All teen and kid member reviews for Ungifted

Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2013

probably a book that describes me in 2nd grade ( not really, sort off )

I loved the book "Ungifted". My favorite part of the book was during the robotics competition. i won't give the ending away, but i will tell u that it is a motivating story and one that i think that kids that are bellow your average joe or a know-it-all. Other reviews may say it is inappropriate because it includes human growth and development with a live example, or what she likes to call herself a "lab rat". over all, once again, a very good book. P.S. all trouble makers who think they're "Bad to the Bone" should compare their lives to Donovan's, the main character
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2013

Awesome, but tricky

i love this book. at one point they do talk about sx ed, now human growth and development. there is a dance, and someone wrestles at the dance by jumping off the deejay booth. it took me a minute to understand some parts, and i am in the top 5% on my IQ test.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAC718 January 14, 2015

Ungifted, just read it

It's great novel about a kid who is accidental throw into a gifted program for brainaics and proves just because your not a genius doesn't mean you're less than them. Kid's will learn that there are skill you can offer to geniuses, so if your child feels stupid and unimportant give them this book. Donovan, the main character, shouldn't be in the gifted program but needs to stay in for as long as possible so he isn't caught for massive damage he accidentally caused the school because his family can't afford it. Kids will learn that helping your family is important but might think coming clean isn't the best option after rewarding this. Parents should also know that the students have to take Human Growth and Development (Sex Ed is used by a teacher in a teacher only conference once) Also Don's pregnant sister is used for the credit in this course since no teach is certified to teach and readers will learn about the belly rule and that I quote: "Whatever the reason, when I've got to go, everything else is on hold. I don't care if I'm performing CPR and have to leave one of you gasping and suffocating. Are we clear?" " First off, being pregnant is weirdest thing that's ever going to happen to you. It's like growing a whole extra body part that doesn't seem to do anything but bump into furniture" "Another thing about being pregnant ---your body, which used to be your own private business, is suddenly a hands-on theme park for total strangers." WARNING TO PARENTS WHOSE CHILDREN DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GIRLS AND BOYS YET! a student looking at a sonogram says it's a boy. They pregnant lady says how do you know. He points and says "The what is that!" Everyone then agrees it's a boy. The book is very funny, interesting and overall worth spending bus ride mostly reading instead of talking.
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2013

Funny and Well-written

A quirky and humorous tale that I truly enjoyed. The characters were funny sometimes, and the different perspectives made me want to read more Gordon Korman books in hopes of finding books like this. I recommend this book to any young reader that likes humor.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2015

Awesome

I think this is a really good book. This book is appropriate but to get the true gist of it you need to be 11. Also when it talks about the "pregnancy", parental guidance suggested. I feel Donovan is a good person, just a little impulsive. He is actually not a prankster; his friends are. In all this book is Awesome!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylexiec July 19, 2016

this book is amazing

I think that its amazing because most kids don't like to read but i think they will like this book because its funny and humorous.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMatt_J November 17, 2015

Interesting and Unique

I am a decent reader and this book really interested me into reading more. You can easily visualize the characters thoughts feeling and environment around them and it's very relatable. Ungifted is an easy read for most ages although it has a bit of crude humor and small representations of inappropriate actions like making trouble in school and lifting the teacher's skirt up. Also some sexaul refrecences as in pregencies and sexual education. Other than that it's a fun, quick, different but interesting read.