All member reviews for The School for Good and Evil

Fractured fairy tale has plenty of twists for fantasy fans.

Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2013

Teen, 15 years old Written bymusic_mustnt October 24, 2014

it amazingggg

this is sooo coool
Adult Written byMehak Ejaz October 24, 2014

Blistering operation and exquisite enchantment

The story of the school for good and evil is a sizzling creepily weird with the words of Roald Dhal and the action of JK Rowling combined to make an amazing new series. The opening took part with Sophie in her dream a beautiful girl who dreamed to be taken away by the school master and find her way through a fairy tale filled with adventure, romance, unimaginable twists and much more. Each year the school master takes away two children from Galvandon and before long people saw the kidnapped children appearing in the books of fairy tales Jack the handsome hunk of Galvandon had found his way with an ugly giant who was before a child. Rapunzel had also found her way through the fairy tale all these children were kidnapped by the school master no one knew what and how these school existed beyond the woods but Sophie had been waiting to be kidnapped her entire life! Until her friend Agatha, the lone wolf turned the tables and things don’t go exactly as she plans. Sophie’s dream does come true of being kidnapped and being taken to the school but ends up being put in the school of evil and her ugly friend in the school of good. The teachers and even students of both schools thought that there had been a mistake that the students had been switched but they had to respect the wishes of the school master. Agatha on the other hand never wanted to be in any of the school she wanted to go back with her best friend home but Sophie had more ideas who fell in love with a prince the son of King Arthur, Tedros. She wanted to switch school with Agatha for her dream for being a princess she’d imagined to be with her prince Tedros. The bird that dropped Agatha and Sophie into a more deeper look into their hearts then there looks therefore we come to the conclusion where Agatha turned out to be the most beautiful in her school and from Sophie, she turned her true colors outside and turned into an ugly hag. The book shows that a person does not remain the same but change character traits due to extreme change and twist of events. The book was left incomplete but with a sequel the book has wrapped up billions of readers in the hands of enthusiastic adventure.
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2014

Great story but not appropriate for kids under 10

There are kissing things in the story and a person being killed. But it was a great story! When I took the test on the website, there was no things about asking if its ok to put my name up on the leaderboard. I wasn't really happy about that and so my name was on the leaderboard and everyone who went on the website could see it!
Parent Written bySHERRYMAXX August 22, 2014

My daughter liked it so much she finished it quickly!

My daughter has just turned 8 in April and is going into 3rd grade. She said it's the best story she's read so far and she pretty much has a library. I buy her just about every book she is interested in and collections since she started to read at 3 years old.
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2014

Good and Evil Book

This book is really good and I loved it. My little sister wanted to read it too, and I told her no way. It is good, but not appropriate for anyone under 10 years old though. The sequel is equally good if not better. Enjoy!
Parent Written bykschnee June 15, 2014

Daughter loved book, but Web site is another matter

My daughter loved the book, but when she went on the Web site to "take the test," there were no privacy controls, and her name and town were publicly displayed at the top of a "leader board" without any notification. Would not recommend letting your children go on this site if you are concerned about this kind of information being shared.
Educator and Parent Written byLizOhio May 21, 2014

A great book!

My 11 year old daughter found this book at a bookstore... she read it and LOVED it. As a result, I have read and love it, too. She is now reading the 2nd book in the series after this one. It makes you truly evaluate what is good and bad- beyond looks and appearances, but directly into what is in the heart. EXCELLENT read and full of vivid imagery. It is a little confusing at first... but makes sense as you are drawn into the plot line after a few chapters.
Parent Written byMomtoSensitveKiddo April 11, 2014

rocked her world

Book was intense for my 11 year old. She could think of little else - not good during testing time. She wrote pages in her diary about it and she talked non stop about it - especially the choices and actions of the characters. She was upset by it but really enjoyed reading it.
Kid, 9 years old February 11, 2014

The best book EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This book is about 2 girls who get taken to the School for Good and Evil and think they each know what schools they are going to be in, but get dropped off at the oppisite school. Tedros, one of the princes from Good helps them realize that they were in the right school all along and makes them in a war against the bad one...... This book is one of the best books EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!