Uplifting true story adapted for younger readers.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bykananbengali January 24, 2011
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2009
I really love this book, but may be scary.
Parent Written bydeborahs3 February 3, 2016

Unfortunately, it's fiction

I think it's unfortunate that the author, who had a good idea, decided to deceive readers into thinking the events of the book actually happened. This is a shameful hoax. And very profitable to Mortensen. Parents should inform their children that this book is a fiction - and worse, a sham. "Mortenson has been criticized by writers such as Peter Hessler and Jon Krakauer for financial mismanagement of his charity, for 'dodging accountability' and for writing a book Krakauer described as 'riddled with lies.'
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2010

Brilliant!

It was an AMAZING book. It made me cry and it got me thinking. It shows us that we are all so lucky, even when we think we don't have much. It reminded me that I should be grateful to have food on the table and a nice warm bed. I immediately joined a group to save up money for Pennies for Peace. I say 'on for 9 and up' because thats when kids can really savor it and understand it. A great book!
Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2010

loved it

I loved this book! I was really touched.I thought it would be boring, but it wasn't.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. March 19, 2010

Awesome messages trump dullness at times . . .

The story of Greg Mortinson and his pursuit to eventually build a ton of schools in Pakistan is a great one, but if you're over 12, I'd suggest that you read the actual version of Three Cups of Tea. It's a little more factual, and can get a bit boring at times as they describe the building process a little too extensively, etc. but it's generally a great book with a great lesson. There's a little bit of talk of sex, violence, etc. but nothing mature tweens and teens can't handle. An awesome story and an awesome man in this book.
Adult Written bybolbol555 March 10, 2009
Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2009

What IS it like to live in Pakistan?

I really enjoyed this book. It is about a man's mission to help the world by educating kids in Pakistan. I think this book is good for kids 8 and up to read to themselves if they are good readers or kids 7 to be read to.