All member reviews for Warriors series

Cat clans mirror human issues in popular series.

Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2013

Great series, it became popular outta nowhere

No duh darkest hour is disturbing!
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2013

Scourge always scared the lunch out of me...

This is a great series, but darkest hour always TERRIFIED me scourge, augggghhhhh I love how this series mirrors human issues and it does have mating but nothing too bad
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2013

Thrilling, but very violent

It is a great series but you would not want your cat let alone kid act like this, there is a lot of sexual content in the second series, it is fantastic capturing and I am a huge fan, but the violence is very strong, seriously, The Last Hope and The Darkest Hour are PG 13 worthy,
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2013

An Amazing Series But Meant for Kids Who Can Handle Bloody and Gore-Like Scenes

The warrior cats series is an amazing series that takes you into the world of cats that live divided into four clans. Thunderclan, Windclan, Riverclan and Shadowclan. While these books provide the reader with adventures and quests that the main characters go on through, it also involves much drama and violence. It is almost a soap opera for cats! Personally, I believe this series is meant for kids 11 and under, or anyone that can handle bloody and gore-like scenes throughout the books. Cats have mates and give birth to kits, yet no sex is mentioned to be in the process. There is no cussing involved, just cat-like insults such as mouse-brain and fox-dung. In each book, I'd say there are two or more violent scenes. While this series is meant to go on for many years, there are also series Seekers Bears and Survivors Dogs. Erin Hunter is a great author and once you read her books, it's almost impossible to stop! Happy reading! :)
Kid, 8 years old June 9, 2013

okay if at least 8

these books are the best they are awesome if don't like than you don't like fantasty and adventure very good and adventures happen alot you gotta love these books also try seekers these books are great know bad words at all and i'm pretty you but ive read the hunger games so compared to that like super good like no vilonse there are battles and some cats die i say at least be 8 okay.
Parent Written byXxConcernedParentXx January 24, 2015

I love these books

Great Books, now cats do have mates in these books and I know "Sharing Tounges" Does sound wrong But its them GROOMING each other which most cats that dont hate each other do. I learned things from these books It turns out Thyme does calm you down! Ok they fight but its called WARRIOR CATS Yes people die yes they get wounded. Silverstream died a horrible death but there was a backstory I reccomend waiting till about 10 years old im 13 and still read them. Secret romances there is nothing wrong with that besides them being disloyal but come on ITS A BOOK
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2015

Purrfect Books

Do you love cats? Do you love adventure, battle and mystery? Then you'll love the Warrior Cat series! It has been being written since 2003 and still going strong with many fans. There are currently five series of Warrior Cats, with series five just over halfway finished. Each series consists of six books, and usually each series has a different viewpoint or set of viewpoints. (With series 3 and 4 being the exceptions, though series 4 had about 3 new viewpoints and I think it had about one less viewpoint than in series 3) In series one, we meet Rusty/Firepaw/Fireheart/Firestar. Rusty is a kittypet, which means a pet cat, who lives with Twolegs, that means humans. He is fascinated with the outside and is desperate to go into the wild and hunt. He goes outside and meets Greypaw, Lionheart and Bluestar, and decides to become a wildcat and join their Clan, ThunderClan. By the end of the first series, Rusty, now Firestar, has showed his loyalty countless times, and has been awarded with becoming leader of ThunderClan. Like most books, series one has the hero, Firestar, the hero's sidekick, Greystripe, the hero's crush, Sandstorm and the villain, Tigerstar! However there are lots of twists and turns and Tigerstar isn't the only threat lurking in the forest! After that, we meet even more characters: there's everything, death, love, journey, religion. Also, series five, my favourite, is the prequel series. There is a fair bit of gore, and there is a also kit birthing and situations with love playing a big part in the series. However, mature kids will be addicted to this fantastic, imaginative books!
Adult Written byFlufballs January 7, 2015

Amazing

Hello readers, You may think that warriors is a gory book with all sorts of guts and blood, but once you get into it it's about cats trying to survive and I thing it is appropriate for a 7+ child! The good thing about this book is that it is for children and teenagers, and meaning they will not grow out of it. Written by crystal collinge y6
Kid, 11 years old December 26, 2014

A wonderful read, but watch out for violence.

