All member reviews for The Son of Neptune: The Heroes of Olympus, Book 2

Leave It

Hated it do not read it
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 December 15, 2011

I missed you Percy!

I LOVE all the Rick Riordan books, but I continually notice that very young girls are paired with very old guys: Sadie and Walt (13 and 16), Sadie and Anubis (HE'S 5000 YEARS OLD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!), and Hazel and Frank, the latter of whom is sixteen. But I also think that girls are a lot more mature than boys, and with two 13 year olds, the girl would be much more mature. But still, I do find it a tad weird. I don't think it's a bad thing though, just wanted to make an observation.
Teen, 14 years old Written byvivihartz99 November 30, 2011

awesome book

i loved it sooooo much! just as i thought it would be! suspense, humor, and action. it was the best book in the whole wide world. it is so great it makes me sound like a little kid!<3
Kid, 9 years old October 20, 2011

The Son Of Neptune

I think this book is really great for kids that have read the former percy jackson series-(including the lost hero)-it is so good i read it twice today! not necessarily meant for under nines because it contains a bit of violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypjmm October 19, 2011

Perfect

Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2011

AWESOME!

I think this book is as successful as any other book by riordan. It is both funny and exciting. Just what i had hoped for!
Kid, 11 years old September 19, 2014

great!!!

Buy it now, it is so epic!!!!!!Educational for learning about Greek and Roman Mythology
Kid, 9 years old July 8, 2014

OMG,you HAVE to try this!!!!!!!!!

With his immature funniness, yet witty writing skills, you will be HOOKED on this guy and his The Son of Neptune.SPOILER ALERT!:Percy Jackson, Hazel, and Frank, the demigod heroes, will blow your mind.
Teen, 15 years old Written by16amanrique May 21, 2014

Son Of Neptune:

This book takes place in many places throughout western America and Canada. It also has many different time zones ranging from modern day to the 1970s. In this book it follows Percy who has lost all his memories except the names of his girlfriend Annabeth, Hazel a teenage daughter of Pluto out off her time, and Frank a big unclaimed demigod with a secret. The trio are tasked with the quest that will either save or destroy everything they know and love depending on if they complete it or fail, they have to save Thanatos, the hand of death. If he isn't freed then monsters will never die. He is guarded by a formidable enemy of ancient power. While they do this the roman camp has to fight their own battle at home against a army of monsters led by an immortal enemy. If you have any interest in mythology or even action/adventure in general, this is the book for you. Full of action, cliffhangers, sorrow, and even love in a few places. I recommend this book to anyone wanting a good read. -Austin Manrique
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2014

the best book EVER

this book was one of my favorite books of the Heros of Olympus series. i enjoyed everything that i read i really liked the part when he got the message from Annabeth. at the end of the book and every other page before also.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymickly21366 April 22, 2013

Amazing

it was amazing you will love it i have read the mark of Athena already and your in for some amazing surprises.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAqua Kaiba December 9, 2012

Great

It's good but the fighting might not be suitible for young children. but the dating may give kids idea good book for kids with ADHD Percy is a good role model for older kids and teens
Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2012

Will Keep you Flipping 'Till the End

I thoroughly enjoyed the banging return of our favorite hero, Percy Jackson. I was absolutely mesmerized by Hazel and Frank's terrifyingly wonderful back stories and enjoyed their contribution to the story, though, sometimes I found myself frantically flipping pages wondering when Percy would return. It was interesting to read Percy's chapters from 3rd person and I loved reading about the fact that the only thing he could remember was Annabeth's name...It touched my heart:*)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 October 7, 2012

Love this book!

This book was amazing! I loved having Percy back, and was relieved that he remembered Annabeth, since I'm a really big romantic. The whole story was awesome, can't wait to get The Mark Of Athena in a couple days!
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2012

great book

another great story from rick. just one line where one of the characters friend's think that he wants to see her 'in the baths' (naked) but they missunderstood him. some dark themes though and violence.
Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2012

the best Percy Jackson ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this books really good I preferred Jason from the first book to Percy but Frank and Hazel are really good charecters. the books got a really good storyline, good description and is amazingly well written. I love the way the Lost hero and the son of Neptune are connected and cannot wait for the third one in the series. I really dont think there's alot of violence atall.overall one of the best books ever read.
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2012

Stupid Website.

Best. Book. Ever. Shut up, common sense media!!! This was never slow, or dull!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2012

Good book

This is a good book a bit of violence but not to much
Teen, 13 years old Written byhellohi1 March 2, 2012

Great Book!

Just like the first book, and the Percy Jackson series, the products aren't advertized, just used for humor. I hate the cliff hanger, and not just because I hate cliff-hangers in general, but I really wanted that part to have a lot of detail, and I know he's going to skip over that part to start the next book. There is a little violence, but not much. I'm thrilled that Percy's back, but some of the jokes don't sound like him.
Kid, 12 years old February 19, 2012