All member reviews for The Tale of Peter Rabbit

Beatrix Potter's first and one of her best.

A Wonderful Classic!

If you're reading this review, I have absolutley NO idea what you're doing. This book as absolutley nothing bad in it, and is a wonderful classic for all ages! (P.S. If you are reading a parental review for Peter Rabbit, you need to lighten up!)
Kid, 1 years old April 19, 2009
Kid, 10 years old April 13, 2009

A classic bed-time story

A nice book though there a little violence in it. Otherwise, a perfect,classic book to read before going to bed at night.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 24, 2012

tale peter rabbit

he is quite frightened. Peter Rabbit misses dessert and learns his lesson, yet the tone is not didactic, and his mother is caring. Families can talk about exploring and getting into trouble. Where can you explore safely and where do your parents say you must not go? Do you think Peter learned his lesson after he went into the garden?
Parent Written byJ's mommy October 17, 2011

Very little to no positive messages.

Not sure how I feel about this story reading to my 5year old as an adult. There is a part that mentions Benjamin Bunny "Married his cousin". As I read that part to my daughter, she asked I re read it to her, then said "oh my god, he married his cousin". Then there was another part where Mr. Mcgreoger talks about cutting the bunnies heads off, and skinning them for a coat.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bySuzuki Mom March 4, 2010

Inspired from Nature

The rest of the series gets even better... My then 10 year old always inspired to draw the simplest things and little animals of of nature just like Beatrix did. The watercolors too... If you can find the BBC Peter Rabbit series, the one with the beautiful (!) song by I think, Miriam - somebody... What a treasure!!!!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byrfm561 November 11, 2008

Not appropriate for children

Although I personally love this story, I also think that it is too violent and is therefore innapropriate for children. After reading this story to my child, he had terrible nightmares about getting chopped with a garden tool. I would recommend this to a fearless child. Unfortunatly, there is no such thing. Do not read this to your child.
Adult Written bySpiff April 9, 2008

Wonderful classic for all ages!