All member reviews for The Maze Runner: Maze Runner Trilogy, Book 1

Teens are the pawns of evil adults in violent dystopia.

Teen, 13 years old Written byleggomyeggos3 November 21, 2009

Good dystopian book.

This is a really good book especially if you're a fan of dystopian books. It's about a bunch teens getting their memory wiped and sent to the glade. Then Thomas arrives and things begin to change... The book is pretty violent. The language not much the worse is how the British say a--. However but when the characters say shuck. It sounds like their version of f--k. Anyways can't wait for the next book!
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bystacidar July 27, 2011

Great Dystopian

Really great dystopian with a sci-fi edge. I'm not sure I agree with the common sense review of the book saying that it is more violent than Hunger Games. I don't recall any adults murdering the teens in the open either...
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilight-luver November 20, 2009

amazing book

i Really like this book alot of people compare it to The Hunger Games and it kind of is. it is written very well and it draws you in unknowingly until your done. i reccomend it
Teen, 13 years old Written bychanel55 January 30, 2011

book review by:chanel55

the maze runner is a really good but i have to say the second book is the best! i would highly recommend the maze runner just so you under stand the story and you can read the second book, scorch trials:) ps.if you havent read the hunger games read them!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf January 19, 2011

DO NOT COMPARE TO HUNGER GAMES

This is yet another book set in the future were kids face mortal danger every day. I know the drill. But this has an odd twist to it. Rather than the government being just idiots and killing off kids for telivision entertainment (the hunger games) or the kids dying actually being killed for the better good of the people (unwind) this book is a post apocaliptic rescue team that is being put to the ultimate test. Not overly graphic, and a great page turner!
Adult Written byVictor Diniz Rozek November 13, 2013

Maze runner

Just Read It
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatton1942 October 3, 2011

A Little Scary

An okay book but the first time i read it i got grossed out put the book down, as i was reading late at night i found it was a little hard to sleep...
Teen, 15 years old Written byPurstiltski7 March 18, 2010

Fantastic Book!

This book has burrowed itself into the top of my list of favorites! The idea is much like that of The Hunger Games, but different in that none of the people know why they are there. It is a game of mysterious survival in a world unlike our own. It is violent, with deaths of many of the boys, some going crazy and attempting murder. It is an excellent example of creating a working society out of nothing, with much excitement and action along the way. The book plays out to leave you on edge and putting the sequel in as a wish any time a genie offers you three wishes. It's easy to become attached to characters, and you feel as if the glade has become your own prison as well. In this case, I'll say that I'm happy to be in prison; it's a fabulous book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFallenFan October 25, 2011

Pretty good....

It is pretty good. Other than the weird words (shuck,shunt) it is awesome so far. Can't wait to read the rest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadqueen June 17, 2013

not at all like the hunger games

i was so excited to get this book. I loved the hunger games and was lead to believe that this was just like it. I hated this book. It started out okay, until one of the boys went insane and try to eat another boy. Then they through the insane boy into a pit of monsters to be eaten. This book was way to violent. The only reason i gave this book 2 stars is because the plot line was good, even though the execution was awful.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizzyjm16 April 10, 2011

funny! and awsome!

i havent read it my self but, im helping a boy in my english class make a movie trailor for it and it seems like a very good book. almost a little hunger games ish. one of the best parts is that to keep it"pg" they dont use reall swear words so in the trailor on boy says oh shuck it. cant be a coincedent, two days, 1 alive 1 dead. and i burst out laughing. this book has left a big impression on me and i havent read it yet!
Teen, 14 years old Written byh8rPatrol December 21, 2010
Great book, but slightly disturbing, couldn't read it at night!
Adult Written byunknown person June 2, 2011

unknownperson

The Maze Runner was spectacular. Although it may be a little violent for young readers, it is perfect for young readers. If a film was made from the book, I wouldn't be surprised.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMascar April 10, 2011

Amazing!

Ok, so it took about 50 pages for me to actually start enjoying the book, but DONT PUT IT DOWN no matter how boring the beginning is, because the middle and ending is just plain FANTASTIC! I thought about putting the book away but my friend told me that it gets better. She was totally right! This book is a book that fits into the category "100 Must reads before you die". It is that good. Can't give anything away though. I actually thought that the Hunger Games were more violent than this book though...I would say it's for ages 12+. Amazing book, but has alot of violence in it. I can't wait to see the movie!!!
Educator and Parent Written byReaders Rock April 14, 2011

Great action & suspense with a futuristic twist that will intrigue many teens!

I teach high school and my students enjoy this book, especially after reading The Hunger Games Trilogy. The story has teen role models who have similar personalities to the teens of today's world. The use of alternative slang terms are a good way for the characters to express strong feelings without having the actual curse words in them. I highly recommend the story to kids who like action, adventure, sci-fi, or suspense.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatniss March 4, 2011

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Very amazing, sounds stupid but it's not, it took like 60 pages for me to get into it but it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byelreader46 August 18, 2010
This book is a high class thriller that kept me at the edge of my seat. Filled with post apocalyptic humor it has a unique story to it. Only remarks are violence.
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2010

Amazing!

I loved the Maze Runner. It was thrilling, action packed, exciting and full of surprises. The character's are great role models, and they always try to look out for each other. The author writes so well that after reading only a page or two, you're instantly hooked! The Maze Runner was filled with cliff-hangers and surprises from begging to end! It was a great book, and I will definitely be waiting for the sequel!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhappyginger March 5, 2011

Loved it!

Loved it, I read this book in 3 days! Parents should know It's a little disturbing at times, and the characters have made up their own "language". Also, not to be read before going to bed. Still, I can't wait to read the next book.
Parent Written bybriannalaine March 23, 2014

Good For Appropriate Ages

These books were all really good, if hard to get into. I'm 19, and I for one would be horrified to find any kid/teen under age 14 reading this. In the Hunger Games, there were teens/kids killing other teens/kids, and other murders and somewhat violent deaths. But I found the books in this series to be much more disturbing than any of the Hunger Games. If it says anything, in The Death Cure people go insane and attack, kill, and eat other people. I don't understand how cannibalism and slow mental deterioration isn't worse than a few undescriptive, quick deaths. Also, they swear a lot, but in their own, made up, language.