All member reviews for The Lovely Bones

Violent, disturbing read meant for discussion with teens.

Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2010

Best Book I've Ever Read.

I was too young to read it when I did, I'll admit. But it was the single absolute best book I've ever read. While it was devastatingly horrible and terribly sad, it was so filled with hope and love and meaning... brilliant. I'd recommend it to a mature, teenage bibliophile. :)
Kid, 10 years old March 30, 2010

My friends like this book and I haven't read it so I think it may be good.
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2010

older adults

hate it
Teen, 15 years old Written byme_person March 7, 2010

LOVE IT!

This book is most deffinately one of my favorite books. I just finished reading it yesterday even though I'm only eleven. A lot of the kids in my class also love this book since the majority of my class read it. In some parts it can get to descriptve but overall it's a really good book, and I most deffinately reccomend this book to anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 March 4, 2010

tweens and up

very good
Adult Written byCoffeeTable March 2, 2010

Mature Grade 9's and up.

I loved this book except for the end. Alot of peopel i've talked to didn't like the scene where she actually got raped and died, but possibly because i've read so many books like this that i am desensitized that i didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The pain and loss from the family that you feel are incredible and Susie's constant reminder and search for acceptance in the afterworld to move on are very poetic. I greatly enjoyed this book as do many girls who read it in my library.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTuesdayEcho February 28, 2010

I havent read it yet but my friends like it
Teen, 14 years old Written bykobukgirl96 February 21, 2010

to discriptive of the murder

i only skimmed through the sample because all my friends read it it creeped me out and was to discriptive it is not about maturity to handle it but if you are comfortable to read it
Kid, 12 years old February 18, 2010

Doesn't seem appropriate for younger kids, but still sounds really good.

I've never actually read it, except for the part where Susie gets murdered, and it was soooo creepy! It sounds really good, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVICER February 10, 2010

Next book please!

In my opinion the book was depressing half way through and when it started getting better...(I can't say the ending). I may have been to young when I read the book and maybe I just don't understand any of he moral messages. But I don't recomend the book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicoletteQuail February 2, 2010

Great for mature teens

i loved it, a must read for anyone who is mature to handle graphic/explicit scenes in this book
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn February 1, 2010

His is one of my favorite books. It is so good. Really makes you think. And cry. Only read this book if you are mature enough to handle it. Heavy stuff.
Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2010

Be Prepared - Be VERY Prepared

You might think that this book will be OK for adults (which, suitably, it is) but any age will be upset during the course of this and some will be horrified afterwatds the end of this book. It is intruiging and compelling and the best read EVER in my opinion, but I had to sleep near someone until I finished because I was in FEAR - the villian is creepy, and the book is violent, but the best part would be the overall positive message is death isn't the end - but a passage to more life. I know, it might sound corny, but it isn't. It may be upsetting, disturbing, graphic, cruel, violent and gruesome, but it is inspiring, happy (at the END!) and truly wonderful. Read it on a shiny day - a very, very shiny day.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 January 22, 2010

Horrid

I never read this book, but my friends told me of it in great detail and now I am disturbed. That is a sick, SICK thing to write about. Just hearing about it will give me nightmares. I don't think ANYONE should read something like this, because they will be haunted by that fear and horror for the rest of their life.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybellaswan504 January 9, 2010

perfect for all teen girls 13-17

this story was sad but it teach young girls to be more aware of the environment around them.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRedhotcheerios December 12, 2009

this book is one of my favorites. It is very intense though (due to details of rape and murrder) i think it is ok for 15 year olds and up. It is a great read.
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2009

This is the best book ever!! Despite a milding disturbing rape scene and a briefly desribed s** scene.