All member reviews for The Lying Game

Teen, 14 years old Written byavengedsevenfold April 25, 2011

I loved this book, i'm fourteen now. Trust me, by the age of thirteen, most teenagers know a lot more than you think. This book is definitely not iffy for anyone over 16.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybelieberr September 10, 2011

Good:)

Ok, the book is really good, and because it's a *book* it should be rated lower. Books don't emotionally scar children with words or violent scenes..if it was a TV show I can see their perspective, but, because this is The Lying Game in book version, and not TV, it should be rated 12 & up...definitely
Teen, 13 years old Written byAshLovesBooks2112 August 1, 2011

Such a great book!

I love this book, I read it when I was 11, about to turn 12, and it is something I loved! Everything in here was great and I already knew everything that was going on.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI izz awsom February 16, 2011

AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=)

i loved this book and I'm 13 this should be rated lower for about... on for 12+ its really suspenseful! Emma is a great roll model because she knows which decision is the best!
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

Should Be Rated Lower...

It doesnt make sense how its rated -iffy for 14 and up. I have read many books (such as bloody jack, l8r g8r, etc.) where characters actually have "it" and the book is only rated on for 12 and up. In the review, it says that the characters only come close. I havent read the book, but judging by the reviews, it should be rated lower.
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2010

OKAY

I like the book but if a 10 year old read this NAHHH
Teen, 14 years old Written bysallysassy December 20, 2010

good for kids above the age of 13 (not good for tweens)

i havent watched it and i dont think i should the review sounds scary.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybabydoll12 November 30, 2010

love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bysofball playa foreva April 30, 2013

This is a great book! I have seen the t.v. show but i think that the show is great! parents, if you have a child under the age of 11 either read the book with them or dont let them read it! Read the second book if you haven't! It continues on!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byloveglittercasey February 15, 2013

Please Read!!!

Though there are all of the above ticked, it has a lot of value as Emma, (Sutton's twin) is forced to become her and find her murderer. She never gives up! These books have an amazing plot line, and the hooks keep coming. It's a great read and would recommend it to anyone who is skeptical.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2012

Not as bad as you might think

Even though I said this book had violence, sex, language, consumerism and drinking, drugs and alcohol, it isn't that bad of a book. Most of those things were hardly an issue. I was surprised how much the author mentioned about iPhones, Blackberrys and other name brands. I am twelve and I thought this book was an interesting teen story. Good for advanced tweens and teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysarahzazzle January 5, 2012

DA BEST BOOK EVER!

I think this book is the perfect read for almost every tween/teen. It is appropriate for 12 years old while still begin great for teens who are 14. it is written wonderfully and keeps u at the edge of ur seat! :) Ps. Idk why brand names in a book r bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTyra:) January 3, 2012

Good but a little innapropriate for immature kids

I think this book is really good. I am fourteen and, i read this book my youngger sister read this book and she is in 6th grade. So she has gone through health class and all. But mostly if you don't really like books with some innapropriate language and, some sexual content then i reccomend you maybe wait a while before reading
Teen, 13 years old Written bycatluva4eva December 26, 2011

Best book (and series) for anyone in middle school and older!!!!

I think that it's great for teens ages 12 and up but any people younger than that should probably not read it. I thought it was AMAZING!!!! but some parts were a little mature for an 11 year old. I read it when i was 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysevenstarburst November 12, 2011

A++ for teens

I LOVE THIS BOOK! It is suspenseful and good! IF you don't think your teen can handle it for some reason, read it yourself and see. (although, most teens know a lot more than you give them credit to)
Teen, 13 years old Written byjackkuhhlynn October 17, 2011

BEST BOOOK EVER!

I Thinkk Thiss Book Wass Reaalllyy Really Goood! One Of The Best Books I Have Ever Read. I Could Not Stop Out Reading The Book!
Teen, 17 years old Written byWalkinBookstore September 7, 2011

The Lying Games

I love this book it keeps the kids going and thinking it's like a crime solve mystery! I think they should watch the show every Monday at NINE!
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2011

The Lying Game- Sara Shepard

a really good book but a inappropriate for anyone under 12 or 13
Teen, 13 years old Written by889790 May 31, 2011

Good book

The Lying Game is a suspenseful book that is a guilty pleasure. Although not as good as Pretty Little Liars (Shepard's other popular series), this book is worthwhile to read. However, kids under 13 should probably not read this book, because it has iffy topics, like pot, sex, and teen drinking (but it seems like 13 year olds now days know a lot more than parents think!). Good story, overall though, and fun to read.
Teen, 14 years old Written byemkat97 April 3, 2011

What is up with ABC Family and Sara Shepard???

First Pretty Little Liars, and now they're adapting The Lying Game into a TV show? It hasn't even been out for like, 6 months yet! Jumping the shark much? The book was okay. I don't like it as much as PLL (The PLL books are totally different than the show) but this might be promising if it is adapted well.