All member reviews for To Kill a Mockingbird

Stunning classic examines racism -- and justice.

Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2010

to kill a mockingbird

i loved this book twice. its my favorite book i love all the characters especially scout and ilove the plot i especially recommend this book
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhymenosorus May 15, 2010

LOVE IT!

I absolutely recommend this book!!!! One of the best books I've ever read! I cannot recommend it enough! READ IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written byVelvet_Leggings_XD May 7, 2010

A very good book.

I absolutely loved this book. It's very realistic, and I really think that people should read it. Kids will enjoy it because they can easily relate to the characters. I think that Atticus, the father, is a brilliant role model for children as well. I was completely absorbed in this book the entire way through.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBe.Awesome.Always. February 24, 2010

Awesome Book, must read

Awesome book. The best characters, with Atticus being the ultimate moral role model figure. A must read for anybody 14 years or older.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymynameO.O February 9, 2010

it was a terrific book but it's sooooo long i thought i would never finish it. i felt there were many irrelivent parts but by the end i was like "oh that makes since now". now that i finished it (FINALLY) i thought i understood the world more but theres more in this world then i could relize and more coming everyday and with what i read in the book i feel i am more prepared for it.
Kid, 10 years old January 26, 2010

Graded A+

All I am going to say is that it is amazing. The characters rock, especially Scout and Dill. It's about a little girl (Scout) and her brother that live in Maycomb, Alabama,and they live by a man named Boo Radley who never cmes out of his house- I don't think I should say any more. Every person MUST read it SOMETIME in their lives! If you want to find out more, READ THIS AMAZING BOOK. PLEASE!
Teen, 13 years old Written byzhp7654 October 9, 2009

The best of the best!!!!!

This is the best book I have ever read! I recommend this for teenagers. The part I remember the most is Scout Finch getting in trouble, next Boo Radley killing Bob Ewell. I came across some cursing, but this book is great
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2009

I need to read more of it.

My friend and I got this book like 2 days ago from our school library. I heard of this book from other websites and so I decided to try it. I only read 6 pages, and the writing already is great. I just can't wait to read it all :D
Teen, 13 years old Written by♥kittykinz♥ August 24, 2009

We had to read this in reading and I finished it in 3 days even though it took 3 months for us to discuss it. I loved this book and I think it needs to be read by everyone!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypleione August 18, 2009

Good messages,

Seven year olds might not get the messages, but they certainly won't be disturbed by the violence. It might warrant a talk explaining rape though....most of my friends thought it was a boring book, hard to get in to. I agree with them. I've read the silmarillion all the way through, so when i say something's boring....
Teen, 14 years old Written byCiaraC July 26, 2009

A must read

This book is a classic. It should be read by all children. There are very strong messages in this book (such as why racism is wrong) and is a book that will stay with you for life. One of the best books of all time. Truly profound and will raise moral issues that you can disscus with your children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRAEVEN April 21, 2009

I ACTUALLY THINK ITS A FASANATING STORY

Teen, 14 years old Written byiceswim February 22, 2009

Terrible Book

I had to read this in 8th grade and i hated it. It is boring and stupid. Im not tring to be mean but its the truth. This is a terrible book :(
Parent of a 11, 15, and 18 year old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written byJL December 25, 2008

Absolutely Fantastic

Harper Lee is a very good storyteller. She writes little stories that slowly lead to the main plot (the court case/trial). The book ends with a sense of finality, but if she kept writing I would have been willing to keep reading. The content is very severe, an unbelievable amount of foul language, the book is set around the depression/WWII time period in the south, which does not justify the language but it does make the story realistic. (Personally I would prefer no foul language whatsoever, but this is the One book I am willing to read over it.) I recommend at least 16 years old, although my 12 and 14 year old sisters read it. It is very graphic, so, no you child. I absolutely love the book, it is very well written, and a very good story. One of my all time favorites. I recommend caution, but I do highly recommend.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycup April 9, 2008

I love this book!!!

This book is wonderfull my English teacher is the one who got me into reading it. I love the younge girl in it really ties in the whole book to make it a one of a kind. This book may be hard to understand and confusing in the beggining but i the end you will find out how everything ties together.
Adult Written bydancer chick April 9, 2008

A very thought provoking book

Teen, 16 years old Written byacarter72 April 9, 2008

A good book with a good message

The ending was kind of confusing. I liked how the narrator was a little girl. It was very thought-provoking.
Adult Written bywinfall April 9, 2008

A Classic

A great book. Some people may find the words "rape" and "nigger" offensive.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygymnastixbabe April 9, 2008

Interesting book

I read this book for school, and even though I started reading it with the idea that a lot of people I asked about it hated it, I enjoyed it. This book is appealing to those who are interested in historical fiction based on the Reconstruction era. Set right after the Civil War, the book is mainly pointed at racial issues, and other wordly problems, but through the eyes of a young girl. I reccommend this book for teenagers and adults.