All member reviews for The Teacher's Funeral: A Comedy in Three Parts

Teen, 13 years old Written byFerrari43023 April 29, 2013

Best Book Ever!

This is a GREAT book! This book is especially good because it is focused on a time period that is very unique. It is a great opportunity to learn about the turn of the 20th century as well as how kids and the education system behaved. I would recommend this to everyone and say that it is the perfect balance of humor, wittiness and education.
Teen, 15 years old Written byally78940 April 9, 2008

i hated it

i hated it. it used country language that i did not understand.
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2010

Worst book I've ever read.

AWFUL. Honestly the worst book I've ever read. This isn't a comedy. Before anyone says 'oh well you're kid you hate anything that's "Humor" isn't loud, obnoxious, and crude'. No. I have read and enjoyed comedies well beyond books I should even know about, including Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. There are literally no jokes. not even things that could be skewed as jokes. No dry wit. No sarcasm. Nothing even remotely funny is in this book.also, the main character, while also an unreliable narrator, is a compete dewsh (censors defeated!). At one point near the end of the book he even complains (and and this is almost word for word) that he's 'gonna have to make something of himself' rather than work at thresher in the Dakotas ( which one? who knows!?). The only character I find even remotely 3 dimensional is Tansy, if only because she has to deal with the main character (who if not for the occasional mention might as well not have a name.). Really, avoid this book, I doesn't do any honor to my home state nor the early 19 hundreds.
Teen, 14 years old Written byquitecutexx93 November 17, 2008

it was amazingly HORRIBLE!

this book was one of the worst books i have ever read in my entire life. I have no idea why they call it a comedy because it was not funny whatsoever i din't even understand the storyline because it was so dumb... it had alot of bad grammar too wich made it really really hard to read. I dont reccomend this book to annyone because it was so dumb and borning.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywitwit February 4, 2010

i didnt like it at all too much country talk i will never read a book like that again

It was very good.

The Teachers Funeral The Teacher’s Funeral is a very good book! I liked it becaus it is funny and it tells a good story. Richard Peck tells his stories very well. They are easy to read and fun to read. I think it is great book for my age group.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrosegurl772 April 9, 2008

WORST BOOK EVER!!!!

WORST BOOK I EVER READ!! WE WERE REQUIRED TO READ IT AT SCHOOL AND 23 OUT OF 24 KIDS HATED IT!! INCLUDING ME! DO NOT READ! WARNING: DO NOT READ

BORING

I couldn't read this book without falling asleep. It's not funny! It's not a good read! WAY to country like! WAY to BORING!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written by fatcat18 December 13, 2011

best book ever

my teacher read it to us and it was great

Teen, 14 years old Written byemares April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bybvchick3021 April 9, 2008

this was a horrible book

I advise anyone who was planning on reading this book that is not a good book it bored me to death! I only read it because I had too! This would be a good book for you if you are looking for a book with a lot of dry humor. I strongly advise you not to read this book!