All member reviews for The Quest Begins: Seekers, Book 1

Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2010

Skip It

I didn't like this book at all. Too slow, and I didn't like the plot. The four Erins have another series, Warriors. Read that instead.
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2010

Eh, Fine

It was one of those books you finish, close, and forget it. If you know as a Seekers fan, it's true, I am, but the first book to me, really stinks. I thought it was slow, boring, and awful compared to the fast-paced Warriors series. The rest of the books in this series are great, though. I also love the names of the characters. Also, I liked the messages about preserving wildlife.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLadyKitKat11 December 21, 2010

Meh...

Erm, this one was slow and wasn't going anywhere. They were okay... Erin, you wasted your time on these, you should be writing more Warriors...
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2010

Good

Good, but Warriors is better.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake August 17, 2010

To me it is better than Warriors... (Dont kill me!)

I think its mostly me and NorthernNights that actually likes this book fully. To others its confusing I suppose, but I love this book! I do actually like it more than warriors. But of course I love bears more, they DO have the names of the switching characters on the next chapter.
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2009

Great New Series other the other great Warriors Series by Erin Hunter!

I loved this book and also the other series, Warriors by Erin Hunter. I think it is a good role model because it makes me understand the world in an animals point of view better.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyan Choynake October 13, 2009

Erin Hunter Rocks!

It is a great novel
Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2009

soooo interesting I couldn't keep my nose out of it!

It takes you into the world of bears. it has some funny parts in it but I think you should read the back before you start reading it, it gives you an idea of the book I think rating the prey and frighting each other as violence is a bunch of fox dung it just bears being bears and went a bear mules a human there is a reason and a very good one.
Kid, 9 years old March 12, 2010

This sad story of how the bears left there family realy touched my soft spot.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAngel122796 January 9, 2011

Pretty good, but could never beat Warriors.

The Seekers series is pretty good, but definitely a step down from Erin Hunter's series Warriors. Despite this, I recommend you read the series, especially if you're a fan of Warriors. I agree with most of the other reviewers: The first book is slow & just ok, the rest of the series gets better. Not really what I would have expected Erin Hunter's second series to be, but still an ok read. They definitely took an environmental viewpoint in this series, with the bears constantly running into oil drills everywhere they go & Ujurak saying how all the animal species are being affected, etc. If you like Warriors or Guardians of Ga'hoole, you may like Seekers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuckyPleo June 18, 2011

If you are a mature person who isn't going to be a baby and complain that there is no action, then this book is perfect!

This book is amazing, as is the whole series. Many others say "Doesn't compare to warriors" or "way too slow" but it's not. If you are mature and dignified enough to read a book that every other sentence is not about action or peril, then you will love this book. It has great messages about nature. Kallik and Lusa are great roll models, so is Urjak, even Toklo makes hard decisions about doing what is right and doing what he was taught. This book really changed my views on many things. There are endless "book layers" as you may call it. I love this book and the series, it may "start out slow" as some say, but it's about a journey, so it's fun to track the bears on the map in the front of the book, as it is also to compare the human and bear maps. I love this book, it may not have the action of Warriors, but it has much more dignity and story, as well as the pure beauty of nature.
Kid, 10 years old October 27, 2010

The Quest Begins

In the beginning it is boring.Not all sentences make sense like in the book it said,"she went lay down" and that did not make sense to me.This book may be hard for "not-good readers".Other than that I loved the suspense and action in this book.On a scale on 1-100 I would truthfully give the book a 60.
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2009

There is definitely some violence in the Seekers series, that might be unpleasant for some children under 10, but it can be a fun thing to read, with all the excitement.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm12345511 October 7, 2009

not as good as warriors

these books arent amazing but there not bad the warriors r way better there about cats not bears and theres 21 books i love them
Teen, 15 years old Written bySWIFTER May 9, 2010

Confusing Book!

I'm not saying the book stinks but It was VERY confusing to me because there were too many characters and there were times where I had absolutely no idea what was happening.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 9, 2010

Don't be such a Bee-Brain and love this book!

Wow, this is so creative! I love it! As a blood born Alaskan of course I love this! I wouldn't have the patience to write all of it, but it is really fun to read :) There may be a few 'battles' between the bears, but nothing goury. I mean I've heard worse. Just love it.
Kid, 9 years old January 20, 2012

Love it!

A really addicting book in a really addicting series. The rest of the books in the series are better though.
Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2011

My rating applies to Erin Hunter's other series, Warriors, which I highly recommend!

Read Erin Hunter's Warriors series instead, it's much better! :-D
Kid, 9 years old August 3, 2012

cool

if there was a warriors video game it would be rated E10: blood. violence
Teen, 13 years old Written bydhcortazar February 23, 2012

awsome book for kids

it is a great book, and is awsome for kids.