Warriors is a thrilling tale of feral cats surviving among each other in the wilderness. They live by a noble warrior code under the guidance of their leader and their starry ancestors, and must hunt, fight, and protect their borders to maintain the peace. Journey with the main Clan - ThunderClan - through countless adventures, battles, and mysterious prophecies. Once you start reading, you won't be able to stop. Literally. There must be over 50 books now, and they're still making more. However, the fights and battles can be bloody, but only the major ones ever get too descriptive. Cats are killed or run over by monsters (their word for cars) and more, sometimes once or twice in every book. Beware especially the big, final battle between the good guys and the bad guys in the end of the final arc of the series (Omen Of The Stars: The Last Hope). Some cat deaths may be tear-jerkers - especially in the Super Editions Bluestar's Prophecy and Crookedstar's Promise. It can be surprisingly violent. The sex is not an issue. Cats purr to one another, compliment each other and express their feelings. They will lick each other (in a friendly, grooming way). Some forbidden relationships are thrown in for drama, and in one instance a she-cat dies in the process of birth (the kittens make it out fine, though). Most of the cats are good role models as well, but some of the more intense villains may be a little frightening or macbre for little kids, but kids 10+ should be able to handle it. Another warning - although this one is not as important: the books slowly go downhill after the first, original arc of the series. The character development is thrown off-balance, if not lost altogether in some characters. The plots rely more on forbidden relationships and omens from StarClan for drama, as well as more fights. Eventually, we get to the point where it seems like the authors get carried away, in creating multiple ancestral tribes (StarClan, the good guys, Dark Forest, the bad guys, the Ancients, long-ago cats, and the Tribe of Endless Hunting, ancestors to another tribe of cats), giving cats special powers, allowing one cat to even time-travel in essence, allowing cats who have already died and now reside in one of the above ancestor tribes to be killed again - even by other dead cats, and so on. It gets a little out of hand and becomes annoying. But please, stick with these books. They have their good moments, and if you get hooked, you'll have plenty more to read and continue the adventures of the Clans with!
Adult Written byshawnv December 23, 2014

Overreacting!

This site is dumb
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpeckledDeer November 9, 2014

Great series!

This is a great series! I love it! I'd say probably best for 10 and up, maybe 9 if you're a little more mature. There is a LOT of violence! Cat fights involving tons of blood, death, etc. There are usually good morals and messages that make up for it, though. No sex really, though cats do get pregnant but the reasons are never mentioned, except for things like "it was an accident".
Kid, 9 years old October 26, 2014

Perfect

i love it!!!! i suggest if you dont like reading this is the best book for you. It shows friendship and courage!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2014

Amazing

I've read all of the first, second, third, and fourth series in less than half a year. AWESOME
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2014

JUST THE BEST

I highly recommend this series to anyone 10+. Yes, it is based on cats, but it is anything but childish.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGrayfeather October 6, 2014

Warriors Reviews

Warriors is a gorgeously crafted series that spans over different time periods and covers the lives of many characters. From all the way to the Dawn of the Clans to the Omen of the Stars, Warriors has more than forty to fiftyish books and still counting. I started reading this series in 2009 when The Sight came out, and I am now sixteen and still an avid reader. From my viewpoint this is a very addictive series: it is like my entire life. When I'm not with my friends or doing homework, I am either reading or writing about Warriors. This series and the authors inspired me to become a writer and if the Hunters ever stop writing, I'll see if I can continue it. Anyway, this series is good for a lot of ages because for little kids, it is about a bunch of cats running around and living their lives, but for me, as a teenager, it is much more than that. The characters are given such profound personification that I am often calling them people. People, including my parents, always question me for reading a book about quote 'kitty-cats' so I handed my mom the first book in the entire series, Into the Wild, and made her read it. She read it in two days and she found a new respect for the books. Now she engages me in conversations about the series. Although, there are some graphic things such as throats being torn and such, most kids don't really pay attention to those parts. When I was younger, I just enjoyed reading about Fireheart and Graystripe and their crazy adventures. But now, I love their world and relish in the idea of it. If I had the chance to experience their world, I would take it so that I could see what it is like to truly be a warrior, or in my case, a medicine cat.
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2014

Great Book

Great book. Can be sad if a character dies. I think kids eight and up can read this. Iffy for 7 year olds.
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2014

Absolutely Amazing!! My all-time favorite books!!

I absolutely love love love love warriors!!!!!!! It follows the adventures of 4 groups of cats who live in a forest. It's a very long (and still ongoing) so it might take a person a long time to finish this series. It can get pretty violent and graphic, but it's fine for an 11 year old to handle. I really really recommend these books!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFluffyOreo August 18, 2014

AMAZING but highly gory

This is a must read series! It's about wild cats that are in Clans and have wars and stuff. Pretty interesting! But very dark and VERY BLOODY. Do not read it if you have a weak heart. There are 5 series that you HAVE to follow so it's kinda confusing with the books. The characters are lovable and the villains are kick butt! The cat world has gotten more interesting and I start to like cats a little bit more. Yellowfang is my favorite of the books! Too bad she died! :(
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2014

Great series, but cat lovers might be a little sensitive

Great series, I started reading it when I was 9, and I was glued to it. I still read it today! At it's heart, it's about four clans of cats who struggle to survive, against droughts, famine and even each other. There are some pretty gruesome battle scenes, and cats are hurt, sometimes killed, but it doesn't always happen. Some cats have some relationships, and sometimes have kits, but there's nothing bad. There are swears, but they are more cat-like, for example, "Mouse-Brain", or "Fox-Dung". Also, there aren't any drugs, but there are herbs that act as drugs, for when they're kitting, when they're traveling or for if they're sick. all-in-all, it's a great series who cat lovers and others who aren't sensitive will absolutely LOVE!
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2014

Some violence, but good.

This series of books follows Rusty, a kittypet-turned-warrior. Some scenes are graphic. (Wounds, deaths etc.) But I have read the books since I was 11, and loved them.