All member reviews for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Teen, 15 years old Written bypeacelovepantz22 December 31, 2009

perfect for anyone 11/12 or older

i love all four books it shows how strong friendship is and tough decions that girls face. if your a girl and dont like to read read this book and it will change your mind. parents dont like to admit it but girls face these issues and most likely wont want to talk to their moms but to their best friends and if you trust them to make the right descion they will.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKoOkYMoNsTa234 April 9, 2008

THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS

The book TSOTTP is very boring to my perspective. Obviously being geared to a female audience the book is about sex, makeup, first love, clothes ohh and a magic pair of pants. If you are confused so was I. I would get it at the library or borrow it from someone like I did since it isn't completely boring.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTeen Writer December 12, 2010

Good for teens but not for anyone younger

This is a nice book for teenagers, but not really for anyone else. This is the first of a four-book series, and this one is the best of the four. It has a lot of positivities regarding friendship. However, I was younger when I read it and was greatly affected by some of the sexual content. Plus, being that it is a book about teens, the language is not the greatest and one of the girls is a big rebel. Then again, the other three girls are nice role models, although one is a flirt. Lena is my favorite and I think she makes the best role model. It's more of a pleasure novel than something educational.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2010

I think that that was a great book! A bit hard to get into at first, but once you have it's really good!! I think that all of the girls are good role models except for Bridget. Bridget isn't a very good role model. She does anything just to get what she wants, like with Eric, after he repeatedly told her she was too young. She also goes out to a nightclub, and tries to win over Eric there. I don't think that's good at all, especially since she's only fifteen, and she's trying to get Eric, who's nineteen. I think that Lena is a good role model, because she realises she made a mistake, and goes to fix it. Though, overall, it's a great book! (Oh, by the way, none of the characters go over kissing, that's it)
Teen, 14 years old Written bypotato April 9, 2008

sweet...

This is a really good book. It has too much sexuality in it, but that doesn't take too much away from the book itself. For example, Bridget is a fifteen-year-old girl who has sex with a college student, who is a coach at her soccer camp. However, it is a great girl book about friendship. No matter what hardships and troubles that any of the girls go through, they can always rely on their friends to help them through it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviebooklover February 12, 2012

MY FAVORITE SERIES EVER!!!!!!!

this series is my favorite in the world!! it is amazing!!! it has a little sex, but you can get over it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMillyMolly June 13, 2010

nice

This book is good for mature teens and over. I read this at the age 13 and I really did enjoy it. I thought it was boring in the beginning then i really got intersted in it! Very nice book. Shows that you can still have a friendship even though being far apart from your friends
Teen, 17 years old Written byirishsmilin99@m... April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byopalescent April 14, 2015

Awesome book!

Hilarious book. A refreshing summer read. I started to read this book one day and finished it in the next two days. A bit too much about sex; but if you think this is bad, don't let your kids read the other books unless they're mature enough. I quickly became absorbed in the entire series. No one in this book has sex, though Bridget thinks about it. At one point Bridget goes to a party with drugs. Carmen has terrible self-confidence. Lena is introverted and will not admit to the guy she likes that she loves him, once she realizes she actually does (before that she just couldn't stand him). Tibby has a negative attitude but some teens will relate. In all this is a wonderfully-written book about friendship, summer adventures, and...well, traveling pants.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 October 15, 2014

Love! Love! Love!

I loved this book and all of the characters in it. The friendship is very strong and the girls in it are interesting. One girl DOES try to throw herself at a college guy, though she's only 15 and is lusting over him for a long time, practically stalking him. But otherwise, this book is mostly clean and isn't very sexual.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnaLaura August 27, 2013

Its an amazing book which taught me so much about life and friendship

This book has been one of my favorites since I was in 5th grade. Some parents may not agree on some parts of it, yes there is some rebellion some "bad language" or whatever you want to call it and there is some romance between some of the characters. But that is just how life is, your kid is not going to live a perfect life. And to succeed and live and grow stronger you first have to break some rules, have some fun, commit some mistakes. And those mistakes will be the ones to lead you forward, to help you grow and learn. Yes Bridget might not be the best "role model" but she is a real person and that is what I love about her. She likes to have fun and to break some rules, and I can tell you, all teenagers will do as well. It is fun to brake some rules and to have fun, but there are consequences to our actions and that is what her character shows, Bridget, she deals with consequences and learns from her mistakes. This book shows you what real friendship is, how a good friend is always there for you. And we all know that teenagers dont like going to their mom or dad for help and to talk. They always look for their friends, and if you chose the right ones and it can save you. They are always there through the good and the bad times, a friend to laugh with and a shoulder to cry on. Lena, Bridget, Tibby and Carmen taught me this. Thanks Ann Brashares.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2012

Great Novel

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is probably my favorite book. The girls are good role models for the most part, but at times can be not the best. It is good for 11 or 12 year olds and up, but you need to be old enough to understand what the book is really about. Overall, I really loved this book and I would recommend it for preteens and teens.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 October 16, 2012

Entertaining story of friendship

This is a pretty good book. The four girls in the book (Carmen, Lena, Bridget, and Tibby) have good friendships and support each other. This is probably okay for 12+ Violence: A boy is falsely accused of rape (nothing graphic is mentioned). A character dies. Sex: Some kissing. A girl goes skinnydipping. One girl constantly throws herself at an older guy and is implied to have sex with him (you don't actually read it). Language: "H*ll", a few uses of "s-t", some religious exclamations. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: Teenage girls sneak into a bar, but they don't drink anything.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybegrass October 4, 2012

Couldn't recommend it more!

I think this is a very special book and movie. The girls are all different but still are best friends and equally contributing to each others' lives. This is a great story for every child, but probably only 10+ will be interested, and at about 12 or 13 this story is a must. Lena and her boyfriend show an ideal relationship, and also include how the quietest people have a story of their own. Bridget teaches the viewers or readers to be happy and also is very focused on being fit and healthy. Although she is the pretty blond who gets all the guys, maybe not such a good stereotype. Tibby is always negative but learns from a friend who is ill to appreciate life and enjoy while you have it. And Carmen deals with her father finding a new family and feels ashamed of herself, but throughout the book becomes accepting of her dad's new life and her figure as well. One of my favourite movies, full of laughs, love and sadness. It deals with everything and all emotions. I couldn't recommend it more. Heart-warming and lovely. one more thing; the girls don't focus on being beautiful and have very conservative clothing. Sorry this is so long!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJen DuBay April 21, 2012

awesome

this is the most awesome book i have ever read (and i don't read books that dont apeal to me by the 3rd page;)
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2012

The Best Book Ever

this is a great book for kids my age 12 years old because it talks about how everything and everyone are different.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySierraSK December 12, 2011

GREAT BOOK!!!

This is a good girly book for girly girls to read. It talks about friend relationships and has a positive outlook on a teenage life along with daily struggles and stresses for teenagers!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypinkpixi September 19, 2011

Great!

This book shows the great bond between four high school girls that love and support each other. The book is an easy read, and the pages just fly by. I highly recommend it to any girl that is looking for a fun, entertaining book to read.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2011

Fave book!!!!

I have read this book at least four times, and I still feel happy while reading it. There is some iffy material but its a great book with positive messages.