All member reviews for The View From Saturday

one of the best books i ever read!

i read this book for reading olympics when i was 10 and now almost 12 i still love this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypielover98 December 30, 2010

i think that this book was really bad and i hated it i dont recocmend it it is to confusing also there is some drugs and some bad words really not the book for a child
Teen, 14 years old Written byadailiec March 31, 2009

Not that great... AT ALL

i didnt like the book wat-so-ever It wuz really boring and it was all about 4 random kids who get together to do plain old boring stuff. I think the book wuz WAYYYYYYYY BORING!!!!!!! Shakespere did way better than that!!! TADA... that is final
Teen, 13 years old Written byVeeda May 26, 2011

Gotta think

I read it in 5th grade and I thought it was good, though I didn't understand most parts. You need a bit of brain to understand and fully enjoy it but nontheless I really liked it. You just need to think and then you'll get it. There are bad words and references to drugs but I think the drugs the dog treats had were different so it might now count.
Teen, 13 years old Written byReverie Rose April 12, 2010

BORING!!!

In my opinion, it was extremely boring. When the author was talking about each character's life and how they knew what that word meant, I had to read it over and over and OVER again. It got extremely confusing at those parts. They also said the true words for female dog and donkey and that is bad language. Also, one of the kids attempted to give drugs to a dog! ANIMAL ABUSE!!! And they're drugging the dog because they're dog couldn't get in? A bit desperate if you ask me. That person also stole the drugs from his mom, who is a vet. Stealing, bad language, drugs, and animal abuse. It was so boring that when I attempted to read it, the first 5 minutes I fell asleep and I couldn't finish it.

Excellenttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The book The View from Saturday is a GREAT book!!!!!!! It have different sides,to explain characters.But the author explains it deeply.The author goes back and forth,but you still get it.So that is why this book the View from Saturday is a great book.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2014

Great for Gifted Kids

I'm a gifted learner and I loved this book; all of the characters are gifted according to my English teacher. It's laced with great messages, the plot is interesting, and it's a nice quick read for those who are already focused on a series, e.g., Percy Jackson and the Olympians and/or Harry Potter. The book is nice and down-to-earth, though some of the characters are eerily stereotypical. I wouldn't recommend it for kids who have trouble switching between different POVs, however. If you can switch between four first-person narrators plus an omniscient third-person narrator, then I highly recommend this book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBribry July 28, 2013

Confusing

Children With exceptional comprehension Would love this Book. . The beginning of the book is a little confusing . It gets a little bit easier to understand what's going on as You get that end of the Book. Other than that it's okay but
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2012

horrible book view from saturday

I did not like it it was too slow! [:
Teen, 13 years old Written byturdinator October 12, 2010

not my favorite.

Too boring to read. Too plain and too down to earth.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2010

This is th most boring book i've ever read i had to read its so thats why i did.
Kid, 9 years old December 13, 2009

hmm

references to puberty alot but good book
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2009

parents i would not give your child the book at the age 11 its to many words and it does not have a protagonist or an antagonist.
Kid, 9 years old March 10, 2009

I really liked it

It was confusing at first but at the end it all connected together.
Teen, 14 years old Written byallstarangel1 December 16, 2008

i was seirious

i think this book is great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

A wonderful book

I do like the book A view from Saturday.I liked it because of the characters and events in the story.What I didn't like is when Hamilton Knapp put the drugs in Gingers dog treats.Also,when he wrote crippled on the classroom chalkboard.Hamilton is smart but is ignorate and is a troublemaker.I'd reccomend this book with my friends that like books with a little bit of reality in the middle.This is interesting and a little funny.That is what I like the book A view from Saturday.

A awsome book

I really like this book it is really nice and sad and also funny and i enjoyed it.It was funny because when Mr.s Olinski wrote paraplegic Ham eraesed it and wrote cripple.

VERY CREATIVE

What I recamend for this story is I think it is really exiting. Also, that It might have strong lauguges but it is still a very good book. This book has all their perosnalities and their traits. Finally, I think this should be for people 9 and mabye over.

This book is so wonderful! My 6th grade language class read this book. It complexity and flashbacks makes this book interesting. It is a great book about treating eachother nicely and teaches that it is okay to be different.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWildChild30793 April 9, 2008

Fabulous thing book is absolutley wonderful!