All member reviews for Warriors series

Cat clans mirror human issues in popular series.

Adult Written byshawnv December 23, 2014

Overreacting!

This site is dumb
Kid, 9 years old October 26, 2014

Perfect

i love it!!!! i suggest if you dont like reading this is the best book for you. It shows friendship and courage!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2014

Amazing.

It helps children realize the struggle of real animals in the wild, has moving messages, and some role models. I started reading on February 2014, when I was 9. However, the characters battle quite a bit, and it can get pretty bloody.
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2014

JUST THE BEST

I highly recommend this series to anyone 10+. Yes, it is based on cats, but it is anything but childish.
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2014

Great Book

Great book. Can be sad if a character dies. I think kids eight and up can read this. Iffy for 7 year olds.
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2014

Absolutely Amazing!! My all-time favorite books!!

I absolutely love love love love warriors!!!!!!! It follows the adventures of 4 groups of cats who live in a forest. It's a very long (and still ongoing) so it might take a person a long time to finish this series. It can get pretty violent and graphic, but it's fine for an 11 year old to handle. I really really recommend these books!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFluffyOreo August 18, 2014

AMAZING but highly gory

This is a must read series! It's about wild cats that are in Clans and have wars and stuff. Pretty interesting! But very dark and VERY BLOODY. Do not read it if you have a weak heart. There are 5 series that you HAVE to follow so it's kinda confusing with the books. The characters are lovable and the villains are kick butt! The cat world has gotten more interesting and I start to like cats a little bit more. Yellowfang is my favorite of the books! Too bad she died! :(
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2014

Great series, but cat lovers might be a little sensitive

Great series, I started reading it when I was 9, and I was glued to it. I still read it today! At it's heart, it's about four clans of cats who struggle to survive, against droughts, famine and even each other. There are some pretty gruesome battle scenes, and cats are hurt, sometimes killed, but it doesn't always happen. Some cats have some relationships, and sometimes have kits, but there's nothing bad. There are swears, but they are more cat-like, for example, "Mouse-Brain", or "Fox-Dung". Also, there aren't any drugs, but there are herbs that act as drugs, for when they're kitting, when they're traveling or for if they're sick. all-in-all, it's a great series who cat lovers and others who aren't sensitive will absolutely LOVE!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkactiveblue146 July 16, 2014

A very enjoyable series!

Definitely an action-packed series. It is mainly about Clan cats, the problems they face, and what they do to tackle them. Just in case you were wondering, this series is not the least bit boring! There is a lot of suspense and tension, as well as battles and sometimes unexpected/forbidden relationships... If you can you should read the books in order, at least start with "Into The Wild" otherwise some of it can be very confusing! I recommend these books to anyone who loves to read and are in at least 5th (possibly 4th) grade. Despite the age rating I gave I think these books can be fine for 9 to 11 year olds, but you have to keep in mind the maturity, sensitivity and reading level of the child. I suggest that you read the books yourself before deciding to give it to your child to read.... Anyway, the warriors books are superb and I hope they always will be!
Teen, 13 years old Written byWebkinzEvelyn January 9, 2014

BEST BOOK SERIES EVER!!

Great book series! I am on the 3rd book! It is the best book series ever! I mean it is awesome! I love it so much! It's so awesome! You will love it! I have never read the Harry Potter series but I imagine it will be good because I love the harry potter movies! This series is amazing! They need to make some anime movie out of it or something! It will be awesome! Oh I know I can make one when I grow up and tell people to animate and go to art class and demonstrate how to draw anime the right way and look at the designs from the book and make it looks similar. I will also have the movies be really popular sort of like the harry potter and hunger games franchise! So it will be really good with awesome effects and make it look very good and hopefully it gets a theatrical release because if it does then I will be amazed because I am creative and smart! :)
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2013

One of the best book series out there.

This series is addicting. I swear, once you pick up one of these books, you're not going to put it down until you are finished. There are plenty of positive role models. (Even though I tend to prefer the not-so-positive ones.) The books are pretty violent, but the deaths are not described in too much detail.
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2013

