All member reviews for Where the Red Fern Grows

Tearjerker about country boy and his hound dogs.

Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2014

Where the red fern grows

I think this was an amazing book. Wilson Rawls did an amazing job of writing it. The detail is superb and his writing style is great. I recommend this book for people who enjoy a heartwarming adventure, and who has a strong love for animals (especially dogs). I you don't want to read something sad, I don't suggest reading this book. Personally I would read this over and over.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBUCKBUCK August 4, 2013

middle school and up

I read it in 6th grade(required) It just is not a great book and not for elementary schoolers. At 12 I had a hard time handling it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymatt7553 November 15, 2012

where the red fern grows

best book/ movie i have ever seen
Teen, 13 years old Written byEezma July 5, 2012

Sad but good

This book is way too sad!! It is a great book if you like to cry.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 8, 2012

Love it!

Amazing classic story of love and devotion.
Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2012

#1 Book!

It is a great book but really sad! It has a touching ending! There is some violence but is the best book ever! The end is very sad, and I cried for an hour, but it is a awesome book!
Adult Written byGo Canucks GO!!! March 7, 2012

Hot Book! >:D

this book is a super great book, i think whoever reads this, you will never forget in a million years what this book is about. And also, this book talks a lot of bloody stuff, like Old Dan got a huge cut in the middle of his stomach, and blood all over the place... well anyways, most of the people reading this book will usaully cry and cry and cry, but I think their is nothing so impression for you to cry for. However, once again this is a great book, everybody over 11 should read it. PS: have fun!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymadronachic January 31, 2012

I enjoyed the book.

I will be post my review i am in charge of my school newspaper will be here soon....
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlondiegyrl January 4, 2012

I felt he was brave walking to the city by him self. I would put the medal in my room up on the shelves so if anyone comes in they can see it. I thought the book was good because it seemed full of action and emotion. I would cry, because it was so sad.

It was a evry nice book.
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2011

Just Fine

i am reading this book in class and i really don't like it. it gets kind of hard when you have to read 200 words a page and 20 chapters yes it is a lot but some parts are really good. like when Billy [the main character] like when billy chops down the biggest tree around where he lives. and when little ann [the smart hound dog] falls into the freezing cold water and billy goes in to rescue her
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2011

W T R F G (WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS ) BY A 11 YEAR OLD

honestly im 11 i read it i 4th grade i loved tear jerker yes ive never forgotten it in fact im reading it again and all my theachers love it (the book )
Teen, 16 years old Written bySnowflake551 October 4, 2011

The Incredible Where the Red Fern Grows!

It's a great book! I read it in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. It teaches so much about getting something on your own, being responsible, and courage! I definitely recommend it for everybody to read 11 & up!
Kid, 12 years old September 13, 2011

You haven't lived until you have read this book.

Where the Red Fern Grows was the best book I have ever read in my life. I am only 13 years old, but I've always got a book in my hand, and this book tops every one by a long shot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBA Boy Scout August 16, 2011

Not for People that want to Shelter their kids from the Real World

I don't know why the h***l that 90% say sexual content is a issue!! But anyway this is a great book about country life in General and a Boy and his dogs. CMON PEOPLE GET OVER THE FACT HE HUNTS! He is doing it for his Family anyway! But if your the kind of person who wants to shelter there kids from the real world of hunting animals and having to through some troubles in life this book is NOT for you. And anyway so what if his mom switches him at one time almost any parent in the US would switch there kids! I Believe this is a great book about Americana and Country life 5 STARS!
Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2011

its good

we read this book in 4th grade lol and i luv it
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2011

perfect for tweens that have a higher reading level

i think that some kids are to emotinal to read it so thats why i dont think its a good book for 9 year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 September 11, 2010

Sad story

the book was filled with, adventure, peril, contests, fights, and death, This book is not for very young readers.
Kid, 10 years old August 2, 2010

e.g. Perfect for older kids and tweens

sad but very cute. i watched it in my class and most of the girls cried so did i. VERY CUT MOVIE & BOOK!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old June 12, 2010

perfect for 12+

sad but cute i watched it at school.my friend cried and shes pretty tough
Teen, 13 years old Written byvivianxiao May 2, 2010

Okay

It was okay for me. I'm not a dog-lover, so maybe that's why I didn't love it too much. Parts of it were slow for me, probably because I like action more. Still a wonderful and moving tale though.