All member reviews for Three Little Words: A Memoir

Harrowing foster child memoir for mature readers.

Parent of a 13 year old Written bymamalaura April 20, 2011

MUST READ if you are considering Social Work!

Loved it, but had a really hard time getting through the first 1/2. I was in tears and had to put the book down several times. I adopted a 10 year old out of the foster care system and this book made me want to adopt 7 more! The reason I put 17+ is because if a child is thinking about choosing Social Work as a career these are the things they will be dealing with. Other that that I think this is an adult book, that will move you to want to help the children stuck in the system.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byacox March 2, 2011

Great for Teens

I am a high school teacher and plan on teaching this to my English class next six weeks. I believe I can use the book in a way that will teach the kids about real life things they already know about or face. I truly believe the students will enjoy reading this book and I am looking forward to teaching it! When my children are old enough I would allow them to read this novel.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylyn147 December 4, 2009

I READ THIS BOOK AND IT WAS RELE GOOD
Adult Written byAkoi Akoi November 16, 2011

Three little words review!

i think it was a great book
Teen, 15 years old Written bybabeehghurl89 January 3, 2012

LOVE IT..!!!!!!!!!!

i like this book because it teaches other foster kids that no matter what you will fight for you will make it...:)
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2011

I love this book but it isnt 4 little kids

This book is okay, but what if a teenage child got it and then a nine year old found it.That would be very bad. You feel pretty sorry for Ashley, and I almost cried.
Teen, 14 years old Written byloveingkids September 16, 2011

14 year old adopted girl hero

i think this book is a good way to see that you can stay happy and joyful durning bad things in life , even thought the worst things in life like her mother and step father makeing drug well she was right there , you can still be a happy little girl and grow up to be a good young wounder lady ! i am truely in love with this book becuase i can some what relate to it ! ashley is my hero and always will be!
Teen, 14 years old Written byShannon96 September 24, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written bySoulathyia January 8, 2010

Eye Opener (but maybe a little exagerated)

In my opinion, it was a well done biography. However some events seemed quite exagerated. Such as riding in the backseat in a car with no doors where the driver is drunk and speeding and the toddlers fall out of the car onto the road and aren't hurt but actually laughing. Especially since it "happened often" I doubt this. Oh and some of the events while she's at the little meetings with the mosses and all the kids lie and say Mrs.Moss is the greatest care taker alive. At least one of them would have spoken up. Not to mention the inspectors what did they not see how cramped the rooms were or you know see the sun burns and injuries on the children or maybe smell the horrible stenches? All together the book was good it really opens your eyes to some of the horrors that go on in the foster care systems.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheerleader01 October 10, 2010

i loove it but i caant figure out the three little words ?
Teen, 14 years old Written bylil_taila00 October 18, 2009

I read this book and i couldn't put it down. It is very touching and tells some shocking things. it makes you think about how horrible some people can be and how children suffer. it makes you want to do something about children in foster-homes that move from home to home.
Teen, 15 years old Written byemma3amanda9 October 10, 2009

AMAZINGG!

This was soooooooooo good! I read it in one day because I was so interested ! Ommg! It was amazing ! It didnt have that much swearing but it was for someone who was mature ! I loveeeeed it! :)
Adult Written bykcook1 April 28, 2009