All member reviews for The Maze Runner: Maze Runner Trilogy, Book 1

Teen, 13 years old Written byleggomyeggos3 November 21, 2009

Good dystopian book.

This is a really good book especially if you're a fan of dystopian books. It's about a bunch teens getting their memory wiped and sent to the glade. Then Thomas arrives and things begin to change... The book is pretty violent. The language not much the worse is how the British say a--. However but when the characters say shuck. It sounds like their version of f--k. Anyways can't wait for the next book!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilight-luver November 20, 2009

amazing book

i Really like this book alot of people compare it to The Hunger Games and it kind of is. it is written very well and it draws you in unknowingly until your done. i reccomend it
Teen, 13 years old Written bychanel55 January 30, 2011

book review by:chanel55

the maze runner is a really good but i have to say the second book is the best! i would highly recommend the maze runner just so you under stand the story and you can read the second book, scorch trials:) ps.if you havent read the hunger games read them!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf January 19, 2011

DO NOT COMPARE TO HUNGER GAMES

This is yet another book set in the future were kids face mortal danger every day. I know the drill. But this has an odd twist to it. Rather than the government being just idiots and killing off kids for telivision entertainment (the hunger games) or the kids dying actually being killed for the better good of the people (unwind) this book is a post apocaliptic rescue team that is being put to the ultimate test. Not overly graphic, and a great page turner!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatton1942 October 3, 2011

A Little Scary

An okay book but the first time i read it i got grossed out put the book down, as i was reading late at night i found it was a little hard to sleep...
Teen, 13 years old Written byMascar April 10, 2011

Amazing!

Ok, so it took about 50 pages for me to actually start enjoying the book, but DONT PUT IT DOWN no matter how boring the beginning is, because the middle and ending is just plain FANTASTIC! I thought about putting the book away but my friend told me that it gets better. She was totally right! This book is a book that fits into the category "100 Must reads before you die". It is that good. Can't give anything away though. I actually thought that the Hunger Games were more violent than this book though...I would say it's for ages 12+. Amazing book, but has alot of violence in it. I can't wait to see the movie!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhappyginger March 5, 2011

Loved it!

Loved it, I read this book in 3 days! Parents should know It's a little disturbing at times, and the characters have made up their own "language". Also, not to be read before going to bed. Still, I can't wait to read the next book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byh8rPatrol December 21, 2010

Great book, but slightly disturbing, couldn't read it at night!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFallenFan October 25, 2011

Pretty good....

It is pretty good. Other than the weird words (shuck,shunt) it is awesome so far. Can't wait to read the rest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byelreader46 August 18, 2010

This book is a high class thriller that kept me at the edge of my seat. Filled with post apocalyptic humor it has a unique story to it. Only remarks are violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPurstiltski7 March 18, 2010

Fantastic Book!

This book has burrowed itself into the top of my list of favorites! The idea is much like that of The Hunger Games, but different in that none of the people know why they are there. It is a game of mysterious survival in a world unlike our own. It is violent, with deaths of many of the boys, some going crazy and attempting murder. It is an excellent example of creating a working society out of nothing, with much excitement and action along the way. The book plays out to leave you on edge and putting the sequel in as a wish any time a genie offers you three wishes. It's easy to become attached to characters, and you feel as if the glade has become your own prison as well. In this case, I'll say that I'm happy to be in prison; it's a fabulous book!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizzyjm16 April 10, 2011

funny! and awsome!

i havent read it my self but, im helping a boy in my english class make a movie trailor for it and it seems like a very good book. almost a little hunger games ish. one of the best parts is that to keep it"pg" they dont use reall swear words so in the trailor on boy says oh shuck it. cant be a coincedent, two days, 1 alive 1 dead. and i burst out laughing. this book has left a big impression on me and i havent read it yet!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatniss March 4, 2011

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Very amazing, sounds stupid but it's not, it took like 60 pages for me to get into it but it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2010

Amazing!

I loved the Maze Runner. It was thrilling, action packed, exciting and full of surprises. The character's are great role models, and they always try to look out for each other. The author writes so well that after reading only a page or two, you're instantly hooked! The Maze Runner was filled with cliff-hangers and surprises from begging to end! It was a great book, and I will definitely be waiting for the sequel!
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadqueen June 17, 2013

not at all like the hunger games

i was so excited to get this book. I loved the hunger games and was lead to believe that this was just like it. I hated this book. It started out okay, until one of the boys went insane and try to eat another boy. Then they through the insane boy into a pit of monsters to be eaten. This book was way to violent. The only reason i gave this book 2 stars is because the plot line was good, even though the execution was awful.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2013

A young girls review -isiesayshi

I think this book is great it can be a bit disturbing but is really good it really just depens on what you like im into a bit of action so i liked the book!!! It has a positive message if u think about it the mssage is dont give up
Teen, 13 years old Written byNight Hawk December 23, 2011

and always, have a nice day

I beleive this is a moot book wheather it is or not for svelte readers. this book gives an bumptious yet captious story. i would sugest it to a friend
Teen, 13 years old Written bySocrates2000 December 18, 2013

The Maze Runner

I think this book is overly violent, I don't like the plot, everyone is mixed up, and it's all confusing. I might just be a typical stupid teenager, but my friend (who was also reading it, and had, in fact, suggested it to me) looked at the passage at my request and admitted that it was a little confusing. I don't really like this book. I think there were WAY too many unnecessary deaths. I thought all three in the trilogy were annoying and stupid. The PREQUEL was better, in my opinion.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMarauders November 14, 2012

Is it good?

The Maze Runner is a book where teenage boys are trapped in a maze and are forced to try to find a way out, much to the amusement of WICKED. Every thirty days a new teenager arrives in the Maze. Everything changes when a Thomas comes to the Maze.
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2011

BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!

This book was definitely one of the best books I've ever read. However, I do think there is a lot of violence. many teenagers get killed or inured by monsters. Although, many of the characters are positive role models. Over all, A GREAT BOOK!!!