Violent, disturbing read meant for discussion with teens.

Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2010

Poor Susie

I really want to watch the movie, it makes me sad to think that what happened to susie salmone could be happening to any one in the world at the moment.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2010

Maturity

I showed my friends the rape/dismemberment part and they thought it was really gross. Any mature tween like me will be able to handle this book and not get grossed out... Just my opinion, though!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytkn_714 May 12, 2010

for older teens, no one younger than 15

This book was good. It was kind of sad and confusing but the story came through and I understood it. At first I thought it was just about her dying but later revealed her family's coping with her death and her killer not being captured.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky April 23, 2010
this book was very sad but very good. it was one of the most different books i've ever read but i loved it. some scenes are pretty graphic ( ruth and ray making love) but it wasn't TOO gory. I loved this and i think you will too.
Teen, 16 years old Written byblackie the got... April 21, 2010
dont didnt read it
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. April 10, 2010

The first 50 pages were saddening, but the stuff that follows was an amazing story of hope!

As soon as my friend bought the book I knew I had to read it. At first I was concerned, because the movie was supposed to be a pshycological horror movie, not my type at all. The book, however, was amazing! I love how unique it was, and how it describes Susie above in heven, watching over her family and friends! Although I definetly wouldn't classify it as horror, I wouldn't read the first bit before bed, if you know what I mean. Especially emotional because I'm a 14 year old girl, just like Susie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytaymomsenfan April 6, 2010
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2010

Best Book I've Ever Read.

I was too young to read it when I did, I'll admit. But it was the single absolute best book I've ever read. While it was devastatingly horrible and terribly sad, it was so filled with hope and love and meaning... brilliant. I'd recommend it to a mature, teenage bibliophile. :)
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2010

older adults

hate it
Teen, 15 years old Written byme_person March 7, 2010

LOVE IT!

This book is most deffinately one of my favorite books. I just finished reading it yesterday even though I'm only eleven. A lot of the kids in my class also love this book since the majority of my class read it. In some parts it can get to descriptve but overall it's a really good book, and I most deffinately reccomend this book to anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhomegirl13 March 4, 2010

tweens and up

very good
Teen, 13 years old Written byVICER February 10, 2010

Next book please!

In my opinion the book was depressing half way through and when it started getting better...(I can't say the ending). I may have been to young when I read the book and maybe I just don't understand any of he moral messages. But I don't recomend the book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicoletteQuail February 2, 2010

Great for mature teens

i loved it, a must read for anyone who is mature to handle graphic/explicit scenes in this book
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn February 1, 2010
His is one of my favorite books. It is so good. Really makes you think. And cry. Only read this book if you are mature enough to handle it. Heavy stuff.
Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2010

Be Prepared - Be VERY Prepared

You might think that this book will be OK for adults (which, suitably, it is) but any age will be upset during the course of this and some will be horrified afterwatds the end of this book. It is intruiging and compelling and the best read EVER in my opinion, but I had to sleep near someone until I finished because I was in FEAR - the villian is creepy, and the book is violent, but the best part would be the overall positive message is death isn't the end - but a passage to more life. I know, it might sound corny, but it isn't. It may be upsetting, disturbing, graphic, cruel, violent and gruesome, but it is inspiring, happy (at the END!) and truly wonderful. Read it on a shiny day - a very, very shiny day.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybellaswan504 January 9, 2010

perfect for all teen girls 13-17

this story was sad but it teach young girls to be more aware of the environment around them.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRedhotcheerios December 12, 2009
this book is one of my favorites. It is very intense though (due to details of rape and murrder) i think it is ok for 15 year olds and up. It is a great read.
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2009
This is the best book ever!! Despite a milding disturbing rape scene and a briefly desribed s** scene.