All member reviews for Trash

Powerful adventure about dumpsite kids a true treasure.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEscort Rider September 11, 2011

A remarkable but realistic tale of mystery and intrigue

Fascinating mystery story in a most unusual and gritty setting. The resourcefulness of the uneducated protagonists is remarkable, but remains realistic. I was looking for a book to read aloud to a fifth grade class, and this one held my interest from start to finish. If you're looking for something syrupy and sweet you'll need to look elsewhere, yet in the end the good side of the human spirit triumphs here.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymissuncreative July 16, 2011

Really good, but language!

I enjoyed this book a lot! It was interesting, exciting, and just overall awesome. However, this IS language (I have NO idea what the review is saying with "not applicable"). The a-word, s-word, and d-word a few times (and sometimes it's the kids who say the words). And I know that at the end of the book, I wanted to get in the shower! I honestly felt like throwing up once or twice while reading it. But it was really good, and I would actually suggest it to people. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byNewtonkid September 29, 2011

Language?

This is a suspenseful and thriling tale of several boys living in the trash on an epic adventure. When I read this book, I couldn't put it down, but there is language in this book. However, chances are that your kids have probably heard some if not all of the words mentioned in this book by 11 years old. I loved this book when I read it. After reading it for the first time, I flipped to page 1 and read it over again.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycookiemaster October 16, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written bypowellinator May 24, 2012

Bad book

the worst book i ever read
Teen, 13 years old Written byCorey b November 27, 2013

Trash and the small things you might want to know.

It is an ok book but it has very mild language and and there is a bit of violence in the book as we'll but over all it's a good book to read it passes time quickly and during the climax you want to read more. When you finish you feel a satisfying feeling. It might not look or sound good "trash" but hey don't judge a book by its cover. I'm only 13 so if you like what I wrote please read the book it is a nice book to read. Rating: 16/20 thankyou.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydakota_p November 7, 2013

Good book

Have you ever heard the phrase "One mans trash, is another mans treasure." well in this book it that phrase is taken to a completely literal sense. Three dumpsite boys Raphael, Gardo, and Rat who are from a Third World Latin American country. The boys and there small community make a living by digging through the big cities trash to find anything of value to sell to make enough to feed themselves, save money for necessities, and to sometimes help others. While fingering through the trash mountain one day Raphael finds a small leather wallet with an i.d. card, money and directions. Under the watch of brutal police forces, the boys all team up to follow the clues of a deep, thrilling path to something they always needed. The story is told through multiple characters giving a slight journalistic view of the story. The book is not an edge-of-your-seat thriller but it will definitely keep the pages turning and you will be finished with it before you know it. The vocabulary is not hard to handle and it is a very easy book to read, perfect for the small time reader. Worth the payment, but would be easier to rent from a local library if possible considering it is only a 240 page book and effortless to read with speed.
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2014

Amazing

It is a great book that has a little swearing and smoking with great messages. Must Read!