Kid reviews for Ungifted

Ungifted Poster Image

Ungifted, just read it

It's great novel about a kid who is accidental throw into a gifted program for brainaics and proves just because your not a genius doesn't mean you're less than them. Kid's will learn that there are skill you can offer to geniuses, so if your child feels stupid and unimportant give them this book. Donovan, the main character, shouldn't be in the gifted program but needs to stay in for as long as possible so he isn't caught for massive damage he accidentally caused the school because his family can't afford it. Kids will learn that helping your family is important but might think coming clean isn't the best option after rewarding this. Parents should also know that the students have to take Human Growth and Development (Sex Ed is used by a teacher in a teacher only conference once) Also Don's pregnant sister is used for the credit in this course since no teach is certified to teach and readers will learn about the belly rule and that I quote: "Whatever the reason, when I've got to go, everything else is on hold. I don't care if I'm performing CPR and have to leave one of you gasping and suffocating. Are we clear?" " First off, being pregnant is weirdest thing that's ever going to happen to you. It's like growing a whole extra body part that doesn't seem to do anything but bump into furniture" "Another thing about being pregnant ---your body, which used to be your own private business, is suddenly a hands-on theme park for total strangers." WARNING TO PARENTS WHOSE CHILDREN DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GIRLS AND BOYS YET! a student looking at a sonogram says it's a boy. They pregnant lady says how do you know. He points and says "The what is that!" Everyone then agrees it's a boy. The book is very funny, interesting and overall worth spending bus ride mostly reading instead of talking.

1 person found this helpful.

i like it but kinda sexual...

they do a sex ed class...that didnr bother me but little kids will have no idea what your talking about and you gotta give em the talk,and you dont want that...overall tho good story funny chartchers,love it all!

One of my favorite books, with lots of humor, great messages, and likable characters.

Ungifted is a 2012 children's comedy book written by Gordon Korman. Language: Some name-calling, but very mild. Sex(1/5): Donovan's classmates are required to learn about sex ed (nothing is actually shown or explained). Donovan brings his sister Katie in to teach the class about difficulties with pregnancy. Drinking, Drugs, And Smoking: None. Violence(1/5): Some peril with the class' robot endangered of being smashed, but ultimately nothing happens. Donovan's stunt involves a statue rolling into a gym and causing property damage. Positive Messages(5/5): Messages about kindness, uniqueness, being creative, friendship, anti-bullying, and more. Positive Role Models And Representations(4/5): Donovan is a trouble maker at first but learns to appreciate the little things in life and bring life to other people through uniqueness and kindness. The other characters are likable as well. The principal can be seen as an antagonist, but he only wants Donovan to meet justice, and he is not malicious. Quality(opinionated): One of my favorite books of all time, with great writing, comedy, and themes.

Gordon Korman has done it again!!!

I've read many of Gordon Korman's books and this is one of my personal favorites!!! Korman tells a funny story about a reckless and impulsive teen who is sent to a "gifted" academy. Even though the teen is NOT in anyway gifted in math, science, history, etc., he brings a different aspect of life to the super-gifted kids he is with. The teen is sent to this academy on accident after he causes a huge disaster at his school and is in "hiding". He and some others are destructive and tell partial truths in this book. You hear about some girls referred to as, "hotties" and "chicks", but that's normal teen talk. We also see the words "shut up", "misfits", "slimebucket", "dweeb", "dorks", "stupid", "freaky", "social outcasts", "dummy", "jerks", etc. The other main characters are social outcasts, but they are geniuses. There is a sex-ed class that the kids have to take and the teacher is uncomfortable about having to talk to his innocent, pure, unknowing class about that stuff (being afraid that they don't know how it's done and they will ask him about the process of making a kid). Korman made this class a funny and not weird class that it usually is. We hear there is a dance that takes place and some cheating takes place at the academy. Overall, this was a great book, but I recommend it for 11 and up if your kid hasn't had the talk yet, because they don't understand how this chick is pregnant.

Good book

Very motivating and uplifting story. It talks about human growth and development (just with pregnancy), so you might have to explain that to younger readers. It is definitely more of a 2nd grade reading level, but is good for kids older than ten. If your child feels dumb and unimportant, this book will help them.

Hilarious Page Turner Readers Will Love

After reading this book, I have just about become addicted to Gordon Korman! This stellar new author definitely knows how to write a story readers can't stop turning pages of because of the excitement and humor without the humor becoming too silly. In one point in the story characters talk about sx ed and for that class follow the pregnancy of Donovan's sister Katie. This book is a must read and will become beloved by anyone who has ever felt different (or gifted themselves) or who needs an encouraging story about perseverance. Good job to Gordon Korman!

this book is good for 6+

This book is so good for children because they will know more about babies are born (Trust me you don't wanna tell them personally how they are born) and it will tell them more about how to face the consequences

this book is amazing

I think that its amazing because most kids don't like to read but i think they will like this book because its funny and humorous.

Interesting and Unique

I am a decent reader and this book really interested me into reading more. You can easily visualize the characters thoughts feeling and environment around them and it's very relatable. Ungifted is an easy read for most ages although it has a bit of crude humor and small representations of inappropriate actions like making trouble in school and lifting the teacher's skirt up. Also some sexaul refrecences as in pregencies and sexual education. Other than that it's a fun, quick, different but interesting read.