All member reviews for Twilight: The Twilight Saga, Book 1

Twilight the best book ever

Twilight-is-the-best-book-ever-i-just-got-it-today-at-barninoble-and-i-cant-put-it-down-i-love-it!!!!!!!!! LOVE, MTP

I can't wait 'till the movie!!

Some people might think this is bad,but I'm only in 5th grade going into 6th,and I loved it,and I love New Moon,and I can't wait till Eclipse comes out!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylukeylove April 9, 2008

Calling all 13 year old girls!

This book is awesome! Check with your parents first, because they might be surprised about the vampires. After they read the first chapter, there will be nothing to worry about! Check it out! After reading it, I was anxious to read the next book! The author is a genious. See for yourself!

I LOVED this book!!

Twilight is probably one of the best horror novels I have ever read! It was a little slow paced at the beginning, but it spead up immediately and I couldn't stop reading it! The night I finished it I had about 100 pages to go, and it took me about 2 hours to finish it. My mom kept coming in to my room to tell me to turn off the lights and go to sleep but I couldn't put it down! Twilight is extremely well-written, has an extraordinary plot, and is the perfect read for any fan of horror books. I recommend this to anyone 11 and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykkzozo987 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byduchessofdance94 April 9, 2008

I LOVED IT!!!!!!

This book was written beautifully! There's romance, action, and every other desirable thing you could have in a book. It can come across as somewhat of a chick flick, and it would be sooo cool if they made it into a movie. Basically it was amazing and everybody should read it!

Its hypnotic...

Twilight is one of those books that you can't stop reading. Not much happens, really, this book isn't very fast-paced; but it's still a highly enjoyable read and, if you're anything like my friends, you'll find yourself falling in love with Edward Cullen.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasterchief114 April 9, 2008

Fantastic!

My friend loaned me this book, and although I usually don't like romances, this one was great! My favourite part was how not all the vampires were evil bloodsuckers. Some of them chose not to suck human blood, replacing it with blood from predators in the wild, usually in areas where there were too many. I loved New Moon just as much, and I like how both books have some sort of different adventure concerning vampires at the end.

MUST READ

I loved this! I read it in 2 days! I could not put it done it held my attention every second that i have read it. I recommend this book to everyone that enjoys vampires and romance!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrock_star April 9, 2008

I really like it

a great book, you have to read it
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Kind of boring, the movies were much better

Teen, 14 years old Written byIsaac T June 3, 2015

Stephanie Meyer sucks

I've read the first three chapters of this book and lost interest right away. How bad can a series get? An awful vampire romance that's had extremely negative effects on society.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBOLTZ415 May 3, 2015

It was mainly good with a few minor problems.

I love Stephenie Meyers way of writing. She is a really talented author. I read Twilight when I was 10. ( I was a very mature 10 year old) Twilight is a good book I like the theme. But the female character Bella was too pathetic and hopeless. She totally relied on Edward. Thats shows more male dominance which I dont like. There really wasn't much love. It was just lust and wanting. But in total it was a good book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMadiLynnSmith April 10, 2015

Twilight

This book was a great read and I breezed right through it. Some things though, you may not like as a parent. Edward sneaks into Bella's room at night and lays with her in bed without her dad knowing. There are talks about violent past events but not much violence. The romance isn't that big of a deal, Edward and Bella sometimes kiss but Edward always knows when it gets to be too much. He is very responsible in the field of romance which is a very good example for Tweens and teens. The book is very good but I wouldn't recommend it for ages younger than11 or 12 at the least.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPengo14 April 1, 2015

It's alright but its not great

First of all i watched the movies and they are such a let down next to the books. They are so different. The Bella in the movie is so different to the Bella in the book, sometimes it just gets confusing. Second I absolutely dislike Bella in the first book because she shows no emotion, she doesn't have a personality and is straight up boring sometimes. In the second book i don;t like that Bella gets all suicidal and wants to jump off a cliff just to get her adrenaline pumping, its not sending a good message for younger girls. Its dangerous and reckless as Edward quoted in the book "Don't do anything reckless" but what happens she goes ahead and does it anyway. In the second book Bella tends to whine a lot and it gets annoying. If only Meyers could have made her less whinny that would have been great. In the last books she alright its just getting married and having a baby is a bit naive and her dying was a bit dramatic if you ask me. My problem is really just with Bella and the way she is in book 1 and 2. Other than that i think it was a good book but if Meyers just made Bella's character a bit more lively that would of been better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthturn January 7, 2015

Worst book ever

excruciatingly bad. The book should actually have been put as acceptable for 2 and under because of its vocabulary. The author writes in simple thoughts occasionally hit the thesaurus for an SAT word per chapter. The only reason it is in 17 is because if you were to give it to a child, they would be reading about an abusive relationship sue coated in faux teen dribble. The two main love interests show ALL 15 signs of being in a domestically abusive relationship. The 'heroine' is a suicidal and depressed. And the 'hero' is an ego maniac with control issues. If your looking for a book with absolutely no sex or plot enabled violence then this is the book for you. Don't waste your time
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2015

Loved the book!!!!!!

I absolutely loved the book!!!! Their is not very much violence only towards the end but it does not describe it very well.
Teen, 14 years old Written bya.rango30 January 4, 2015

Couldn't put it down.

The Twilight Saga is my favorite book series I have ever read. Full of passion and romance. It makes you wish for a love a strong as Edward and Bella's. It makes you feel one with the characters, sharing their emotional and physical experiences with the reader.
Teen, 13 years old Written byana_loves_movies December 21, 2014

AMAZING

I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH AND I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANY BOOK LOVER!!! I LOVED THE STORY LINE AND THE ROMANCE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT AND I THINK EVERY TEEN GIRL SHOULD READ THIS!!!