All member reviews for Warriors series

Cat clans mirror human issues in popular series.

Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2014

Warriors

This is really a good series, but in the last book, there is a lot of violence, even though only meant to be interesting. I would recommend for 5th graders.
Teen, 13 years old Written byapollo. March 11, 2014

great book series! Must read

This book series is amazing, as a 13 year old girl I still love it, this book does have a lot of violence, and sometimes cats die, but there's no gore whatsoever. The book series can get insanely sad, if you are sensitive it will probably make you depressed, but the story line is so amazing, it makes up for it. The original arc is amazing, and after that the series goes downhill, but is still really good. This book tells a lot about healing herbs, many which can be used in real life. The main character (Firepaw) shows anything is possible, and if you work to achieve your dream you can achieve it. The messages are good, and this is an amazing book, I recommend it for everyone.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2013

An Amazing Series But Meant for Kids Who Can Handle Bloody and Gore-Like Scenes

The warrior cats series is an amazing series that takes you into the world of cats that live divided into four clans. Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan and Shadowclan. While these books provide the reader with adventures and quests that the main characters go on through, it also involves much drama and violence. It is almost a soap opera for cats! Personally, I believe this series is meant for kids 11 and under, or anyone that can handle bloody and gore-like scenes throughout the books. Cats have mates and give birth to kits, yet no sex is mentioned to be in the process. There is no cussing involved, just cat-like insults such as mouse-brain and fox-dung. In each book, I'd say there are two or more violent scenes. While this series is meant to go on for many years, there are also series Seekers Bears and Survivors Dogs. Erin Hunter is a great author and once you read her books, it's almost impossible to stop! Happy reading! :)
Educator Written bytoody February 6, 2013

Newby to these books!!

i never heard of this series or the individual books. I am a high school librarian. It is always harder to find books for boys. I did look at the trailer. Looks interesting!!
Adult Written byFlufballs January 7, 2015

Amazing

Hello readers, You may think that warriors is a gory book with all sorts of guts and blood, but once you get into it it's about cats trying to survive and I thing it is appropriate for a 7+ child! The good thing about this book is that it is for children and teenagers, and meaning they will not grow out of it. Written by crystal collinge y6
Adult Written byKcslovesnutella June 7, 2015

Love it!

It is such a great series! Nice role models, interesting plotline, and a great book whatsoever! They have battles with blood, some dying, but i dont think its too harsh. I am a 10 year old girl, and i think its a fantastic novel series!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrayfeather October 6, 2014

Warriors Reviews

Warriors is a gorgeously crafted series that spans over different time periods and covers the lives of many characters. From all the way to the Dawn of the Clans to the Omen of the Stars, Warriors has more than forty to fiftyish books and still counting. I started reading this series in 2009 when The Sight came out, and I am now sixteen and still an avid reader. From my viewpoint this is a very addictive series: it is like my entire life. When I'm not with my friends or doing homework, I am either reading or writing about Warriors. This series and the authors inspired me to become a writer and if the Hunters ever stop writing, I'll see if I can continue it. Anyway, this series is good for a lot of ages because for little kids, it is about a bunch of cats running around and living their lives, but for me, as a teenager, it is much more than that. The characters are given such profound personification that I am often calling them people. People, including my parents, always question me for reading a book about quote 'kitty-cats' so I handed my mom the first book in the entire series, Into the Wild, and made her read it. She read it in two days and she found a new respect for the books. Now she engages me in conversations about the series. Although, there are some graphic things such as throats being torn and such, most kids don't really pay attention to those parts. When I was younger, I just enjoyed reading about Fireheart and Graystripe and their crazy adventures. But now, I love their world and relish in the idea of it. If I had the chance to experience their world, I would take it so that I could see what it is like to truly be a warrior, or in my case, a medicine cat.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2014

Some violence, but good.

This series of books follows Rusty, a kittypet-turned-warrior. Some scenes are graphic. (Wounds, deaths etc.) But I have read the books since I was 11, and loved them.
Kid, 9 years old April 17, 2014
LEARNING

The Best Cat Series EVER!

I think this is a great book and I would recommend it to seven and up. Just to inform you, it is not about lost kittens trying to find a new home. It is about 4 clans of cats who fight and hunt for their needs to survive. If you are a fan of kittens or cats, and you burst into tears when you read about a cat who dies, then you should not read the series because a bunch of cats die in it. Remember to read each prologue before you start reading the chapters and read the books in order. There are five series that you can read, but the fourth and fifth series are just comics. After you finish one series, expect changes and dead cats from the last book that you finished. There are lots of battles but it is not the violence that would not be bad for 6 year olds, but there is a lot of blood, too. I would TOTALLY recommend this series!
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2013

Awesome Book

It has a lot of books in the series. It is continuing to be amazing. There is some violence, scratching, blood, and death. But the kittens are really cute! There is a chance there might be a movie about this, I mean it would be awesome if it was a movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2013

One of the greatest book series I've ever read.

