All member reviews for The Seeing Stone: The Spiderwick Chronicles, Book 2

Scarier and more action-packed than the first book.

Adult Written bynadnerb April 9, 2008

Super series!

My son is now 9 and began reading the Spiderwick Chronicles when they were first published. He has now read all five. They are good independent reading for him - exciting, fantastic, about boys his own age - but much shorter than Harry Potter (which he also loves but can't read independently yet). Jared is a good character with realistic flaws. He is very angry about his parents' divorce, and he acts out at school, but he finds ways to be successful and discovers himself in the process. These books are also on tape - at least one is read by Mark Hamill, which thrilled my Star Wars fan. We listened after we read them.
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byEzri_B April 9, 2008

Only after book one

You can't jump into this book without having read the first of the series. you won't understand it clearly. Great imagry, stunning drawings. A favorite in our house.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjcchell April 20, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaesar_12219 April 9, 2008

It's all right I guess. The storytelling is decent, and the plot isn't bad, but it really doesn't break any new ground in the fantasy area. It's a good solid read, but only if there's nothing better lying around.

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Really not all that good. Kind of boring, actually.