All member reviews for When You Reach Me

Kid, 10 years old September 3, 2011

really good book

I love this book! It is a little confusing when they are talking about time travel but it really doesn't matter. You might want to read A Wrinkle in Time because they talk about it a lot in this book but you don't have too.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookwormwriter July 23, 2011

One of my favorites

This was a great book, but a little confusing the first time I read it. It has some violence when a group of boys beat up a different boy, but it's not too bad. I liked this book, and I'm going to read First Light, another book by Rebecca Stead. Happy reading! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperq4898 June 21, 2011

Best book!

I thought this was a reallly good book! I couldn't stop reading it!
Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2011

A book to recomend

I think that this is a great book for kids from my perspective, I recomend this book for 9-12 year olds.
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2011

Great for ages 10 and up!

It is okay.... It is a bit hard to understand but you get there eventually. Very Interesting, sci fcish/time travel novel. Has a bit of violence. A good book to read over a long period of time. e.g holiday,a long car trip. recommended for ages 10+ and anyone who likes a very entested detailed story.
Teen, 13 years old Written byoag721 March 27, 2011

Amazing

This book provides discussion that some younger readers may not comprehend about complex time travel contrary to what is known as "time travel". Readers who have read A Wrinkle in Time or seen reruns of the $20,000 Pyramid will find this familiar, funny, and heartwarming. The main character does develop a romantic intrest, but it is in a realistic, feeling-not-looks way. They do share a kiss or two, but there is no description other than "He kissed me. Then I kissed him back." The violence is not descriptive. Overall, this is a book to be read and reread over and over.
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2011

GREAT>>>AMAZING>>>AWESOME>>>FANTASTIC>>>WONDERFUL

I LOVE this book! Every person 9+ should read it. WAY better than Harry Potter. You don't even notice it's in the 70's.
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2011

heart warming book for the whole family

such an amizing book!!! i is a little confusing in the begining but the way it is writen it just pulls you in. i would recamend for parints to read this book aloud to your kids, as then its easer to understand for some reason. for ages 8 to 100 this is truly a heart warming book for the whole family
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2010

only for 12 and older

great book
Kid, 12 years old September 1, 2010

GREAT BOOK

Recommend it for 10+, good book, skips scenarios a little, making a a little confusing! Overall GREAT! Questions, Comments- 20qwerty30@gmail.com
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2010

really interesting

not something 8 year olds would understand though, i love stories about time travel
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizzavince May 30, 2010

Confusing for Younger Readers, but Great Time Travel

This was a great book with a great plot and characters. The story combines realistic fiction with a little bit of science fiction. The only reason I have this rated iffy for 12+ is because younger children won't understand the theory of time travel they present in this book. Also, it is not necessary but will make the book more enjoyable if you have read A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'engle.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookbook April 27, 2010

Sorry, not my favorite this time.

This book was fine, but it just wasn't my favorite. Sometimes I wouldn't really feel like reading it and just wanted it to be over with. I didn't feel like the characters were likable enough. Some of it creeped me out. I just didn't like it very much, but good for you if you did like it!
Kid, 9 years old March 23, 2010

one of the best boooks I have read.

There is little violence, but must of it is feared. Miranda is afraid of some boy that hang out in a garage and a crazy man. A boy is pushed and punched (no blood) and Sal's nose bleeds, but not graphically. The laughing man is run over, but it literally just said. A few pages late the blood and dismemberment of his body is refrenced as a heap of awful. Somehow CSM missed the usage of he**, but it is used infrequently.
Kid, 9 years old February 22, 2010

9+ Great book for tweens

The best book EVER!!!!:) Miranda and Colin kiss a few times and you will best understand the book if you've read A Wrinkle In Time (another great book by Madeliene L'engle) and its AWESOME!
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2010

I really liked this book
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2010

i thought it was pretty good no probloms and i would read it.