All member reviews for The One: The Selection, Book 3

Thrilling, swoon-worthy romantic finale to popular series.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicNerd May 20, 2014

Outstanding Finale!!

Wow, this book takes the cake! This is by FAR, the best in the trilogy! More political aspects are observed, the romance is the finest it can be, characters are developed, people die, and things happen! America has matured incredibly since The Selection and The Elite, and an excellent role model, as well as Aspen and Maxon. America specifically has finally decided exactly who she wants to be and is prepared to work hard for the future she wants. We also get to go outside of the castle walls more than once-something we haven't done since the beginning of book one!- which is very refreshing and really helps bring the story together. Characters evolve and decisions are made in ways I can guarantee you could never see coming. More is learned of the rebels, and we finally get to understand what exactly is going on. The romance is top notch, no more going back and forth between beaus, which makes every scene between America and the man she chooses utterly swoon-worthy. I would like to point out that CSM is incorrect on its review; five people die, not two. There are four sad deaths, one particularly upsetting, and one death that honestly will make you giddier than a seahorse (it made me happy anyway). As for violence, lots of people get shot, we watch a maid stitch up a character's wound, we hear of mass killing sprees, fist fights, and, as I said before, there are five deaths. Sexual content is higher than the other books due to one scene in which America and *MINOR SPOILER: PROCEED WITH CAUTION* her now fiance kiss passionately in her bed and proceed to undress some (he in his underwear and she in the thing she wears under her dress) and end up sleeping together (though no sex is implied). *MINOR SPOILER IS OVER: YOU'RE ALL GOOD* Aside from that, there are some minor innuendos. Overall, The One was a FANTASTIC finale that made me feel more emotion than any other book in the trilogy; I laughed, cheered, shouted in victory, awed, and cried.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteenfangirl August 1, 2014

Maxon or Aspen

The final installment in the Selection trilogy is heartbreaking, beautiful, and exciting until the end. In the beginning of the book, the Selection is drawing to the end. There are only four girls left, and each of them really wants the crown and the Prince's affections for themselves. America Singer, the protagonist, knows she wants it too, she just doesn't know if she's ready to give up her first love and who she really wants to marry. The rebels are closing in, and this time they are aiming to kill more than ever. With all the added components of the last book, I am certain that The One is the best book out of the series and by far my favorite. 4/5 for really good
Teen, 15 years old Written byKazbycxdw July 2, 2014

Great Book

This book is very clean with the exception of the king occasionally swearing and references to the physical abuse of his son, a few characters dying, a few attack scenes in which characters get shot, and a few scenes in which characters getting close to (but not) having sex. These are minor things though compared to the overall story line about true love, tough choices, standing up for your beliefs, dealing with loss, and other important lessons. It's also a great finish to a great trilogy and is a very enjoyable read.
Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2015

OMG.......THIS BOOK IS JUST AS AWESOME AS DIVERGENT!!!!!!!(even through they are totally different story's)

If you like romance story's you will love this book!!!!!!this book is the only book in the series which has action.......the end of this book was mind blowing........there are know words for how much I loved this book.I finished this book in 1 day and OMG...I'm crying right know as I type this,and my cats are looking at me like I am a psychopath(which might be true).Even through I am totally geeky....trust me when I say IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK ....... WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR LIFE????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byrcg314 April 5, 2015

Definitely My Favorite Book!

This series is my favorite! I love every little detail, and the message and story is inspiring! I read this when I was 12, and being pretty mature it was great for me. This book is great for teens who are looking for a story with action, wit, and romance. I recommend to all girls!