All teen and kid member reviews for The Name of the Star: Shades of London, Book 1

Teen, 13 years old Written byVenezia April 12, 2013

great book but suggestive material and gory scenes

First of all this an AMAZING book. I have definetely read it more than once and still oving it. The CSM summary doesn't state everything. Rory DOES talk about her past relationships and make out scenes. She also describes in depth a make out session with her BF and how she was on the floor. Another prob is violence because the prologue is a girl who is walking and texting then steps into a pool of blood with a body and describes the body. Spoiler: the body has no head and she notices when she feels for the neck to check a pulse but sees its not there. Despite the gory scenes and heavy sexual tension, the book is extremely enjoyable with a lot of plot twists. I recommend if u like mysteries!
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2014

Great Read

I am 12 years old and I am not usually into ghosts and killer books. This book was an exception. It had well set-up mystery. There is also a lot of action, but my favorite part is when Rory is at her boarding school. There are great characters and the story seems like realistic fiction. But it is defiantly not. A great read for any mature reader!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymargaret99 March 19, 2014

Great Book

This is one of my most favorite books ever. I will read it over and over again. It has a lot of action and supernatural aspects to it that I love. This is a great book for teen looking for a good book.