Warrior cats is inspiring

Ahem im going to copy and paste a poem a reader of warrior cats made. So beautyful. Perfect, that's what my mother called me Only when I was Stormkit, born under a tree Now, I'd give anything for my mother to love me It shatters my heart to see her flee My only flaw Was my crooked jaw And now I have to say If I could change something that day I'd do it fast without delay Cats stare They mock They give me horrified looks Does this bother me? No, I don't care about how I look! They tease They make fun! But do I care? No! I am Crookedstar! Next. Warriors Fan Oath I'll remember Brightheart, When I see a scar one someones face. I will think of WindClan, Every time I win a race. I'll remember Silverstream, When I see a young mother. I'll remember Violet, When I worry about my brother. I will remember Goosefeather, When nobody believes me. I will think of Scourge, When someone's teased for being tiny. I'll remember Mothwing, When I find it hard to believe. I'll be reminded of Princess, When I see someone, who seems naive. I'll always think of Heathertail, When someone wants to be 'just 'just friends'. I will think of StarClan, When I am near the end I will think of Tawnypelt, Whenever I feel judged. I will think of Darkstripe, When somebody holds a grudge. I promise to remember Cinderheart When I climb a tree. I'll remember Midnight, Whenever I'm at sea. I'll remember Leafpool, When I must follow my heart. I will think of Hollyleaf, If I ever fall apart. I'll remember Brambleclaw, When I must prove myself. I'll remember Spottedleaf, When I'm suffering from bad health. I'll remember Lionblaze, When I am feeling strong. I'll remember Tigerstar, If I choose the path that's wrong. I'll remember Dovewing, When I hear of something far away. I'll remember Cloudtail, When a kitten catches their first prey. I'll remember Bluestar, I'll remember Bluestar, Whenever I must choose. I'll remember Crowfeather, When the one I love, I loose. Feathertail will be in my mind, Whenever I must be brave. And I'll remember The Tribe, When I'm in a cave. I'll remember Ashfur When somebody breaks my heart. I'll remember Barley, When me and my siblings are far apart. I'll remember Ivypool, When I try to be the best. I'll remember Firestar, When my loyalty's put to the test. I'll remember Crookedstar, If someone abandons me. I'll remember Ravenpaw, If I ever have to flee. I'll remember Jayfeather, When I have a strange dream. I'll think of Cherrytail and Sparrowpelt, Whenever I eat cream. I'll always think of Cinderpelt, When my leg is sore. I'll remember Longtail, When I can see no more. I'll remember the many battles, When I see conflict or strife. I promise to remember all these cats, For the rest of my life. Yeah, I didn't do this.
Kid, 10 years old December 9, 2013

Good but alot of violence

I personally love Warriors, I own all of the guides and books up to the last in the Power of Three, but it can get pretty creepy in some parts. There is a lot of blood and death that might be frightening for children under 10. There is some very graphic deaths, ( Slashed necks, bleeding to death, crushed, hit by cars, getting stabbed repeatedly in the neck with a wooden stake then falling into a lake and dying. *cough cough* HawkFrost *cough*) and other things. (Getting tails cut off by fox traps BerryNose) So if you can handle blood and death of some of the most awesome cats ever, ( WHY DID FIRESTAR HAVE TO DIE!?!?) I would go for it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJayLikesCSM November 29, 2013

It is fine.

It is a great book. I am reading the whole series and it is fine. As far as language it is minor words such as stupid or shut up. Cats mate and have kits although not much is shown. The only violence is when cats get into combat. Some cats are wounded, or worse killed. But overall it is a great book and i would recommend it for anyone 10 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGainer11 November 22, 2013

Great series! Some violence.

Love this series. Well written and exciting. There is quite a bit of violence, but suitable for pre-teens.
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2013

Great books. Not for young kids.

The educational value would have to be the awesome vocab. Really help my writing. The story has a positive image in the first 6 books, where a young kittypet (house cat) to the noble leader of his clan. Hard work pays off! It is kinda violent though because the constant battles, fights, wounds (not in great detail), and death. It does have little bad language (mouse brain, fox dung, mouse dung, frog brain, ect.) All meant to mean stupid.
Kid, 10 years old October 19, 2013

Meow......hiss !

I started reading Warriors when I was 9 yrs old and loved it. There is LOTS of violence but this book is for kids 9+ because 8 & under wont handle it too well. Many cats die. It's a good book!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycaramelpuppy October 17, 2013

overrated cat fantasy series

okay. this book is everywhere. there's RPG sites for it, youtube animations, etc. I don't see what's so good about it. it's a bunch of feral cat tribes. (riverclan, thunderclan, windclan, starclan, and shadowclan) The original series was great but the spin-offs like the new prophercy are kinda boring and hard to understand. There's too many characters you have no idea what is happening or who those cats are. The cats are always in wars, deaths, etc and cats die and re-appear as ghosts in Starclan. A few of the characters are rolemodels, like the original character, Firestar. Overall, this book is really overrated and just really confusing. Only read the first series which starts with Into the wild. The rest suck.
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2013

Scourge always scared the lunch out of me...

This is a great series, but darkest hour always TERRIFIED me scourge, augggghhhhh I love how this series mirrors human issues and it does have mating but nothing too bad
Kid, 8 years old June 9, 2013

okay if at least 8

these books are the best they are awesome if don't like than you don't like fantasty and adventure very good and adventures happen alot you gotta love these books also try seekers these books are great know bad words at all and i'm pretty you but ive read the hunger games so compared to that like super good like no vilonse there are battles and some cats die i say at least be 8 okay.