All member reviews for Tiger Eyes

Powerful novel examines teen's world of grief.

Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2013

Really gets you thinking.

Breathtaking, read this for novel study in the 4th grade, Almost baled my eyes out during the first few chapters, Having to deal with her father tragic death and many other things this book is exceptional, not a dull moment. One of the best Judy Blume books, Clearly. Anyone under 10 won't get the content I read it at ten and it was okay read it agin at 12 and Loved it so much read it in an hour tops.
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

Tiger Eyes

This book is very good. . . and very sad. The only things that you should know about before reading is just that Davey (the main character) describes a very violent event, and Davey's friend, Jane is drunk most of the time. I really enjoyed this book, and I think you will, too.
Parent Written bymarymojo2002 November 25, 2013

Do not let your child read this

It is a totally inappropriate book. I cannot believe that my daughter was able to bring home this book from her school. She is 10 years old. On page 126 it states, " Jane's mother and father are probably locked into their bedroom making love. Or maybe they did it while we were out and now they're sleeping. I don't want to think about sex anymore..... I get Jane undressed down to her shirt and her underpants"...etc...it also talks about when they first learn about sex... the language is bad and I am sick thinking that my child was expossed to this.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymeomya14 September 17, 2014
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrendapineda05 May 1, 2016

Book review

Tiger Eyes is set in Los Alamos , Mexico and deals with the main character Davey Wexler. Davey is the narrator of this story, she is 15 years old and lives with her mother and younger brother. Davey is having a hard time passing through her father's death. Her mom decides that they are going to Los Alamos ,Mexico with there aunt Bitsy for a while. Davey meets a Native American guy named Wolf. Wolf helps Davey get passed her father's death because he is going through the same thing. Davey gets tired of her mom being depressed . Davey's mom decides to go back to there home to start a new life. I don't now how it feels to lose my father , but I lost a very important person which was my aunt. I can relate to her pain and anxiety. This is a really good book it gives a good message and most people can relate to it. My favorite part was when Davy went down a canyon and strated crying for her father, My favorite character is Davey because she is strong .My least favorite part is when wolf's dad dies.I would change the the part where Wolf leaves. I would recommend this book to people who is going through a hard time .this book has a great message. I would rate this book a 4/5.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2013

Okay For Mature Tweens

Great story about moving on from tragic situations with a little help from a friend in a similar situation. I am a big fan of Judy Blume's work, and this is one of my favorite works of her's. This book is great, and I think that is okay for mature tweens who aren't afraid of blood and violence. Very good story with positive messages about healing and not hiding from grief and sensitivity.