All member reviews for The Pearl

Beautiful folk tale explores good and evil in human nature.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy February 13, 2013

Very enjoyable.

This is one of my favorite books.I love The Pearl.It's an awesome book.I've read better but this book is still a great book.Sure there is some violence,but it is still extremely enjoyable.I love this book so much.Buy it and read it as long as you want.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNomacop January 6, 2013

the pearl

a good story, but not outstanding, dont see why its a classic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZangoose March 11, 2013

I don't think it's worth the time.

I felt that this book focused too much on the main character having "songs" come up in his mind whenever something interesting happened and that the book had a lot of things mentioning "the gods" and whatnot. The ending is also disappointing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 August 24, 2012

The Pearl

It's such a beautiful book fulled with excellant details and wonderful characters whom the reader falls in love wih. Thank you, John Steinbeck. Spoiler: This book is really drepressing.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus January 16, 2013

Really good!

I read The Pearl for English class and I really liked it! Steinbeck is an amazing author! I love his writing style. The main characters in this book are Kino, his wife Juana, and their baby. He does an amazing job at portraying them as a loving couple and seeing how well they communicate with each other without much dialogue. The story was kind of short and I wish it would have been longer. About a year ago I tried to read The Grapes of Wrath and barely got into it. But now I'm thinking I might go back and try reading it again. Awesome classic book from a timeless author!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLibrarymouse June 4, 2015

Ennhhhhh

Just okay. I read it online, which could have been part of the problem, but I found it difficult to stay focused. It was more of a long fable than a book or story. I also didn't notice that someone had died until a few pages later. Whoops.
Adult Written byJEDI micah February 13, 2013

Not as good as Of Mice And Men, but still a great Steinbeck book!

This book has actually appealed to me! It has a nice setting, story, characters, and an easy way to read! The family try to survive when thieves try to take their precious pearl. Will they find a way off their island? Find out and read it!