All member reviews for Warriors series

Cat clans mirror human issues in popular series.

Educator Written bytoody February 6, 2013

Newby to these books!!

i never heard of this series or the individual books. I am a high school librarian. It is always harder to find books for boys. I did look at the trailer. Looks interesting!!
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2014

Warriors

This is really a good series, but in the last book, there is a lot of violence, even though only meant to be interesting. I would recommend for 5th graders.
Teen, 13 years old Written byapollo. March 11, 2014

great book series! Must read

This book series is amazing, as a 13 year old girl I still love it, this book does have a lot of violence, and sometimes cats die, but there's no gore whatsoever. The book series can get insanely sad, if you are sensitive it will probably make you depressed, but the story line is so amazing, it makes up for it. The original arc is amazing, and after that the series goes downhill, but is still really good. This book tells a lot about healing herbs, many which can be used in real life. The main character (Firepaw) shows anything is possible, and if you work to achieve your dream you can achieve it. The messages are good, and this is an amazing book, I recommend it for everyone.
Adult Written byTDSplays August 9, 2015

Ok for Tweens

I read this book a few years back, and I reread it a few days ago. Now, when I was younger, I loved these books, but when I read it again, I don't understand how I could've liked these books! They're slow, and frankly a bit disappointing for people expecting an action-packed adventure. I think the authors had a good idea in their minds, but it just was a flop. I mean, rogue cats with nine lives living in different "clans" in different parts of the woods? Seriously? There are some good role models, but cats go against clan rules and have kittens with other cats from different clans. There is some violence, in fact, (SPOILER ALERT!!!) one of the main characters dies at the end of the FIFTH book. Cat lovers might not be able to handle that, being there's much more.
Adult Written byKcslovesnutella June 7, 2015

Love it!

It is such a great series! Nice role models, interesting plotline, and a great book whatsoever! They have battles with blood, some dying, but i dont think its too harsh. I am a 10 year old girl, and i think its a fantastic novel series!
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2013

An Amazing Series But Meant for Kids Who Can Handle Bloody and Gore-Like Scenes

The warrior cats series is an amazing series that takes you into the world of cats that live divided into four clans. Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan and Shadowclan. While these books provide the reader with adventures and quests that the main characters go on through, it also involves much drama and violence. It is almost a soap opera for cats! Personally, I believe this series is meant for kids 11 and under, or anyone that can handle bloody and gore-like scenes throughout the books. Cats have mates and give birth to kits, yet no sex is mentioned to be in the process. There is no cussing involved, just cat-like insults such as mouse-brain and fox-dung. In each book, I'd say there are two or more violent scenes. While this series is meant to go on for many years, there are also series Seekers Bears and Survivors Dogs. Erin Hunter is a great author and once you read her books, it's almost impossible to stop! Happy reading! :)
Parent Written byXxConcernedParentXx January 24, 2015

I love these books

Great Books, now cats do have mates in these books and I know "Sharing Tounges" Does sound wrong But its them GROOMING each other which most cats that dont hate each other do. I learned things from these books It turns out Thyme does calm you down! Ok they fight but its called WARRIOR CATS Yes people die yes they get wounded. Silverstream died a horrible death but there was a backstory I reccomend waiting till about 10 years old im 13 and still read them. Secret romances there is nothing wrong with that besides them being disloyal but come on ITS A BOOK
Adult Written byFlufballs January 7, 2015

Amazing

Hello readers, You may think that warriors is a gory book with all sorts of guts and blood, but once you get into it it's about cats trying to survive and I thing it is appropriate for a 7+ child! The good thing about this book is that it is for children and teenagers, and meaning they will not grow out of it. Written by crystal collinge y6
Kid, 9 years old October 26, 2014

Perfect

i love it!!!! i suggest if you dont like reading this is the best book for you. It shows friendship and courage!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrayfeather October 6, 2014

Warriors Reviews

Warriors is a gorgeously crafted series that spans over different time periods and covers the lives of many characters. From all the way to the Dawn of the Clans to the Omen of the Stars, Warriors has more than forty to fiftyish books and still counting. I started reading this series in 2009 when The Sight came out, and I am now sixteen and still an avid reader. From my viewpoint this is a very addictive series: it is like my entire life. When I'm not with my friends or doing homework, I am either reading or writing about Warriors. This series and the authors inspired me to become a writer and if the Hunters ever stop writing, I'll see if I can continue it. Anyway, this series is good for a lot of ages because for little kids, it is about a bunch of cats running around and living their lives, but for me, as a teenager, it is much more than that. The characters are given such profound personification that I am often calling them people. People, including my parents, always question me for reading a book about quote 'kitty-cats' so I handed my mom the first book in the entire series, Into the Wild, and made her read it. She read it in two days and she found a new respect for the books. Now she engages me in conversations about the series. Although, there are some graphic things such as throats being torn and such, most kids don't really pay attention to those parts. When I was younger, I just enjoyed reading about Fireheart and Graystripe and their crazy adventures. But now, I love their world and relish in the idea of it. If I had the chance to experience their world, I would take it so that I could see what it is like to truly be a warrior, or in my case, a medicine cat.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamtheNerd June 18, 2016

