All member reviews for The Miseducation of Cameron Post

Story of young Montana lesbian is best for mature teens.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhorrorchick March 23, 2012

this is the best

This is a great book! some scenes are a bit too sexual for younger teens, but 15 and up will love it. Cameron talks a lot about different songs and movies that your teens may want to watch. overall, great movie.
Parent Written byGoodParent11 February 15, 2013

STAHP OK

NOT FOR KIDS. NO
Adult Written bytobier July 12, 2015

Anyone who says the 'sex' scenesre too graphic are being ridiculously old fashioned

This is a very important, realistic book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfionaparks December 2, 2015

Great book for mature reader

This book is very good but I would not recommend to anyone 11 and under, otherwise it is a great read for mature readers!
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2013

Certified rotten

bad book
Teen, 15 years old Written bywordnerd66 June 7, 2015

fabulous, honest

Very honest, doesn't shy away from the subject and is wonderfully written. Like "But I'm a Cheerleader" but much better. Some graphic sex scenes though.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythemoonreads April 14, 2016

A Great Story

This book is truly one of the best I've read. I flew through the pages of it, reading almost 200 pages in just one day. There is some sexual content, and some language used in the book, but it's nothing I hadn't heard well before reading it. Teens hear about that kind of stuff all the time at school, I don't see the harm reading about it a little bit, while enjoying a great story, will do.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytess01 February 15, 2016

the message is more important than the content

a lot of people are saying that, because of the sex in this book, you shouldn't let your kids read it. I think that the character of the book is 12-16 throughout the story, and that's who it's aimed for. if you think that lord of the flies is appropriate for your kids, consider why you might be so desensitized to violence, but sex is some awful scandal. just think about the fact that your kids (hopefully) will never be committing murder, but they almost definitely will end up having sex in their lives. although lord of the flies may be a classic, this book is important in that it sends a message about sexuality in its portrayal of a young lesbian's experiences that i think teens really should be hearing. honestly, your kids are going to be exposed to cruder things just by being in middle school, it's not like this book taught me anything new about sex or drugs that i didnt know already. i think that anyone over 13 can and should read this book.