All member reviews for The Year My Sister Got Lucky

Teen, 14 years old Written byOGORMAN May 21, 2010

Good for girls with sisters just a few years younger than themselves.

Michaela has sex with her boyfriend, and Katie later finds out after reading her sister's email. There are very mild uses of cussing, but otherwise it should be fine. An older women and some teens smoke cigarettes fairly consistently. The strength of the sisters' bond is tested by many different things that happen in the book. I would especially recommend this story to those girls who have an older or younger sister within a few years of their own age.
Teen, 15 years old Written byxchocolate3 March 31, 2011

Perfect for 11 or more years old.

I loved this book!!! :D
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatherineLovesJake August 12, 2010

GREAT book

love it! sex isnt anything anyone older than 10 or 11 doesnt know about! when i was 10, i was mildly curious about the subject,and because my parents didnt want to talk about it, i turned to books. and now, at age 13, im not a virgin, and im very grateful to all the books i read about it in. these kind of books really help ppl understand that sex isnt bad, it just isnt wise to do while youre young. and she used a condom and was on birth control,and shes 17,so she made smart descisions. great role models, great book. - Katherine
Teen, 14 years old Written bylovesyoubookies February 19, 2012

Love it

Great book it isnt too inapropriet but is jucy enought to keep you reading
Teen, 15 years old Written byrayg February 5, 2012

Sister LOVE

Great overall story and its really relatble if you have sisters. Helped me relise what a good relationshp i had with my sister. Also is fun and exiting and gines anather great point of view. You should really read it if havnt alredy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmcgurren December 31, 2009

Favorite Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this book so much, it is my favorite book of all time!
Teen, 15 years old Written byStephanne114 November 2, 2009

I think its good for teens and older. No less though.

It was good, but it should have been a little more interesting, it was interesting just not enough for me to constantly keep turning the pages everyday.