All member reviews for The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book 2

Percy is back! And on a quest with Roman demigods.

Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2012

Good book

This is a good book a bit of violence but not to much
Teen, 14 years old Written byvivihartz99 November 30, 2011

awesome book

i loved it sooooo much! just as i thought it would be! suspense, humor, and action. it was the best book in the whole wide world. it is so great it makes me sound like a little kid!<3
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2011

AWESOME!

I think this book is as successful as any other book by riordan. It is both funny and exciting. Just what i had hoped for!
Teen, 13 years old Written by291643853 March 2, 2012

Leave It

Hated it do not read it
Teen, 13 years old Written byAqua Kaiba December 9, 2012

Great

It's good but the fighting might not be suitible for young children. but the dating may give kids idea good book for kids with ADHD Percy is a good role model for older kids and teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 December 15, 2011

I missed you Percy!

I LOVE all the Rick Riordan books, but I continually notice that very young girls are paired with very old guys: Sadie and Walt (13 and 16), Sadie and Anubis (HE'S 5000 YEARS OLD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!), and Hazel and Frank, the latter of whom is sixteen. But I also think that girls are a lot more mature than boys, and with two 13 year olds, the girl would be much more mature. But still, I do find it a tad weird. I don't think it's a bad thing though, just wanted to make an observation.
Teen, 15 years old Written by16amanrique May 21, 2014

Son Of Neptune:

This book takes place in many places throughout western America and Canada. It also has many different time zones ranging from modern day to the 1970s. In this book it follows Percy who has lost all his memories except the names of his girlfriend Annabeth, Hazel a teenage daughter of Pluto out off her time, and Frank a big unclaimed demigod with a secret. The trio are tasked with the quest that will either save or destroy everything they know and love depending on if they complete it or fail, they have to save Thanatos, the hand of death. If he isn't freed then monsters will never die. He is guarded by a formidable enemy of ancient power. While they do this the roman camp has to fight their own battle at home against a army of monsters led by an immortal enemy. If you have any interest in mythology or even action/adventure in general, this is the book for you. Full of action, cliffhangers, sorrow, and even love in a few places. I recommend this book to anyone wanting a good read. -Austin Manrique
Parent Written byarshdeepb May 1, 2015

Best Book Ever

This book is a great read. The author himself started the Percy Jackson series for his son
Adult Written byDemi-god _6 July 24, 2012

Out standing!

This sequel is more compelling than the first, I can't put in words how great it is.
Kid, 11 years old September 19, 2014

great!!!

Buy it now, it is so epic!!!!!!Educational for learning about Greek and Roman Mythology
Teen, 13 years old Written byhellohi1 March 2, 2012

Great Book!

Just like the first book, and the Percy Jackson series, the products aren't advertized, just used for humor. I hate the cliff hanger, and not just because I hate cliff-hangers in general, but I really wanted that part to have a lot of detail, and I know he's going to skip over that part to start the next book. There is a little violence, but not much. I'm thrilled that Percy's back, but some of the jokes don't sound like him.
Kid, 12 years old February 19, 2012

The Son of Neptune Review

Kid, 9 years old October 20, 2011

The Son Of Neptune

I think this book is really great for kids that have read the former percy jackson series-(including the lost hero)-it is so good i read it twice today! not necessarily meant for under nines because it contains a bit of violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypjmm October 19, 2011

Perfect

Kid, 9 years old July 8, 2014

OMG,you HAVE to try this!!!!!!!!!

With his immature funniness, yet witty writing skills, you will be HOOKED on this guy and his The Son of Neptune.SPOILER ALERT!:Percy Jackson, Hazel, and Frank, the demigod heroes, will blow your mind.
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2012

Stupid Website.

Best. Book. Ever. Shut up, common sense media!!! This was never slow, or dull!!!
Adult Written byhm200524 April 28, 2016

Book Review

The son of Neptune Fiction Book Author Rick Riodan The main Character in the story the son of Neptune is Percy he is the one that they send to kill the Gorgons. No matter how many times he kill them they kept on coming back every 20 min they had their full power ready to kill him but at the same time the Gorgons can't hurt him either there claws can't go into his skin.The theme of the story is bravery because in the whole story it is mostly about Percy overcoming his fear and trying to keep his team alive.The main character is Percy but some other main characters are Hazel,Annabeth,Leo,and Janson.What the characters learned was to take care of each other and cover for each other weakness.The main character Percy alway was there with his team he didn't lose faith even though everything seem lost.Some obstacles he had to pass where getting away from the Gorgons they were getting on Percy last nerves but finally when everything seem lost he killed or got away from the Gorgons.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJulmer12 March 29, 2016

Very intriguing

This keeps you at the end of your seat wanting to keep reading more and more. Riordan does a great job at making the plot interesting and even having a good plot to keep readers pulled in.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjl246670 March 1, 2016

Pepe

Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerbeastykid87921 February 27, 2016

Percy Jackson: The Lost Hero

Julio Aquino period 0 Ms. Cain ELA Percy Jackson: The Lost Hero The story was about three kids on a quest trying to figure out what is going on with Jason’s memory. The main characters were Piper, Leo, and Jason, they were sent on a quest to save Hera from being drained and stop Porphyrion being fully restored back to life. I can relate someone to this story is my friend Mauro to jason because both of them have confidence in themselves and are brave at the same time. Yes, i have done something similar that the characters have and that is when jason found a coin in his pocket and that turned into a sword. As for me i keep putting on my clothes and finding money in them all the time. I did like the book because it had a lot of action and violence and suspense that kept making me asking questions. My favorite part is when the trio fought against Gaea’s giants because it included violence. My favorite character was Leo because he had a tool pouch where he could take out anything he wants and anytime he wants to. I WISH I COULD DO THAT!!! There was no least favorite part because i liked it all.. I would like to change the character Jason to me because i would play a better Jason than him. I would recommend this book to someone and that type of someone is a person who like violence, suspense, and action.