All member reviews for Very LeFreak

Tech addict's story veers from too breezy to overly mature.

Teen, 15 years old Written byjnnfrprtr November 21, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I'm 15 years old. I got this book for free out of a summer reading program. While reading this book, I couldn't help asking myself, "Exactly what age level is this meant to be for?" There is a LOT of foul language, sexual behavior, and drug abuse throughout the entire book; however, it was a great read. The novel has a nice ending (which I won't tell you about (;) and there is a lot to learn. I DON'T recommend using this book for a book report in an English 2 Honors class because it's so hard to find literary devices without sexual remarks. Altogether, this book is a little sketchy for teens but good for 16-17+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBeliefs-Wonder May 1, 2010

Very. . cool name :)

I'm glad they put these problems out in the open for people can tell how wrong they really are. Although some teenagers sometimes feel that there's more of that stuff happening than they thought, so they feel as if they ain't alone and feel more confortable. Cuz when a teen as young as me, or as young as Very has sex, it won't turn out good for them. They'll be worried about being pregnat, what others would think, and they'd feel 'worse' about themselves than they did before, like they're sluts. But they just made bad decisions and need help, ( Note:if a girl or guy brags about 'having sex' at school, you can usually tell they didn't if they brag cuz then they would know exactly what it is and feel more embarresed. ) The author sure used her creativity on this one - i suppose. :) My sisters were a little like Very. . now I haven't a clue where they are, or what they're doing. I hate it when families get split like this, I use to have six siblings, I'm down to two. And none are fully related. I'm just saying I wish people would act more like they care, and hopefully not to give in to pure preasure, cuz it won't make them cool, or 'in' or 'tough' it will mean, and make them weak. Can we get out of this era now? Start acting like we're ALL family? It may seem gay to others, but that must mean they don't know what love is or is afraid of it. Believe me, if a guy or girl wants you to go to bed with them at such an age, even if you knew them for a long time, that is not love, thats cheap scandels. Be better than that, they ain't worth it. I'm just throwing that out to people. . . thanks for reading.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNida Sundrani April 16, 2010

it kinda shows the present circumstances that people may see in their older siblings & will get their at a age so early awareness is much better