All member reviews for Under the Never Sky

Hard-edged romantic adventure set in a dystopian future.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheTeenEye August 12, 2012

An Average, Enjoyable Dystopian Tale

'Under The Never Sky' by Veronica Rosi is a book set in a dystopian future. I have read many of these types of books (they have become more popular since the launch of The Hunger Games) and although I like this book, it doesn't stand out over the rest. A main character, Aria, is very smart, which I consider an important trait to have in a female character (as shown by Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series). Violence is a main part of the book, as it features cannibals, a character who's brother wants to kill him, fighting, and killing (a decapitation was mentioned). It might also be inappropriate (besides what it mentioned in the review) because a main character is mentioned to be having "Her first bleeding." I think kids from the ages 12+ should be fine reading this book. P.S. It says the main character is 16 in the review, but in the book, it says she is 17.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGRACE_Bookworm September 21, 2013

Mild violence and romance, but all in all a wonderful book

This book was fast paced, romantic, and suspenseful, and lived up to all of my expectations. It is a great read for teens, especially those who enjoy dystopian themes. There was mild violent and romantic content, but the violence added to the story and the romance was sweet, not sappy. I enjoyed learning more and more about the characters as the story unfolded, and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywildboomer1998 February 17, 2013

Under the Never Sky

I thought this was a great book. There was very little romance until the middle of the book, but overall i loved it. I think this is a great book for a mature 12 year old but perfect for 13 years old and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovemuffins July 7, 2015

good book, there is an implied sex scene

This is a good YA book, although not too original. The romance is sweet and pretty heated. It doesn't say this in the main review, but Aria and Perry do have sex, although it's not described in detail. Among YA books, the sexual content isn't overly explicit, but it's still something to be aware of.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwistedlover123 November 3, 2014

I've though this book is perfect the Dystopian fans for sure, including myself. The Role Models are quite promising in this book, like Aria. The romance is just enough to spark your interest. It'll keep you on the edge of your seat, I recommend this book for middle schooler's, for sure.
Educator and Parent Written byShellbelle823 May 23, 2014