Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Sisters Grimm Series

Fascinating fractured fairy tales grow darker, tenser.

Adult Written byLisa J August 12, 2019

Reader Discretion Is Advised

Pros
.Michel Buckley's character twists were endearing and cleverly done.

,The characters have brilliant development, (Especially Mr. Canis-if you asked me personally.)

.The humor, let me just say was Charming!!

.The story-lines and plots, were well thought out, and engaging. The series was certainly full of surprises.

Cons
.There is a lot of emphasis on flirting, and romantic attraction. That is to be expected for a book about Fairy Tales-the problem was it had Goldilocks kissing Henry Grimm her former lover-who was married and there was talk of what you call a women who cheats on her man. They also have two characters who act as a romantic attraction magnet-Morgan La Flay, and Jake Grimm, who again, flirted with characters he didn't love. That was stretching the line to much for me. Oh, and Henry Grimm was said to ''have a great taste in woman.'' All of that, I felt was too adult, and gives children ideas they don't need in their heads.

.There is a lot of violence, and even a few gruesome scenes. Some children might not be able to handle that.

.Finally because some characters who were good, were bad, or some characters who were bad were good, the idea of right and wrong is twisted.

My Opinion
If your looking for a book that acts as a moral compass this is not your book, In ways of Christian morals, it offers almost nothing. Thus I feel kids younger then 15 shouldn't read them.

Overall
Over all this was a series that offered some entertainment that was perhaps too dark, and offered little morals. It was a series, that

Why Four Stars?
I planned to give this 1 and a half stars, because for me, a lack of morals, and overload of dirty romance, violence, and a warped view of right or wrong, was just too corrupt. But because the series was well written I gave it three stars.
Again, you should decide what you think, and what you feel your child can handle.

Parent Written byMomma Reads March 25, 2014

Sisters Grimm, Best Series Ever

This series is the best. Not just for my kids, but I enjoyed it as well! The characters are very well built, and lots of family love. Best series ever!

Educational Value