Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Princess Bride

Fast-paced fun, but more intense than the movie.

Adult Written bychussie March 24, 2011

AMAZING

This book is an absolute must-read. It is by far one of my favorite books of all time- I could read it over and over again and never get bored. It's witty, heart wrenching, dramatic, entertaining, exciting, funny....In my opinion, kids can start reading it around the age of 12 or 13, any younger than that and they would need an adult with them, or if not an adult they would just be a bit too young to understand all of the themes. Truly an amazing book.
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 9, 2008

Must-read book

Parents should know that some of Mr. Goldman's commentary that is included in the book can be a bit mature at times. (He talks about divorcing his wife, and his reaction to a beautiful woman stepping out of a pool). The sequel to the book, Buttercup's Baby (which is included in some of the versions) contains a non-explicit sex scene and a difficult birth. Altogether, the story is hilarious, adventurous, romatic, and great for tweens+
Parent Written byall4him_100 December 27, 2009

its entertaining for older children with adult supervision

its is a good movie for your mature kids, around the age of ten, just make sure you watch the movie with them.

Adult Written byMVMT July 22, 2018

The Princess Bride - Novel

Even though this site indicates there is no language in the book, that is incorrect. Page 282 of ISBN 978-0-15-603521-7 has the word 'shit' and page 236 has the word damn. Page 349 has SOB.
Parent Written bybro b. April 10, 2017