes are pretty graphic ( ruth and ray making love) but it wasn't TOO gory. I loved this and i think you will too.