I started reading Warriors when I was in 2nd grade, and ever since been addicted. It's stories are shown in the eyes of a cat, for example, a human would be called a "two-leg" or a car would be called a "monster", described with glowing eyes (headlights) and round paws (wheels). They are great stories of cats in clans who fight other clans for territory, rank, and food. The main character is Firestar, who is like a messiah and has a strong connection with StarClan (the clan equivalent to heaven, or the godly realms, etc. Cats in StarClan are able to bring dreams, visions, or messages to cats with strong connections to them). It has minor violence (if you consider blood and gashing wounds minor). The writing can be a little graphic at times, but it goes no farther than deep bleeding cuts in description, and luckily has no pictures in the entire book. It can emotionally effect you, with heart-warming, sympathetic, sad or successful scenes. I recommend it for anybody who loves adventure and interesting plots. And no, it's not for kids, I've met adults who love the show.
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2013

Thrilling, but very violent

It is a great series but you would not want your cat let alone kid act like this, there is a lot of sexual content in the second series, it is fantastic capturing and I am a huge fan, but the violence is very strong, seriously, The Last Hope and The Darkest Hour are PG 13 worthy,
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2013

Goof

Warrior Cats is my FAVORITE books series. I don't think it's good for younger kids or those who don't handle violence too well. It isn't very graphic, but violent. My favorite character would be Jayfeather, his first appearance is the Sight. (but in the first book I didn't care for him because he seemed too grumpy. Most often when I take personality tests with him in it, I score him.
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2013

Kinda Good I Guess...

I read these when I was 9 and I liked them but they are kinda dark and slow. A lot of this book is in the cat's thoughts. It is also kinda violent because some cats kill other cats when they fight in "wars" over territory, and the battles are pretty nasty but not very vivid and gory.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAllyGalaxias February 6, 2016

Best book series ever! A must-read for 10 and up

I am on the second volume of warriors and I think that it is a very good series, all I can really say without spoiling it is that it is amazing and it involves cats. <3 Read it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymgrain January 3, 2016

It's right in that middle zone

Okay, I don't want to make a long paragraph, so let's do it list style. -It's violent, but in that case, the rating age should just be raised. I think it's no more violent than Divergent, Hunger Games, and Maze Runner. -It could be used as an easy way to explain current issues in the world to sensitive or younger children. -I personally feel like it's a Watership Down type story that represents human politics in an animal setting and I find it very interesting. -I don't think it's weird that it's about cats, it's a really fascinating and exciting series and nobody should be discouraged from reading it. -The characters are easy to follow and fall in love with. -I think that if they actually had it aimed for a YA audience or teen that it would be really fitting. I think if they added some real cuss words, teens would read it more, too. It's right in that middle zone. Too violent for kids, too safe for older teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTripCandle November 30, 2015

LOVE!!!

I love this series and am sooo excited for Erin Hunter's new warrior series installment: A Vision Of Shadows. So happy, so excited! It's a little violent and shouldn't be for kids under eight or nine. Some even have hints at adult subjects, but they aren't inappropriate.
Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2015

exciting, expecting, wars

I think that WARRIORS is a adventurous book and a 7, 8, or 9 year old might like it but it normally has the same ends. It has a lot about spirits and wars and deaths and expeditions and traitors but it isn't that scary in all. 6 year olds might find it to be too scary with all the death scenes and it might be too confusing for them. It's a good choice for a 8 year old.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySparrowleaf October 26, 2015

Warrior Cats

I am 13 and reaad the first book when i was 7. My parents believed it was a childrens book however when i read a chapter about a young blind kitten being snatched from his mother by an eagle, as well as one of the characters bloody deaths during childbirth did not finnish the book. I picked it up a year later but was horrified by another death and proceeded to ignore the books entirely till i was 10. Since then i thoroughly enjoyed the book, however i still flinched with the amazing description of battles, and deaths of key characters. Now however i really enjoy the books, and am able to read through brutal deaths. The book is not explicit in animal mating, however there are numerous references to birth of kittens. If you are sensitive to animal cruelty and cats then stay away from this book until you are mature enough to read it. In my opinion if the characters were humans instead of cats with the same amount of violence this would be an adults book. But if children can understand that cats do indeed have many fights, and are not to sensitive on the subject of death (as there may be numerous brutal deaths of key characters) and children are mature enough to read about mothers killing there sons and daughters doing the same. (Felines of course) as well as the strong subject of revenge and war then for this series. The story itself is great and the Erin Hunter team captures yourn imagination, and gets your adrenalin pumping as the detail and description is amazing. Not to mention the fact that every evil character has a neueral side!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLolly211 October 18, 2015

Just some parts you might wanna talk about

I think that this is a great book but one thing you should watch out for is when a cat is giving birth and the kit comes out in a sac other than that its awesome ☺