All member reviews for Tuck Everlasting

A timeless and thought-provoking novel.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVelvet_Leggings_XD May 7, 2010

Wasn't the best.

I didn't like it nor hate it. I just think that it was too short. You don't really get to know the characters, you don't spend enough time with them. She's only there for what, one night, and then the story pretty much ends? The plot just never went anywhere.
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2010

Great Message

It's amazing!! I really like the message, it tells that not living forever is a good thing.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byrote_cora June 20, 2010

Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2011

Tuck Everlasting

It is a very cool and interesting book!!
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2011

forgetable

way to short we read it in my 6th grade english class i wish the romance between winnie and jesse was inhanced and wish the ending was diffrent all in all i wish it was longer
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2011

i like this book did not hate it did not love it. This bbok satistfied my mined with all the adventures we read it as a group so the hard words stood out that is why i aged it for 10 to 12 because the vocabulary was hard one word that was hard that i remeber was preputal.
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2010

I love this book!

I love this book for any reasons.First a have a crush on the boy that is 17.But secondley I love the ending it is gorgeous.
Teen, 15 years old Written bynonie11queen September 27, 2011

the sad but really enjoyable book!!!

i am reading this book n my english book and it it a romance novel but it can be for kids 11 and up i am not done reading the book but so far i love the book and it is deppressing that winnie dies at the end she is only 10 yrs old and is a really nice kid!!!&
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2011

i love it kids will 2 im a fifth grader and i love it and so does my mom!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykarmen1 February 2, 2010

i love this book it is my favorite
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm115 December 13, 2010

pretty good

my class read this book last year and i thought it was going to be pretty boring but i was proven wrong, this is a great book and it even made me cry at the end when (spoiler alert) when winnie died this is a great book for kids who dont really like to read
Kid, 11 years old December 11, 2011

Should you read Tuck Everlasting? Yes!

This was a great book!!! It had a lot of valuable messages!!!!
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2010

Tuck Everlasting is An Everlasting Classic!

Loved it! This book was amazing! The story is based in the olden days, and so kids learn a few old-timey words which is great I think! The book is a treasure itself, very fun to read! No concerns for parents on bad words and expamles.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byA.Cox September 23, 2010

im in 8th grade && i loved the book. its a nice love story.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny November 7, 2011

A great read...

I read Tuck Everlasting for a school assignment and I almost immediately fell in love with it. The story is original, clever, and inspired. It's actually one of my favorite books. It's about a girl named Winnie Foster who discovers a family of immortals. Throughout the story, she has to hide their secret. Unfortunately, a man in a yellow suit wants to share their secret with the world. Winnie is also a really good role model because she risks being caught to save a friend and instead of using the everlasting water on herself, she uses it on a toad (one of her best friends), knowing that living forever isn't really a good thing. The ending is sad, though, because the Tucks find out Winnie has passed away. But anyways, it was a great book and I highly recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byreviewer 55 November 15, 2011

book review

hey this book is great but better at the start and end the middle is kinda slow
Parent of a 10 year old Written bythefullmetalalc... January 31, 2011

a classic book perfect for all a

metaphors that may fly over young kids heads
Adult Written byDsnyLnkd April 9, 2008

Loved the book...

I read this book after I bought if for my 9 year old for Christmas. I was having second thoughts about giving her a book I'd never read. I loved the book. It took me back to when I was 10 (the age of the girl in the book). It was a nice feeling. The book helps you contemplate your own mortality and why we may not want to "live forever". It really helps a person decide how they feel about living forever. On the other hand I was nervous about the young girl sneaking out of her parents house and what message that will send to my daughter. Also, there is a man who dies by a shotgun and talk of the gallows. I'm not sure if my daughter, though well taught, would understand the law back in 1880. Would she understand the setting of the book was back in the 1880's? I was thinking the age appropriateness would be fifth grade. I was glad I read this book and now will be able to talk to my daughter about it when she reads it.
Adult Written bymrsthomas April 9, 2008

Great Book

This is a classic! Living forever... a curse or a gift. This book helps you decide!
Teen, 13 years old Written byoreosmith November 30, 2010

perfect for anyone to read

i love it