Awful Books, Waste of Time

This series is really awful. The writing quality is terrible, the plot is repetitive and goes nowhere, and the characters are unrelatable and violent. Do not, I repeat DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD READ THESE BOOKS! They go on forever, and take up time that your child should use reading literature that is even a little beneficial. They literally teach your child nothing. They are designed to be a money pit, and are constantly churned out by "Erin Hunter", which is a pseudenym for, not four esteemed authors, but four monkeys left alone in a room with a typewriter. In addition, the series is definitely not suitable for children. If it were a movie, it would be rated R. A cat is ripped open from collar to tail, and it's entrails are strewn everywhere, according to the first series, last book. Also, it is mildly suggestive. This review is very innacurate, I am unhappily surprised that this website, which is usually very accurate, gave such a poor review.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLolly211 October 18, 2015

Just some parts you might wanna talk about

I think that this is a great book but one thing you should watch out for is when a cat is giving birth and the kit comes out in a sac other than that its awesome ☺
Teen, 17 years old Written byTrophonix October 10, 2015

Amazing book with really deep themes

At face value, Warriors is a book for children about some cats in the forest, and for the most part, I suppose that is fair. A child can read these books and get a good deal out of the books. However, I strongly suggest reading them when you're a teenager, because these books have a lot more than you might think to them. Very interesting and enjoyable, and the characters are developed really well. They are quite violent, though. There is a lot of ripping of throats and broken legs and such.
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2015

An awesome series, but mind the violent deaths.

This book series is very interesting, and teaches kids about believing in yourself, teamwork, and loyalty. However, there's a lot of violent and sad deaths. One character gets killed in one slash to the belly and blood spurts out everywhere. The cats in the series don't use real profanity, they only use words like: Mousebrain, Kittypet, etc etc. There has been a few uses of words like idiot or stupid, but your child can handle it. If you have read the entire Harry Potter series to your child, then you can read the whole Warriors series too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKyleBroflovski June 11, 2015

Mediocrely Written, Extremely Entertaining

Warrior Cats tells the thrilling adventures of Rusty the kittypet as he grows up in a Clan full of wild cats. There are multiple series in total, for example 'The New Prophecy' tells the tales of a whole new generation of cats (Including Firestar's (Rusty's) two daughters and Tigerclaw (The villain's) son. War, love and survival are common themes displayed in the books. I've been reading these novels since I was nine. I have completed all of them, but I do believe I have outgrown the themes of the books. The writing is not the best, but that's what you'll get out of something made for younger audiences. It does keep you entertained, so if you're going for something to pike your interests then this is the book for you. If you're looking for something to undress and study, then this may not be the thing for you as it is quite shallow in regards to depth of character and plot. Ideas could get bland and overused, for example there is always some sort of forbidden love between two cats. There was also a lot of intense fighting scenes, so for children who do not want to see cats throats being torn open or stakes being driven into their throats then this is not something you should pick up! Overall, an entertaining book but one that could've been better.
Teen, 13 years old Written byj̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅... March 19, 2015

the best book ever

a great cat adventure for really any age. Keeps me engaged for hours and their are many books that you could read. Its a good book for when you need to relax and get into something to waste time.
Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2014

Amazing.

It helps children realize the struggle of real animals in the wild, has moving messages, and some role models. I started reading on February 2014, when I was 9. However, the characters battle quite a bit, and it can get pretty bloody.
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2014

JUST THE BEST

I highly recommend this series to anyone 10+. Yes, it is based on cats, but it is anything but childish.
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2014

Great Book

Great book. Can be sad if a character dies. I think kids eight and up can read this. Iffy for 7 year olds.
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2014

Absolutely Amazing!! My all-time favorite books!!

I absolutely love love love love warriors!!!!!!! It follows the adventures of 4 groups of cats who live in a forest. It's a very long (and still ongoing) so it might take a person a long time to finish this series. It can get pretty violent and graphic, but it's fine for an 11 year old to handle. I really really recommend these books!!!!!