All member reviews for Tiger Eyes

Powerful novel examines teen's world of grief.

Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2013

Really gets you thinking.

Breathtaking, read this for novel study in the 4th grade, Almost baled my eyes out during the first few chapters, Having to deal with her father tragic death and many other things this book is exceptional, not a dull moment. One of the best Judy Blume books, Clearly. Anyone under 10 won't get the content I read it at ten and it was okay read it agin at 12 and Loved it so much read it in an hour tops.
Parent Written bymarymojo2002 November 25, 2013

Do not let your child read this

It is a totally inappropriate book. I cannot believe that my daughter was able to bring home this book from her school. She is 10 years old. On page 126 it states, " Jane's mother and father are probably locked into their bedroom making love. Or maybe they did it while we were out and now they're sleeping. I don't want to think about sex anymore..... I get Jane undressed down to her shirt and her underpants"...etc...it also talks about when they first learn about sex... the language is bad and I am sick thinking that my child was expossed to this.
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2013

Tiger Eyes

This book is very good. . . and very sad. The only things that you should know about before reading is just that Davey (the main character) describes a very violent event, and Davey's friend, Jane is drunk most of the time. I really enjoyed this book, and I think you will, too.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymeomya14 September 17, 2014
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2013

Okay For Mature Tweens

Great story about moving on from tragic situations with a little help from a friend in a similar situation. I am a big fan of Judy Blume's work, and this is one of my favorite works of her's. This book is great, and I think that is okay for mature tweens who aren't afraid of blood and violence. Very good story with positive messages about healing and not hiding from grief and sensitivity.