All member reviews for The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Twilight series offshoot has heavier doses of horror.

Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2011

Perfect book for the perfect youu...12+ teen

OMG I love this book!! I love twilight sagaa x Jacob <3 lol xx I recomened it to 12+ im 12 and i think its a sutabile book, but if you hate scary things vampires, wolves. dont read it. xx
Kid, 11 years old December 26, 2010

Almost better than the twilight books!

It was really good! There is some minor kissing likes pecks on the cheek but no "making out" or anything like that so don't be concerned at all about the romance. The only bad thing is the violence like it is described how many of the vampires were killed (ripping off their heads and burning it) and also Bree explains how it feels to suck the blood out of a human and how it tastes clean and its kinda disturbing so thats why I put 10+. Let me also warn you that the ending is pretty sad. Overall an amazing book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParamoreFan09 December 5, 2010

Interesting for fans of the series, but it isn't as good as the original.

I'd much rather read about Edward and Bella than Bree and Diego. Gotta say-- this book is terribly written (stephenie meyer uses "BFFs" and "Please be my bestest bud forever?" which came across as cheesy to me.) but the story is interesting and its kind of cool to know what was going on with Victoria's (aka 'her') army during eclipse. there is some descriptive gore such as describing the sound as a woman is torn in half. so yeah that's a bit gross. It was interesting and worth reading for fans of the series, but honestly wasn't that good. And if you read eclipse, you start off bree tanner knowing that it is going to end badly. It's pretty sad.
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2012

SAD

I read this book and almost cried! It's good for twilight fans just that everyone dies for god's sake! The only thing that I didn't like much about this book is that it manipulates your feelings so you really like Diego and then they break your heart by telling you he's dead. Then a few pages later, Bree dies too. It's sad, but I like sad. I just don't like it when they manipulate my feeling to feel something I don't want to.
Adult Written byMadi1001 January 16, 2011

Great for Twilight Lovers

If you are a fan of the Twilight Saga you will not be disappointed with this book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjamalpoole January 11, 2011

great for preteens and teens

I love the book, and the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykaitlyn_cullen December 22, 2015

the short second life of Bree tanner

amazing! i coldnt put it down! you get an insite on te battle of elcipse, and understanding of the newborn army! twihards will love it ( a twihard is a fandom name for people how have read and loved twilight )
Teen, 13 years old Written byi_love_1D_and_botdf February 11, 2014

The Short Second life of bree tanner

it was great but its got vampires so thats why some little kids sholdent read it cuz it might scare them!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byYaMadBruh January 1, 2012

Read my awesome comment and you will know why you should read this book

Let me just say this book was great. Stephanie Meyers is a GREAT righter. its good book to start the twilight series. trust me when i saw the book i thought it was a bible, but if you first read this your hooked! im on breaking dawn! SO GOOD p.s read that to! all her novels tell different, wonderful, detailed stories. especially this one.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTj89 October 21, 2011

tajah review

i think this book is perfect for children older than 12 because this book has many interesting things about it
Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2011

Eclipse Novella

I really enjoyed reading the book. It's sad, but there's some violence and romance between the two main characters Bree and Diego
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 2, 2011

Better than the first two Twilight novels, but doesn't quite top Eclipse. Much darker than all of them combined.

The great thing about this novella is you don't have to read any books from the Twilight saga (well, maybe Eclipse, the book which it's spun off of) to understand it. It's a lot darker than the Twilight saga, though. The character telling the story (Bree Tanner) is a newborn vampire, so there is a lot of description about hunger for blood of victims. There is also a little sexual content (i.e. a mention of a prostitute) but not nearly as much as in the saga. In addition, the words "d-mn" and "h-ll" are frequently tossed around in this book--words that weren't used in the saga very often.
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2011

Awsome

I loved it the only things for parents to look out for is when they describe the car scene a vampire kills a woman but that is pretty much it for violence they do also mention "Pimps and hoes' But it only mentions it once (they are killed) but ya thats pretty much is it.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2011

The short reading of Bree Tanner

It was a pretty good book. I still prefer Breaking Dawn. If your more of a quick reader like me I read it one night when I couldn't sleep. It was pretty okay
Teen, 14 years old Written byTWIHARD12 April 15, 2011

Ok for older kids

I read this book when it first came out, and I thought it was ok. It's very interesting to see what the newborns went through before the "big fight". There is violence, and they ARE vampires, so there are some "vampire" scenes. (ie. blood drinking, sometimes the "head" vampire pulls apart/kills the newborns who don't "behave") and some bad language. Very sad ending, as anyone who read "Eclipse" knows. I definetely wouldn't recommend it for anyone under the age of 12, but it's an ok book.
Kid, 12 years old March 18, 2011

Yay!

This was a sad book. I was sooo sad Bree had to die. Me and my friends did the scene where Bree died (But we rearanged it to make it 3 ppl, it was hard to do that!) and i played Bree and it was awesome! For a little while i found myself rooting for the newborns then i'm like, wait, no lose!!!! Don't beat the Cullens!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2011

Awesome Book

I love this book! I don't think the violence is much of an issue compared to Eclipse. I haven't finished it yet but so far its not that violent.
Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2011

great for twilight fans

Great book read it only if you can take violence over all a good book for twilight fans. ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byCityofbonesfan019 January 11, 2011

Tragic, and violent story for dedicated fans

I did enjoy this book. It definetly was different from twilight. It told a tragic story, and very violent, but very readable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 July 23, 2010

Sad story :(

This book had some boring parts, but other parts were good! The ending was sad for Bree, but I won't say what happens! people need to read it