Moving portrait of a neglected child.

Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2011
i luv this book :). It was terrific !
Kid, 12 years old May 9, 2011

GREAT BOOK!!! limit to mature 9yo+, though.

all of the book is good... but mommers says shes pregnant w/ pete's baby, references to body parts, and mommers stays at pete's house for a 'little overnighter' and stuff like that, not extreme. I'd say its very well written, and it's easy to read, but I think only mature kids 9+ should read it.
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2010

This book is great for early teens and teens. NOT reccomended for youger children.

This book is wonderful!! There are some language problems and the mother smokes a lot. They do mention some product placement. I dont reccomend this book for kids 11 and under because of these issues. This book also is very sad. It kind of makes you look back at maybe some unfortunate kids/ adults that you know in a different way. :) I hope this helped. Have a blessed day!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 12, 2012

Good, but could be better.

I liked the book. Good for tweenaged girls.
Teen, 14 years old Written byparktonmeow December 8, 2011

waiting for normal..awesome!!

i think that the book waiting for normal is an awesome book and i think really anybody can read it...and that her mother is a good role model of what NOT to do and Dwight is just an amazing father
Teen, 13 years old Written byAthena Keene May 6, 2011

One of the best book ive read. made me cry. will -for sure touch your heart.

Hi again (wow im so on here today). Anyway this book will forever hold a place in my heart. I feel so much for the characters and i just really loved it. I also think i loved it 'casue i can re-late. This story of a emtional, smart, brave, independant girl will touch your heart and make you stop and think for a moment about how blessed you are. How evryday is a gift and no matter how much [email protected] goes on in your life- there is always another day to move on.
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2014

Great, educational book

I think this book is going to educate families on the fact that some people are neglectful and that is usually because of hard times or loss of money or something that meant a lot to them. This book hooks you in the beginning and you will stay hooked throughout. The main character in this book, Addie, goes through many hard times that many kids can relate to. This book is really inspiring, and I think you will definitely enjoy it if you do try it out.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymcashd55 January 2, 2014

A Very Normal Book

This book is fantastic. I have read it a few times and I think there is absolutely nothing in this book that is not very inappropriate. Maybe the theme and the concept might be a bit hard for younger kids but maybe with some help they would understand it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYammie September 6, 2011

The Best Book Yet

at first i didn't want to read the book. but after i started i couldn't stop. i don't recommend this book for young kids 12 and under because i think they wont get the concept of the book
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookwormwriter August 21, 2011

A Good Book

I really liked this book. It had some parts that got too slow and boring, but for the most part it was really good. My parents are really overprotective, and this book showed me how it COULD be. I liked how it didn't just tell a story, but it showed into the main character's mind. It was really good, and it's just the type of book I love. Happy reading! :)
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2011

Waiting for Normal

This book is very good and i tell my friends to read this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byleighsiler October 31, 2014

Great book!

Waiting for normal is a inspiring book for kids across ages. I would highly recommend this book for a few reasons, from the point of view of a 10 year old this book is a good one that covers some hard topics such as: divorce, cancer, abandonment, and some smoking. For younger kids it would be easier to understand and enjoy from the way that Connors writes. For older kids it is still an amazing story, that you learn and grow with. Going through the ups and downs of Addie's life( Addie is the main character ) you will be sad to finish the book, wishing you could curl up in bed and escape into her adventure and stories for one more night.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover March 4, 2012

A+++++

It was sad but so great.......there's a lot of "girl" stuff though.
Parent Written bymkoko August 1, 2011

couldn't put it down

I read this to my little girl and we both loved it! This book and Bridge to Terribithia remind me of my own childhood. I found Bridge to Terribithia as a child and felt better that i wasn't the "only one" who moved around a lot and dealt with losing people close to me as a consequence of moving a lot. This book would have been even better for me when i was a kid. When I finished the book I asked my little girl, "Are you waiting for normal?" fortunately she said no :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byemmer May 29, 2011

Great Book!

This is a Great book! i am older and it was still an amazing book!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoodle246 January 19, 2011

terrible book

hate it
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2016

Great book!

I can understand why some people are saying that you should be 11 and up but I read this book when I was 8 and again when I was 10. I understood most of the book when I was 8, but when I read it again when I was 10 I got more details. I think 8 year olds can handle readding this book. It was a book at the top of the charts.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytlcsarab October 31, 2014
This book was a great read. I found the writing very realistic and it's a nice example of quality literature in both word choice and story line. I loved how well Conner conveyed the emotions of Addie (the main character) to the reader. I would recommended this book for mature readers because some of the content may not be appropriate for younger children.
Adult Written byJasmine77 January 19, 2016
Great book! I recommend you reading this blog.. http://booksbyashley.simpl.com/book_review_1.html