All member reviews for The Nixie's Song: Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles, Book 1

Spiderwick series continues with new characters.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byronitld August 9, 2010

great adventure but fraught with suspense for younger ones

Scary but amazing adventure tale that incorporated fantasy and rite-of-passage. Good role model in Mallory, the swashbuckling older sister. Divorece is an issue, as is a father who doesn't have time for his "old" family wen he has a new one. However, my son loved this series!
Teen, 13 years old Written byseansoler May 28, 2010
Educator and Parent of a 7 year old Written byOminotagoKnowsBest March 16, 2014

Bedtime Reading

This book is good for ages 7-9. It's an early chapter book series with a plot that builds fast. With only 9 chapters, it makes it suitable for short reading sessions and builds confidence in finishing books. Some language is a bit older, with words like crap and stupid, and phrases like, "it was so hot I wanted to die", but no swearing or sexual innuendos. Genre is Fantasy. Has pictures with short pages, so it is not intimidating to the younger crowd but also feels like a real chapter book. Thumbs Up for age 8.
Kid, 8 years old December 4, 2011

A great book

Just a great book. Old-fashioned setting and some surprising twists in the story. I read this at the end of first grade.
Kid, 10 years old November 11, 2009

pretty good i guess

i read this when i was like in second grade. its not like SCARY or anything, but it may be considered "scary". nicely written to me anyway.