All member reviews for The Wind in the Willows

Teen, 15 years old Written bysjl7 July 21, 2010

Adorable:)

I loved this book. Yes it's kinda for little kids, but then again, not really. There's some words from the early 1900's, the era of this book, that might be confusing to some younger kids. Although, they do have footnotes on the pages that have those different words. Older kids should read this too. Its adventorous, silly, and quite adorable. I enjoyed it all the way through.
Kid, 8 years old February 5, 2013

Wind in the Willows Review by 8 year old

I liked this book. My favorite parts were 1) the attack, 2) mole making the boat capsize, and 3) toad trying to get his house back but he has to duck because one of the soldiers fires a gun at him.
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2013

Light-hearted but occasionally boring tale with old language

I only gave it a pause for 11 because the language used is old and most kids today won't understand half of it. There are fights and a weird, though not too unsettling, scene with a goat thing. A warning: they never do make it to beyond the woods. Also, they brew ale. The worst thing is the scene with the sea-rat: What a bore!
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2010

Very good book
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2011

Everyone enjoys a classic.

The book Wind in the Willows is very unique. It somehow ties together wood animals, humans and motor cars into the one story and pulls it off. This story is full of mischievious mayhem and friendships that are driven through the worst of times. It is quite a cute story for everyone to enjoy.
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2011

book review of wind in the willows

Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2010

Hilarious with a tiny bit of violence

I loved this book! I read it in 2 days because I couldn't put it down! I am 12 years old and it was a little kiddish but I still loved it! I think you need to know about the tiny bit and not very bad violence. There is hitting with clubs and guns but not too much. I would still strongly suggest this amazing, breath-taking book!
Teen, 14 years old Written byavidcritc November 26, 2008

BORING

normally i have scathing opinions of people who just call a book boring and leave it at that. but this book- honestly, it's charming and dull and generally everything adults wish their kids would love to read. two thumbs way, way down.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2012

I loved it! Great classic!

I loved this book. Sometimes it is great to let go of everything in the modern world and drop yourself into a timeless classic, such as The Wind in the Willows. Highly entertaining and very easily connected to the world we are in. I applaud the book for giving me a challenge in vocabulary, as usually i do not find myself stumbling across words i do not know the meaning of. One of my favorite classics, all in all.
Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2009

Perfect for kids approaching teenage

This book is perfect!