All teen and kid member reviews for The Return of the King

Teen, 14 years old Written byrockndramakid@a... April 9, 2008

God, you think someone should be 12 to read this?

You've got to be insane! I read The Hobbit and LOTR when I was 7! It has been my absolute favorate series since! Seriously, how can this scare anyone? There's no graphics! If you haven't read it, YOU HAVE TO!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaesar_12219 April 9, 2008

READ THIS BEFORE WATCHING THE MOVIES!!!

I read this book in the third grade, and have read it some 5 or six times since. It is simply THE best fantasy book that has ever been written. C.S. Lewis and J.K. Rowling just lack the ingenuity or the skill to weave a tale of such depth and magic. We pass through the spectrum of human character, through greed, hate, lust, friendship, loyalty, courage, and evil, but most importantly hope. In a world that grows darker daily, with the world of men outmumbered and surrounded, the elves sundered, and the dwarves dispersed, it is the heroic tale of small people who change the world, and mercy which in the end saves it. Gandalf, alone defying the witch-king of Angmar, alone holding the gates, Eowyn, protecting the dying body of her king and father with her own life, pitted against a foe she knows is much more powerful then her, and in the foreground, Frodo, fighting against the consuming power of the ring, and Sam helping him. And the characters also are marvelously well developed: Denethor, driven mad with hopelessness from his visions in the Palantir, Gollum, torn between his lust for the ring and his promise to protect his master, and Frodo, slowly weakening under the power of the ring, supported only by Sam. This is, to put it mildly, a must-read for every single person on the face of the globe over the age of 8.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySAR April 9, 2008

I Loved It!

I first read this book when I was 9 and have read it several more times since then (I would read it more, it's just a really long book!). This is the book that began my love of the fantasy genre. It's a classic that everybody should read!
Teen, 13 years old Written byoag721 April 16, 2011

The best!

Don't be deterred that The Lord of the Rings--unlike The Hobbit--is typically found in the adult section; that is mainly based on reading level or the age of characters, not the content. I recommend LotR for 12 and up. If they have been able to understand the first two volumes, this will be a worthy reward (and please, read before you see the movies). Mainly, the only things that could be considered an issue here is the use of "ass" (only once, I think), which Pippin uses (ironically) to refer to a foolish Merry. Also, there is some love between Eowyn and Faramir and Aragorn, but there are no references to anything beyond wedding, etc. The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen in the Appendicies is also of similar nature. There is also plenty of violence, but nother gory or disgusting is depicted in detail. And I must warn you: have some tissues ready for the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRachael B. March 18, 2010

Best book EVER

A brilliant (if sad) ending to the trilogy, which is no less than what we could expect from Tolkien.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

a perfect climax!!

this is a great book in itself and also a totally perfect ending to the trilogy!!! im so glad it wasnt one of those disappointing "last books" but it was great and kept me hooked!!! tolkien of course adds more the flavor of the story by mixing the elements already there with new characters, and of course new adventures! i warn you tho, the ending is kinda bitter-sweet, but for me that only makes the book better! its a truly real story and a classic! i love it!!
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2012

WONDERFUL

I know this is sometimes not what people trying to decide will find most helpful but: BEST BOOK EVER!!! O.K. to anybody who has read the series this is my favorite book in it.To people who have'nt has a Wonderful end story, but also the most violence and suspense. I still highly recommend it.