All member reviews for Twilight: The Twilight Saga, Book 1

Teen, 13 years old Written bylukeylove April 9, 2008

Calling all 13 year old girls!

This book is awesome! Check with your parents first, because they might be surprised about the vampires. After they read the first chapter, there will be nothing to worry about! Check it out! After reading it, I was anxious to read the next book! The author is a genious. See for yourself!

I LOVED this book!!

Twilight is probably one of the best horror novels I have ever read! It was a little slow paced at the beginning, but it spead up immediately and I couldn't stop reading it! The night I finished it I had about 100 pages to go, and it took me about 2 hours to finish it. My mom kept coming in to my room to tell me to turn off the lights and go to sleep but I couldn't put it down! Twilight is extremely well-written, has an extraordinary plot, and is the perfect read for any fan of horror books. I recommend this to anyone 11 and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykkzozo987 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byduchessofdance94 April 9, 2008

I LOVED IT!!!!!!

This book was written beautifully! There's romance, action, and every other desirable thing you could have in a book. It can come across as somewhat of a chick flick, and it would be sooo cool if they made it into a movie. Basically it was amazing and everybody should read it!

Its hypnotic...

Twilight is one of those books that you can't stop reading. Not much happens, really, this book isn't very fast-paced; but it's still a highly enjoyable read and, if you're anything like my friends, you'll find yourself falling in love with Edward Cullen.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasterchief114 April 9, 2008

Fantastic!

My friend loaned me this book, and although I usually don't like romances, this one was great! My favourite part was how not all the vampires were evil bloodsuckers. Some of them chose not to suck human blood, replacing it with blood from predators in the wild, usually in areas where there were too many. I loved New Moon just as much, and I like how both books have some sort of different adventure concerning vampires at the end.

MUST READ

I loved this! I read it in 2 days! I could not put it done it held my attention every second that i have read it. I recommend this book to everyone that enjoys vampires and romance!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrock_star April 9, 2008

I really like it

a great book, you have to read it
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthturn January 7, 2015

Worst book ever

excruciatingly bad. The book should actually have been put as acceptable for 2 and under because of its vocabulary. The author writes in simple thoughts occasionally hit the thesaurus for an SAT word per chapter. The only reason it is in 17 is because if you were to give it to a child, they would be reading about an abusive relationship sue coated in faux teen dribble. The two main love interests show ALL 15 signs of being in a domestically abusive relationship. The 'heroine' is a suicidal and depressed. And the 'hero' is an ego maniac with control issues. If your looking for a book with absolutely no sex or plot enabled violence then this is the book for you. Don't waste your time
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2015

Loved the book!!!!!!

I absolutely loved the book!!!! Their is not very much violence only towards the end but it does not describe it very well.
Teen, 14 years old Written bya.rango30 January 4, 2015

Couldn't put it down.

The Twilight Saga is my favorite book series I have ever read. Full of passion and romance. It makes you wish for a love a strong as Edward and Bella's. It makes you feel one with the characters, sharing their emotional and physical experiences with the reader.
Teen, 13 years old Written byana_loves_movies December 21, 2014

AMAZING

I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH AND I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANY BOOK LOVER!!! I LOVED THE STORY LINE AND THE ROMANCE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT AND I THINK EVERY TEEN GIRL SHOULD READ THIS!!!
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2014

Terrible, terrible messages for any age

Antifeminism, lack of plot, boring premise and characters as plain as card make this an all around terrible book. And what's more, it's frightfully engrossing, putting any naive reader (Like me) under it's compelling spell. If you don't want to make the same mistake I did, take my advice: DON"T READ THIS BOOK!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 September 27, 2014

Ugh.

How do I begin to explain how terrible this book is for the world? Well, for starters, Bella is definitely NOT someone you'd ever want to look up to. She's got no personality and completely relies on Edward for everything. She sacrifices her life, family, and friends just so she can be Edward's girlfriend. In the last book, her practically forces her to marry him right after graduation, and Bella agrees, as long as they get to have sex. In the second book, she goes into a coma because he breaks up with her. She ignores all of her friends and basically does nothing but wallow for months on end. Then she finds out that she can hear Edward's voice when she does life-threatening things. So she goes about doing life-threatening things, like jumping off cliffs, riding motorcycles into things, going towards guys who could be rapists, messing with werewolves, etc etc etc. In the second part of the last book, Bella get's pregnant with a half-vampire, half-human baby who makes her ill and tries to eat its way out of her stomach. After the baby is born, a werewolf friend of Bella's falls in love with it (in a sexual way) and it's just plain creepy. In my opinion, this book is special only BECAUSE it is so plainly disgusting and sexist. Not something I'd ever read again.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2014

Wow!?

Much better than I expected. Not great messages though...
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2014

Entertaining, but not very eductional

Twilight has very little educational value and isn't very good quality. However, it is a fairly entertaining read and great for Middle schoolers and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywolflover March 6, 2014

I only have this one thing to say

I don't wonder at all why Edward couldn't figure Bella out: I read the book from her perspective and still couldn't figure her out.
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2014

I personally liked Twilight. This book apparently isn't that intense compared to the other books (from what I've heard), but it has a lot of violence in one part of this book. Other than that, it was fine.
Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2014

Twilight

A lot of people say it's a horrible book, but if you want to read it read it. This sight is mainly just about age. Twilight in my opinion is a great book. There is a bit of swearing, but only one word. Violence? No. If your parents would say your a mature 8 year old you could read this. Unless if you get scared easily, which even then you could like this. Great messages? No. If you are totally with women and there rights, your cool. This book just doesn't have any great messages or role models for women. At all. A bit cheesy and cheap too. I haven't read the others yet but at least in this book there is no sex at all. There is kissing though but that's a bit later in the book. They don't even mention drinking, drugs, or smoking. Even if they did, where is your kid going to get a pack of cigarettes if it inspired them? There's this thing called the law. I looked over some of the other reviews and a bunch of them just talked about a couple of things. Seriously? Why not a great paragraph on why it's a great book? Yeah. Also, no educational value. (That's right kids! No more math!) None at all. Not much to explain on that. Hope this helped!