All member reviews for Vampire Academy

Sexy, mean-girl vampire story has strong language, bullying.

Adult Written byhelsingmusique November 5, 2014

I really loved this book as a teenager

I haven't read it in a few years, but it was a good book, an interesting story. Things were well explained and it was not difficult to get into a book, I think anyone 11 and up can read this book, I mean if I read a lot worse at that age than this. I love reading and this is one of the first book series I really liked, although I do still have to finish the last book of the series. Rose is a very interesting character, it's nice to see that the main focus on the book was not romance which tends to happen with far too many books nowadays and it takes away from the story. There is swearing, but if your child goes to an actual building for school and attends this school with other people, we can assume they've heard worse, usually kids really start picking it up around ten eleven years of age.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLouis91 January 23, 2015

Its very deep.

Its a good book and its VERY relatable to how I think. I dont know about everyone but i can relate to how rose feels which i think is very important in a book. but its very offensive at some points too.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymcashd55 February 18, 2014

Vampire Academy: School For All

This book was absolutely great. I truly enjoyed it. It was different than I had thought it was going to be. I cannot wait to see the movie. A fantastic book. A must read for all vampire crazy teens. This book does have some mature topics like someone using a knife to cut themselves with free will. There is some positive message in this book like friends wanting to protect each other and their loyalty to one another. Other than the few mature topics this book has, it is fine and teens will truly love this very unique vampire book. Theme: One should be willing to sacrifice for the person one loves.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAries March 5, 2014

Vampire academy

This book series is great! It explains the drama of high-school and how to get through it with a fun vampire twist. I found that there wasn't many good role models in this book, considering the fact that to protagonist ran away and drinks to much. But it shows the true nature of friendship and if it's true what it can do, and how important it is and vital to everyone everywhere.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylaura926 February 12, 2014

Loved this series!

After reading Twilight, and being fairly disappointed, I read this Vampire series. It is nothing like the movie and is a great book. Though Rose can be vain occasionally, she is a strong, and confident role model that will do anything for her friends. Her response to teachers and peers can be rude, but is funny. The book have some language, but no consumerism. There is some violence, but not much. If you want a great book about Vampires, I'd read this one!
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2015

Depends

It's a really good book! It just depends on how comfortable you are with reading books with kissing. I'd say it's good for 11 +
Teen, 16 years old Written byVampire2442 June 24, 2015

AWESOME!!

Its not a cheesy vampire story I promise and its for mature 10 year olds because I know couple of ten year olds who are like omg he said a bad word and then there's my sister who watches game of thrones and is mad if a character has sex with the wrong person. so it totally depends.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015