All member reviews for The White Mountains

Appealing plot, powerful writing offset slow pace.

Kid, 11 years old December 15, 2010

Very good for anybody

Well at first i thought this book was judging its cover! This book is very fun to read, and i joust kept going and going until i got to the end!
Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2014

Clever SI-FI

I think this book is great. There is hardly any violence but it is still exciting. The story also makes you imagine more about about a world controlled by alien's. The message is never believe what your told always think about things.
Parent of a 2, 8, 10, 11, and 14 year old Written byNothingofwater March 31, 2013

Great adventure read!

I loved it as a kid, and I love as a parent. Has a lot of the simplistic feeling as 'The Giver', but without all the weighty moralizing. Straightforward plot, with clear progression toward a goal make this an easy read. The book is some forty years old, so the prose is clean, focusing on the story rather than trying to be 'edgy' or 'gritty' like so much more recent books.
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2010
I really enjoyed it. It was a book that can be passed down through the families, it has through ours!

A must read book for all ages

This book is a great book about a little romance and great adventure. All kids from 10 to 190 will love this book. A tripods triligy is a great trilogy