All member reviews for Torment: Fallen, Book 2

Teen, 14 years old Written bynoveleater January 26, 2011

Very interesting sequel to Fallen.

If you are a fan of Twilight, you will fall for the Fallen series instantly. This book is not about vampires, but Angels and Demons, Heaven and Hell, Love and Hate, Good and Evil and a confusing twist about reincarnation revealed in Fallen, not Torment. So pretty much the story fallows Luce, and her love/hate relationship with Daneil, the Angel. The Outcast are hunting down Luce, and she hides in a school on a beach in California, where the school is run by a Demon in love with a daughter of a Angel, (the daughter is a adult, don't worry) But a strange evil force is taunting the school's students. But what is it, and what does it want; Luce? The violence includes a girl being sucked under water by a evil force, but she is rescued before any harm can be done to her, only to be kidnapped over again. No deaths unlike Fallen, and the violent battle scene like in Fallen is near the end, but it finishes to early. Unlike Fallen the book doesn't have the smart charm to help the reader flip through the pages. It's really only the promise of a battle at the end that kept me reading. There are some family matters in the book but Lauren Kate could have done a better job describing. I can't wait for Book Three: Passion! It'll be GREAT! The book is definaly leading the reader into a interesting plot for the next in the Four part series. The kissing, and touching includes touches, groping, kissing passionaly, flirting, and the like, but nothing a normal 14 year old can't handle. The swearing includes two used of sh-, ass, da- and Hell used religously correct. Enjoy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheVeronicasFan123 January 28, 2011

Torment moved so much faster than Fallen, but the plot wasn't really there. i loved how she was having fun! At Sword & Cross, it was so mopey. It was much more fun here. :-)))) Dylan
Kid, 12 years old October 17, 2011

Best series ever!

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hooked from the first page,( okay maybe second chapter ), but it is the best series I've read so far, there are some scenes that aren't great for kids that aren't mature. I'm still waiting for the fourth book "Rapture". It comes out in Spring 2012
Teen, 13 years old Written byPopstarr2038 June 23, 2011

Amazing

I love this book personally Im thirteen and I think it is the best book I have ever read, I have to say thgough it is a little violent if 13 is to young for you I'd say 14 the approriate age. Twilight step back! You have some commpetition!
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2012

Great Sequel to Fallen!

A very great book! There are some swear words thrown in there, but nothing a young teen hasn't heard. There's also a few kisses and a little bit of more violence than in the first book, but a very entertaining read to fans of the Fallen Series and anyone around the edge of twelve.
Teen, 14 years old Written by*~debs~* July 15, 2011

LOVED IT!Couldn't Stop reading It :)

I just finished reading the book (no kidding, as soon as i finished i came on here to give my review of the book) and i gotta say that i really liked it. This book has a lot of opposite sides in competition like (and i quote what noveleater said) "Angels and Demons, Heaven and Hell, Love and Hate, Good and Evil". Positive Message- she has friends who help Luce out during the story, so yeah her friends don't give up on her. Too Violent- well there is killing of the Outcasts(the battle at the end of the book) some blood mentioned, nothing major. Language- yes, there's language in the book, but it helps make the characters not sound so bland, sort of gives them more of a realistic feel not just a these-are-people-in-a-book-so-they-use-proper-english kinda feel.